MVMCP help? Planning advice.

NicholeB630

DIS Veteran
Hi so this is our first time every doing a party at Disney and our second trip with our kids. They are almost 6 and 2.5. We are going to the party on December 9th. I have no idea how to plan this out. What to do first or anything like that. Here are my ideas of what we want to do I think. I can't talk to my daughter yet about what characters to meet because were not telling them yet. But I dont think we'd do the Seven Drawfs just due to the line and I dont think they will want to wait that long. But here is what I am thinking we do want to do so if you have any ideas of which order I should do them in or anything it would be appreciated.

Frozen Holiday wish
Fireworks
10:30 Parade - hoping we dont have to find a spot an hour early
Tomorrowland Christmas show
One of the dance parties (not sure which is better to go to)
Probably a few characters but like I said not sure which ones at this point.
We have a FP for Buzz from 4:40-5:40 so we are most likely going to get back to park after our break around 5.

Is the Frozen Holiday Wish the castle lighting? We watched the castle lighting right by the Tommorowland Bridge then went to Cosmic Ray's for dinner. We had a seat down by Sonny Eclipse. Right at 7:00, when the party started, the music changed and an elf DJ came up out of the floor to start the dance party. We were so surprised! Eating there worked out really well because we were able to be at a dance party when it started. The kids danced for a bit then we grabbed some cookies and went on our way. My kids do not like fireworks so we didn't watch from Main Street. We watched the second parade from Frontierland without having to wait and without any crowds.

Right there with ya, OP. I am an ultra planner, but this party has me overwhelmed for some reason. I know we want to see:

7:30 Celebrate the Season
8:00 Frozen Holiday Wish
8:15 Christmas Parade
9:15 Celebrate the Magic
9:30 Holiday Wishes

But have no idea if we can find a spot to just plop ourselves down at for 2+ hours and have a good view of all of them.

i think do what feels natural to you? everything is really great at the christmas parties and if you're a ride person the waits are so short it's a great time to ride them. but there's lots of great character opportunities so maybe with kids who are into those i'd focus on those if you wanted

Is the Frozen Holiday Wish the castle lighting? We watched the castle lighting right by the Tommorowland Bridge then went to Cosmic Ray's for dinner. We had a seat down by Sonny Eclipse. Right at 7:00, when the party started, the music changed and an elf DJ came up out of the floor to start the dance party. We were so surprised! Eating there worked out really well because we were able to be at a dance party when it started. The kids danced for a bit then we grabbed some cookies and went on our way. My kids do not like fireworks so we didn't watch from Main Street. We watched the second parade from Frontierland without having to wait and without any crowds.

Were going to have to eat dinner when we get there after our FP to Buzz so maybe we will try Cosmic Rays and be around that area to see the castle lighting and then be in there for the dance party that sounds like a good way to start the night.

Right there with ya, OP. I am an ultra planner, but this party has me overwhelmed for some reason. I know we want to see:

But have no idea if we can find a spot to just plop ourselves down at for 2+ hours and have a good view of all of them.
What are all those? I know what the parade wishes are but not sure I would want to spend 2+ hours just sitting.

Were going to have to eat dinner when we get there after our FP to Buzz so maybe we will try Cosmic Rays and be around that area to see the castle lighting and then be in there for the dance party that sounds like a good way to start the night.

I thought there were no FP's for the Christmas parties. :confused3

This is the order I'm planning on doing them in, UNLESS we do the Frozen Castle Lighting earlier in our trip and don't want to do it again. But otherwise, I feel like this is the best order to get them all done. If I want to see FHW at 8, then I might as well see CTS at 7:30 so I can be there earlier for a better spot for Frozen. THEN, since the parade starts at 8:15 and will come right by the hub, I figure there is no point in leaving. Then by the time the parade is over, I can push back and get a spot further back for Holiday Wishes. I hope this is a good plan.

We are going to the party this Sunday. First trip to WDW for DD after a few trips to DLR and our first ever party event. I was feeling a little lost and overwhelmed until I wrote a plan down. I did a google doc so I can reference it on my phone. The plan may get adjusted on the fly but at least it is a starting point. My DD hates character greetings but loves BTMR so I expect we will be riding that until we are all ready to barf.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k_yYGu0iw1H29Nb16EFL8xtqZpKsJUEIuE6DnK8ZCvo/edit?usp=sharing

If anyone wants to look at my google doc feel free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter