Must see...

PercussionGirl

Mouseketeer
Hi. Very excited as my mum and dad have just booked a week trip to Paris with the promise of visiting DLP for most of it. Anything that is a "must see"?

If you are going for 'most of the week' then you should be able to see everythng at least once.

My 'must see' attractions, taking into account I don't like 'thrill rides':

Disneyland Park:

All the shows and parades
Pirates of the Caribbean
Peter Pan's Flight
Le Pays de Contes des Fees (Story book ride)
It's A Small World
Star Tours
Phantom Manor

Studios:

Animagique
Cinemagique
Moteurs - Action!
Studio Tram Tour

Pop in to visit the dragon under the castle - he's very impressive! And try to visit the Blue Lagoon restaurant, even if only for a dessert or something. If you go during off peak eating times you should have very little problem getting a table by the "water" and then you can watch the boats float pass before they set off on their Pirates of the Caribbean journey - lovely.

Have a wonderful time.:D

It's a few years since we went (before the Studios were open), but from what I remember, I agree with the above - especially eating at the Blue Lagoon and watching the POTC boats float by. When we were there, the people in the boats shouted 'Bon Appetit' to the diners, and the diners shouted back 'Bon Voyage' to the people in the boats! Great fun - don't know if they still do that!
Space Mountain is a better ride in Paris than it is in WDW - sorry, everyone, but it is: it has a vertical loop in it! The equivalent to Tomorrowland is very well done in a style they call 'retro future' (i.e. it looks like a 19th Century vision of the future). (Pirates is also better in Paris.)
Star Tours is pretty much the same ride, but in French!
Indiana Jones is a another ride with a vertical loop: when we were there, they ran the whole thing backwards - can't remember why!
There's a nice little train ride, based on the circus train in Dumbo, too. And a maze with characters from Alice in Wonderland. Oh yes, and a windmill ride...
We also saw a fantastic show, based on Mulan, with Chinese acrobats. As I say, it's a few years ago, so I don't suppose it's still running. But it was one of the most wonderful things we have ever seen!
The other shows were good too, and done in French and English. (And Chip 'n' Dale are called Zig and Zag, if I remember correctly!)
Have a great time!

Stratocastermagic - we saw the Mulan show when we went at the end of 1999. It really was fantastic - we had to go and see it every day! Unfortunately it finished about three years ago.

But they have just opened Legend of the Lion King at Videopolis, based on the musical version, which I'm sure should be worth a visit.

I would agree with most of the points on here.

The Indiana Jones ride? hmm. I 'conned' myself into going on this one because 'you'll get a lovely view of the park'. NOT WITH YOUR EYES SHUT YOU DON'T!

I really liked the dragon in the castle. I'll confess to being a bit of a dragon fan but he was gorgeous. The castle itself was lovely.

After going upside down on Indiana Jones the wildest thing I wanted to do was go on the Mark Twain paddlesteamer. It was really nice! Unfortunately the commentary was a bit drowned out but never mind, the sail round was really pleasant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter