SuperMuscleMan

Superman Cosplayer, Filmaker, Gym & Rugby Dude
So you are ready for a trip to Disneyland Paris! All booked and ready to go... but then you are like what if, how do I do that... etc?

I wanted to give some tips on what digital tips and apps can make your life easier for both international visitors and more European ones.

DATA

Like the American parks it's pretty important to stay connected during your time in and around the resort.

WiFi
The parks, hotels and village all have pretty solid WiFi. It's not great for streaming but works for everyday tasks and brilliantly for the DLP app. France has some odd WiFi laws but 99.99% of people ignore them.

In Park USB charging
  • Cafe Hyperion in Discoveryland is free but you need to bring your own USB cable.
  • Portable chargers can be bought for €4 for 2 hours or €10 a day and basically can be found at the entry to Main Street and Studio one. Although I've not seen them I expect chargers may now also be available in Avengers campus.
eSim
If you have a newer phone and are coming from further abroad...

Then I reccomend using a eSim in addition to your own. These can be setup a week or so and activate automatically working alongside your current simcard but taking over the data and/or SMS phone.

If you have a multi country trip around Europe then a Europe wide package can be bought which costs around $20 usd for 5GB. If you only need France then it's $15.

Some examples of suppliers:
Airalo
BreatheSim
Flixiroam

Local Sim
If you would prefer a pay as you go simcard that you swap out from your phone (or goes into a second slot). You may prefer an English speaking simcard.

These UK companies provide some EU data included in it's normal UK pricing:

Giff gaff - £10 is 5GB for EU and 15UK (piggyback off 0²)
Smarty - £8 for 12GB EU/UK (piggyback off Three network)
- £10 - 25GB EU/UK (major network) select big bundle.

There are plenty more but these are bigger UK players where control is simple.

IN PARK​

So your data is sorted but what apps help with a fantastic stay at DLP?

Disney Land Paris App
This is not as far fetching as the American versions but they do a pretty good job.
Things to note...
  • The food ordering last time I tried is by a 3rd party and fails for foreign registered cards.
  • Don't forget selected shows and experiences are in different languages. If a show displays a 🇬🇧 the show time indicated is in English and visa versa for🇫🇷 (French). All other shows are normally a mixture of French/English.
  • The English app can sometimes be updated a day or two after the French.
  • Premier Access can be purchased in app.
  • Selected restaurant bookings can be done in app but time period prior varies.
  • Some experiences have virtual queue which can be done in app.

TRAVEL​

From Paris and London DLP is very easy to get to. But these apps make things very smooth.

Citimapper

My favourite app. It makes any travel using public and private transport a breeze. This gives clear instructions using multiple forms of transport options. It can even give a price, where to stand and walk if using the train or metro. But shows other options and mixed options too. France often has strikes and on multiple occasions this has saved the day!

Eurostar
If you are coming from the UK or other Eurostar countries then install this to get information on the current journey times etc. (Please note direct DLP trips from London are soon to be suspended and you will need to change either in central Paris or Lille).

I will add to this if you find this helpful and mods I have put in links to help. I also suggest that some can be monetised for the dis to help with costs.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter