mvmcp 2006 tips only

First off I just want to say how disappointed I am with the down-grades for this years parties. If there is a direct place to send our concerns could someone please post that because I have a few things I'd like to say :badpc: lol!!

Now onto the tips; I've been to a party every year since 1999 and have picked up a few thoughts. Some of this maybe repeat from other posts but this way it will all be in one place for the newbies :thumbsup2

-Don't rush, panic, stampede, push foreign travelers and the elderly to the ground, or stress out in any way to see it all. You won't, plain and simple. The point is to enjoy the things you do see. Not remembering the things in your pictures and video is the sadest thing ever.
-Do dress/pack for a frosty night, NO MATTER WHAT your thoughts of what a florida night should feel like are. I don't know if its the fake snow or seeing all cast members in hats and scarves, but I have been frozen for just about every party I've been to (and I live in WI ;) ). End thought; Rather have it than not, You can always put it in a locker!
-If you do not have dinner reservations inside MK and are coming for party only, eat before you come. Even if its just your resort foodcourt. Though there is limited food available at the party, it is mostly the same staple redundant theme park food that offers very few choices. Eat an early dinner and plan on a snack or two at the party.
-Do ride splash mountain regardless of the temp. The lines are short the colder it gets but disney lowers the water level so you don't get as wet, if at all. Ponchos help and that midnight ride is worth anything!!
-Don't ride the steam boat if it is open. They get you on by bringing carolers to entertain but it is a waste of 20 min. My apologies to anyone who enjoys this.
-Do stand on mainstreet for at least 5 min. Hug/kiss the people you are with and celebrate this magical moment. I normally get emotional and end up crying a little :lmao:
-Though the photo situation is frustrating this year, still do it. Its a chance to get a really nice family photo with a holiday theme. Makes great holiday cards too!
-Bring santa hats for the whole family. Tons of people wear them to the party and if you forget, well of course Disney will sell you some $$$. And don't be afraid to dress in holiday clothes, even matching outfits. Festive is the name of the game.
-If you've never seen the parade, see it twice. It's worth it.
-My favorite place to watch any fireworks is from behind the castle in fantasyland. You are literally surrounded by the action. I have a special spot, but I'm not telling :p lol! If you can't make it behind the castle also try the bridge in frontierland, on the side of the castle near the Rose Garden, or the entrance to tomorrowland. Point:The front of the castle is NOT the best view. The closer to the front of the castle, the less fireworks you'll be able to see behind it. You should be no closer than the end of Main street.
-Make special holiday autograph books just for that night. Leave room for pictures to make a scrapbook when you get home.
-Check to see if the "Night before Christmas" show is playing during normal park hours. It has in the past. Why do something at the party you can see during the day.
-Take as many picture as you can. I'm so sad that the holiday Country bears is gone but I'm happy that I have it on video to watch forever. :thumbsup2
-The park sells holiday balloons on Mainstreet. Just red/green but still fun.

Thats about all I can think of right now but I will leave you with a party night pack list. For those who like to be prepared, or overly so. lol!!\
-at least 1 extra layer for each person, mittens, santa hats, light-up/glow items, camera and all extras, autograph books, band-aids, pain relief, thin blanket/hotel towel works too; pleasant, calm moods and it sounds stupid but, PARTY TICKETS. Check them before you leave your house, on the airplane, at the hotel, and on the bus to MK. They have no way of replacing lost tickets, so if your date is sold out, treat them like gold.

Have a great time everyone!!!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

uncw89 said:
Is the 50% off photopass only good while you are there or do you 50%off when you order from home as well?
Thanks!

The 50% is good at home as well BUT its only good for ONE time only so make your decision carefully about which ones you want to buy.

piratepresleyrocks said:
First off I just want to say how disappointed I am with the down-grades for this years parties. If there is a direct place to send our concerns could someone please post that because I have a few things I'd like to say :badpc: lol!!

Now onto the tips; I've been to a party every year since 1999 and have picked up a few thoughts. Some of this maybe repeat from other posts but this way it will all be in one place for the newbies :thumbsup2

-Don't rush, panic, stampede, push foreign travelers and the elderly to the ground, or stress out in any way to see it all. You won't, plain and simple. The point is to enjoy the things you do see. Not remembering the things in your pictures and video is the sadest thing ever.
-Do dress/pack for a frosty night, NO MATTER WHAT your thoughts of what a florida night should feel like are. I don't know if its the fake snow or seeing all cast members in hats and scarves, but I have been frozen for just about every party I've been to (and I live in WI ;) ). End thought; Rather have it than not, You can always put it in a locker!
-If you do not have dinner reservations inside MK and are coming for party only, eat before you come. Even if its just your resort foodcourt. Though there is limited food available at the party, it is mostly the same staple redundant theme park food that offers very few choices. Eat an early dinner and plan on a snack or two at the party.
-Do ride splash mountain regardless of the temp. The lines are short the colder it gets but disney lowers the water level so you don't get as wet, if at all. Ponchos help and that midnight ride is worth anything!!
-Don't ride the steam boat if it is open. They get you on by bringing carolers to entertain but it is a waste of 20 min. My apologies to anyone who enjoys this.
-Do stand on mainstreet for at least 5 min. Hug/kiss the people you are with and celebrate this magical moment. I normally get emotional and end up crying a little :lmao:
-Though the photo situation is frustrating this year, still do it. Its a chance to get a really nice family photo with a holiday theme. Makes great holiday cards too!
-Bring santa hats for the whole family. Tons of people wear them to the party and if you forget, well of course Disney will sell you some $$$. And don't be afraid to dress in holiday clothes, even matching outfits. Festive is the name of the game.
-If you've never seen the parade, see it twice. It's worth it.
-My favorite place to watch any fireworks is from behind the castle in fantasyland. You are literally surrounded by the action. I have a special spot, but I'm not telling :p lol! If you can't make it behind the castle also try the bridge in frontierland, on the side of the castle near the Rose Garden, or the entrance to tomorrowland. Point:The front of the castle is NOT the best view. The closer to the front of the castle, the less fireworks you'll be able to see behind it. You should be no closer than the end of Main street.
-Make special holiday autograph books just for that night. Leave room for pictures to make a scrapbook when you get home.
-Check to see if the "Night before Christmas" show is playing during normal park hours. It has in the past. Why do something at the party you can see during the day.
-Take as many picture as you can. I'm so sad that the holiday Country bears is gone but I'm happy that I have it on video to watch forever. :thumbsup2
-The park sells holiday balloons on Mainstreet. Just red/green but still fun.

Thats about all I can think of right now but I will leave you with a party night pack list. For those who like to be prepared, or overly so. lol!!\
-at least 1 extra layer for each person, mittens, santa hats, light-up/glow items, camera and all extras, autograph books, band-aids, pain relief, thin blanket/hotel towel works too; pleasant, calm moods and it sounds stupid but, PARTY TICKETS. Check them before you leave your house, on the airplane, at the hotel, and on the bus to MK. They have no way of replacing lost tickets, so if your date is sold out, treat them like gold.

Thanks so much for all the tips! I keep debating whether to order the Santa hats from the Disney store. Maybe I should just do it!

Liz said:
Thanks so much for all the tips! I keep debating whether to order the Santa hats from the Disney store. Maybe I should just do it!

I'm not sure what prices the Disney store is offering but if they're comparable to the parks you may want to wait til you get there. In past years they've had pink princess hats, tree hats with ornaments on them, light up hats, and a variety of character headbands all with a holiday theme. Really cute stuff if you're willing to make the investment.

Another great idea is decorating your own hats for that personal feel. You can get a variety of colors and styles of the basic hat at Target or Wal-mart and use iron-on patches, fabric paint, and glitter. Kids love showing off their "art" to the characters. :thumbsup2

piratepresleyrocks said:
PARTY TICKETS. Check them before you leave your house, on the airplane, at the hotel, and on the bus to MK. They have no way of replacing lost tickets, so if your date is sold out, treat them like gold.

Thanks for your great tips.

I've only been 1 time in 2001 and can't wait to go again 12/15.

In 2001 I did forget my tickets at home. I was able to get replacement tickets because I did have my confirmation number with me.

piratepresleyrocks said:
I'm not sure what prices the Disney store is offering but if they're comparable to the parks you may want to wait til you get there. In past years they've had pink princess hats, tree hats with ornaments on them, light up hats, and a variety of character headbands all with a holiday theme. Really cute stuff if you're willing to make the investment.

Another great idea is decorating your own hats for that personal feel. You can get a variety of colors and styles of the basic hat at Target or Wal-mart and use iron-on patches, fabric paint, and glitter. Kids love showing off their "art" to the characters. :thumbsup2

Disney online has the hats for $12.99 right now. They were $9.99 last time I looked at them. Anyone remember about how much the hats are if you buy them at the party?

Liz said:

I ordered them last week for $7 with discounts. Can't wait to get them plus alot cheaper than buying ones in the park. Anybody know what the green thing is stitched on them after your name? I am thinking it might be a xmas tree but the pictures aren't very clear even when you zoom in.

Liz said:
Disney online has the hats for $12.99 right now. They were $9.99 last time I looked at them. Anyone remember about how much the hats are if you buy them at the party?

I am curious how much the hats are the park too. Anyone have a price range of how much they have been in the past?

Thanks PiratePresley - Great tips. We'll be there Monday night! :cool1: :bounce:

TheWog said:
Thanks PiratePresley - Great tips. We'll be there Monday night! :cool1: :bounce:
Hope you get a chance to let us all know what attractions are open during MVMCP this year, or even post a scan of the MVMCP park map if you can ASAP! Thanks!!

well I'm a little bummed about the no free picture, but at least they are offering a discount on the evening pics.

It always bothered me that we have a family of 6 and we all had to get the SAME free picture!

I would have rather them take 6 different shots and we get 6 different pictures, but the only way they would have done that was for each of us to take our picture alone, and that is no way to do a family pic :earboy2:

At least this year we can do other pics.

Does anyone know if the special photopass can be added to your CD?? I realize that you wouldn't get the border, but at least you could have as many as you want.

I was thinking we'd pick our favorite, get it at 50% and then add all the others to the CD.

Great advice on this thread! We are going this Friday- 11/17.

One thing I loved last year was we stayed at the Contemporary and just walked back to our room after the party- avoiding the crazy lines to get on the monorail, fairy boat, buses, etc. Very nice. :thumbsup2

Availability update if anyone is interested. We were able to purchase two tickets for 12/11 today :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter