MVMCP *12/20* W/ Weather

kaismahma

Mouseketeer
Hello,
Can you all give me some guidance on what we will be able to do at MVMCP with the horrible forecast we are facing for tomorrow night? I know the party will not get cancelled correct? What is there to do indoors and what will get shut down with thunderstorms? Will it even be worth trying to attend? (Forecast says 100% chance of rain all day with 2-3 inches of rain and wind. Some areas could get severe weather.) Thanks! Still looking forward to the trip just a little bummed out about the party. We have ponchos and still plan on trying to make a go at it just wondering if it will be worth it or not.

Under certain foul weather circumstances, they have cancelled a party.

Unless the weather is very bad, however, the party will likable be held.
The only way to know is to wait and see.

Hello,
Can you all give me some guidance on what we will be able to do at MVMCP with the horrible forecast we are facing for tomorrow night? I know the party will not get cancelled correct? What is there to do indoors and what will get shut down with thunderstorms? Will it even be worth trying to attend? (Forecast says 100% chance of rain all day with 2-3 inches of rain and wind. Some areas could get severe weather.) Thanks! Still looking forward to the trip just a little bummed out about the party. We have ponchos and still plan on trying to make a go at it just wondering if it will be worth it or not.
Just remember that 100% change of rain means that the entire central Florida area will get rain at some point NOT that it'll rain 100% of the day
Fireworks will most likely go, parades and outdoor shows will get delayed or canceled. Some character meet and gets have indoor locations so remember to ask.

I think you're a bit too worried about it.
Think of all the MNSSHP's that have had rain/storms. There could be delays or cancellations of certain aspects but its highly doubtful the entire party would be cancelled.
Same can be said for MVMCP.
Also just because the forecast calls for rain/storms/winds.... doesn't mean its going to happen at MK or even anywhere in Disney.
I went to the party on 12/9 and in the morning there was warnings for flooding, winds, and tornadoes. At POP we got a few minutes of lighting/thunder a few winds guests and heavy rain.
We got to MK at 1pm and while it was cloudy there was no rain.

If you haven't purchased your tickets yet then skip it if you think the weather is not to your liking.
If you already bought tickets then its definitely worth still going.

If budget is not an issue I would consider getting the Tony's special event part of it so in case you're delayed in rain and just want to hang for a bit it's a nice option/alternative. There's a kids dance part or two if Tony's isn't an option that you can hang inside there for awhile in case rain gets heavy. One I know is over by tomorrowland area inside by cosmic ray's. wait to c mickey inside which is safe from rain on main street by tony's restaurant. shop of course.

The rainfall this morning has been torrential! Local weather has it as 4-5” per hour at times with multiple tornado warnings. I’ve been hanging in the room lol

However, the forecast is that things will improve later today so while it may be rainy it shouldn’t be torrential by party time. Fingers crossed for those going this evening.

I redid my FP’s at Epcot for this afternoon hoping that things will lighten up just a little bit later in the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter