Must Try Disneyland Foods-Go

Loaded baked potato soup at Carnation Cafe
Beignets and then get more beignets

The corn on the cob is amazing! Freshest most amazing corn in the cob ever. My daughter eats an entire ear to herself.

Plaza Inn- fried chicken meal and also try the salad they make just for you. So good!
Cafe Orleans- Monte Cristo. I prefer the cheese one. The pomme frites are great too!
Always gotta have a churro and dole whip
Jolly Holiday Bakery- cinnamon roll and Mickey shortbread cookie with icing.

Agree with many of the above!

Trader Sam's for tiki drinks and apps.

Also, we like the paradise garden grille for healthier stuff within the parks ( shares seating with Boardwalk pizza and pasta in DCA).

And, for a yummy, decidedly non park food meal, try Catal in DTD. Their salads are really yummy and their Lamb ragu with housemade pasta is delicious.

Fried biscuits at Carthay Circle. I once read an article of top 10 foods to try at DLR and this was ranked 1. After trying, I can understand why.

A lot of people mentioned corn dogs at Disneyland but I much prefer them at corn dog castle in California adventure.

Dole whips
Pomme frites
Monte cristo
Plaza fried chicken

so i've been basically doing a paleo diet, so this may seem boring, but my go-to at DL is the chicken at Rancho Del Zocalo (with double veggies, no beans/rice/tortilla)

My absolute favorite is the Asian Chicken Salad in the breadbowl at the place in DCA on the wharf. Also, many of what the others have mentioned: corn dogs, 3-cheese monte cristo and pomme frites at Cafe Orleans, Matterhorn cookie at the Jolly Holiday Bakery, Dole whips, beignets. We liked Big Thunder BBQ last trip and my daughter requested it again . . . for the last time. :sad:

I am going with my DH for four days... no kids... and I'm totally planning our trip around food. This list is great!

....slice of watermelon,ice cold, drawn from the cattle trough, dripping down your wrist and arm, the banjo music playing in the background, cool inspiration of the river, and if you are lucky, the steamboat will blow its steam, mid bite, New Orleans style!!!!!

Some of my favorites...
Table Service
  • Gumbo and Pomme Frites at Cafe Orleans (DL)
  • Ribs, Chicken, and Baked Beans at the Big Thunder Ranch BBQ (DL)
  • Fried Dill Pickles and Loaded Bake Potato Soup at Carnation Cafe (DL)
  • House Biscuits at Carthay Circle (DCA)
  • Bourbon Street Sampler at Jazz Kitchen Express (DTD)
  • Charred Nebraska Corn Chowder at Storytellers Cafe (GCH)
Counter Service
  • New Orleans Salad and Mint Julep at the French Market (DL)
  • Fried Chicken at the Plaza Inn (DL)
  • Asian Chicken Salad at Redd Rockett's Pizza Port (DL)
  • Tomato Basil Soup and Jolly Holiday Salad at Jolly Holiday (DL)
Snacks
  • Dole Whip Float at Tiki Bar (DL)
  • Popcorn (Various Stands Around the Parks)
  • S'Mores Bar (seasonal), Raspberry Macarons, and Chocolate Eclair at Jolly Holiday (DL)
  • Beignet (regular or Gingerbread) at the Mint Julep Bar (DL)
  • Oswald Ice Cream Sundae at Clarabelle's (DCA)
  • Chocolate-Covered Caramel Apple (Various Candy Shops)

Pack your own meals if you can and just eat snacks at Disneyland because the food is not good (in my personal opinion). The snacks like popcorn and dole whip are a must try :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter