• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must see/eat/drink places in Key West

Mtinkerbell5189

Mouseketeer
We are two adults who will be going to Key West on Monday on the Magic. I was wondering before we leave tomorrow if anyone has any suggestions of MUST go to places to see, eat, or drink in ket west.

We may ride bikes around and just stop some places. Do you think the bike places also rent out locks so we could stop somewhere for a drink.

Thanks!

Get the real Key lime pie there. To the right as you come off the ship.
Walk Via Sloppy Joes to
Hemingway's house, then
Southernmost point. All one road.

Its all pretty safe around there,

Give the pirate museum a miss but the trolley tour was good.

We liked the Green Parrot. We of course also swung by Sloppy Joes, Lazy Gecko, Captain Tony's, and the bar that is on the pier at the end of Duval. It was a nice little mid day bar hop!

We love Truman's Little White House as far as the museums go. For bars, Sloppy Joes, Captain Tony's, and Margaritaville (hey, it's the original so it's a must!). And for a good dessert Better Than Sex (which specializes in everything chocolate).

The Porch was a great small bar.
We didn't care for the Conch Republic Seafood place, pricey and so-so meals.
Schooner Warf had great food, and entertainment.
McConnell's Irish Pub and Grill had good food.

I've rented bikes from two different places at Key West. Both places provided locks for bikes. You will get a better deal if you bypass the first bike rental locarion off the boat a go into town a little more. Goggle bike rentals ahead of time for some $off coupons. The best bikes I have rented were from an establishment that had all yellow bicycles. Sorry, don't remember the name.

We bypassed renting bikes and instead rented an electric car. They picked us up and then after dropped us back off. It was so much fun! We were able to go to the Fort East Martello museum which was a civil war fort and was very interesting. After, we went to Hemingway's house, and the southernmost point.

Sloppy Joe's for a margarita, and if you can possibly lay your hands on a Blonde Giraffe Chocolate Coated Pie on a Stick you will be in heaven.

We are two adults who will be going to Key West on Monday on the Magic. I was wondering before we leave tomorrow if anyone has any suggestions of MUST go to places to see, eat, or drink in ket west.

We may ride bikes around and just stop some places. Do you think the bike places also rent out locks so we could stop somewhere for a drink.

Thanks!

We'll be there with you! Less than 24 hours until we are on the ship!

We bypassed renting bikes and instead rented an electric car. They picked us up and then after dropped us back off. It was so much fun! We were able to go to the Fort East Martello museum which was a civil war fort and was very interesting. After, we went to Hemingway's house, and the southernmost point.

I like the idea of the Fort. Too far to bike or walk?

I need to find time to make a map!

It would be too far to walk and for me (and everyone else in our group), it was too far to bike. The fort is on the opposite side of the island than the port.

Irish Kevin's is a must for a drink. Have some conch fritters (they're pretty good at any of the little cafe's) and some Kermit's chocolate covered key lime pie on a stick

I have a friend, who spends a month in KW every April. Said Blue Heaven was good for Key Lime on stick. Best happy hour at the Half Shell Raw bar. For fun place, he said go to Dante's, it can be a little nutty at times. They have a pool. He suggested not to bring my young daughter there.
Other places Schooners & Flying Monkey.
BTW, this guy's a drinker.
I may be going solo tomorrow if my DD enjoys the kid's club.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter