MVMCP - Is it worth it???

Do AP/DVC discount nights tend to be more crowded? I just noticed the night we planned on going doesn't even offer an advanced purchase discount, so I'm wondering if that's good for crowds b/c most people will pick a discount night or bad b/c they anticipate it being crowded so they don't offer a discount! :confused3

We have only been once, it was when wristbands were still used, it was fantastic. They had some great shows, there were no waits for rides. And the cookies and hot chocolate were also fun. It had a very festive feel. I hate to hear they no longer use the wristbands, I will probably not do the Christmas party any longer. But I am glad I did it at least the one time!

Just got my tickets to the last night of MVMCP on December 18th - and now I'm a little worried, after reading these posts! I'm a sucker for parades (and used to watch Disney's Christmas parade every year on Christmas morning), so I'm hoping this will make the ticket price worth it. We obviously don't get much snow in Texas, so I'm looking forward to that too! Even though it sounds like there are some flaws, it's Christmas at Disney, so I'm thinking it can't be that bad! :goodvibes

I am very excited of going to the MVMCP - haven't gotten my tickets yet, but will probably do so next month as soon as i decide what date we are going!

Hopefully with all the negative comments there will be less people going and won't be that crowded:cool1:

One can only hope:)

We have only been once, it was when wristbands were still used, it was fantastic. They had some great shows, there were no waits for rides. And the cookies and hot chocolate were also fun. It had a very festive feel. I hate to hear they no longer use the wristbands, I will probably not do the Christmas party any longer. But I am glad I did it at least the one time!

We were there 12/18 last year, the second to the last one of the year. And they did still use wristbands.... :confused3

Are you confusing it with PM EMH where the no longer use wristbands?

The bid discussion last year was whether they were checking closely enough for the wristbands. If you were in line for a ride or special character meet & greet they were checking. Enforcing the wristbands on Main Street for those sitting around to watch the shows, parade and fireworks was a little more problematic...

When did they stop using the wristbands? When we went to MNSSHP, we were given wristbands when we entered the park that afternoon. If they don't give out wristbands, how on earth do they separate people with MVMCP tickets from those who just stay in the park?! :confused3

We are arriving on Nov 29 the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Can we buy tickets to this the day of the event at our WDW resort when we arrive and check in?

Which other nite during the 1st week of December might be a better option for the crowds?

What are the times for the parades and fireworks? Maybe we should hit a couple of rides and hit the late parade? How good is the Twas the Night show?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter