Must eat restaurants for 1st trip???

It was our first trip to WDW as a couple/family last Thanksgiving. The best PS I made, without realizing it, was a before opening time for the Crystal Palace on our first morning. We had gotten in late so I wasn't sure we would want to get up in time, but we dragged ourselves out of bed and drove to MK, parked in the first row of an empty parking lot and rode an almost empty monorail to the MK. We got to walk down Main Street with just a handful of people (empty in Disney terms). It was truely a magical beginning to a great trip. The food and the Pooh characters were great. My 2yo DD wouldn't stop hugging piglet! That was a moment to remember!

Other suggestions:
Kona
Boma or Jiko - go early and view the amimals andsee the lodge

A few that we absolutely 'must do' everytime:
Ohana- D
Chef Mickeys- B or D (or both)
Crystal Palace- B
Le Cellier- L or D

The rest, we keep trying ones we haven't done before...

I'm starting to look into the different restaurants.. any opinions on restaurants that we should definately look into.. there are so many to pick from.. I get so confused..

Tamara

I have just loved the meals I have had at:

MGM...50's Prime Time Cafe
Beach Club...Cape May Cafe
Dolphin....Fresh (that's the name, alright)

I agree with the above posters on resteraunt--when making PSs-mention the fact that you are on your honeymoon. CRT had given my dh a small cake and had mickey head glitter all over the table (it was also the best table for WISHES). Le cellier had dh's dessert plate with Happy Birthday in chocolate with a hidden Mickey. We loved our honeymoon at WDW almost eight years ago....we wished that we had the bride ears for me and the wedding pins. Good luck!:wave2:

Fine Dining - V&A's is a once in a lifetime experience, Cal Grill, Flying Fish, Yachtsmans Steakhouse, Citricos.

Dinner - Le Cellier, Marrakesh, Narcoossees, Artist Pt

Fun Dining - Cindy's, Ohanas, Whispering Canyon, Beaches & Cream, Sci Fi, 50s PT, ESPN

Anytime - Konas, Concourse Steakhouse

Here are the menus:
www.allearsnet.com/menus/menu.htm

Fine Dining - Cal Grill (incredible food & view), Yachtsmans St, Flying Fish, V&As, Le Cellier, Narcoossees, Jiko

Fun Dining - Sci Fi, 50s PT, Beaches & Cream (the best burgers & sundaes) Garden Grill to renew your vows.

Rave Reveiws-Konas, Concourse St, Cape May, Trails End, Ohana, Bomas, Marrakesh

Boma and 'Ohana are both wonderful in very different ways, but they are absolute "must dos" for us!

Some of our favorites are:

Breakfast- 1900 Park Fare- character meal at GF
Fresh- very good non-character food at The Dolphin

Lunch- Flame Tree Barbeque at AK- Counter food.
Beaches and Cream-BC

Dinner- Le Cellier at Canada in Epcot
'Ohanas at Poly
Biergarten(German Food) in Epcot

Snacks-Dole whip at MK
Kringla Bakery at Norway in Epcot

I've been a few times now and one of the best places to eat is Boma at Animal Kingdom Lodge. But be sure to leave some room for a Zebra Dome for Dessert!!! Another Great place to eat is Boulangerie Patisseri in France. Its small and really popular. I reccomend the Caramel Soufflé or the Ham and Cheese Quiche...yummie :p
And just a warning, stay far from the Sci-Fi Dine-in. ACK!!

Our must eat restuarants are Ohana, Prime Time, Sci Fi (for the kids), Chef Mickeys.
Hmmm more may come to me later :D

First trip? Must do California Grill. Great food, Nice atmosphere-- casual elegant-- and amazing views of Magic Kingdom. Top of the Contemporary. I wouldn't miss this restaurant.

I second Boma-- really great, and also liked Flying Fish.

Eating at the castle is lovely but I personally would never eat dinner there because I like a glass of wine with a fine dinner. First trip? Go all out and try to get the princess breakfast at the castle. Somehow the hoops you have to jump through to get the Cinderella breakfast just help you get more excited about your trip. And it is a nice little breakfast. Overpriced, but the sooner you get used to that, the better :p

Enjoy!

My suggestions are:
Epcot - Le Cellier in Canada!! (Cheese Soup, Filet)
Animal Kingdom Lodge - Boma!! (Soups, salads, meats and DESSERTS)
These are 2 places we can't miss on a trip, both have GREAT food and nice atmosphere!!

Have a great trip!!:wave:

:bounce: We just tried the Blue Zoo at the Dolphin. A great place! For couples a must!!!

July:Pinkbounc

Here's a few of my most memorable dining experiences:

* CA Grill during the fireworks at MK (it was a pure accident that we were there during that time!)
* Artist Point (love the food and the WL in general)
* Beaches & Cream (watched the look on a child's face when his parents ordered "the kitchen sink", and the burger was great)
* Akershus in Norway (we think this is one of the best deals ever for a buffet)
* San Angel Inn in Mexico (love the atmosphere)
* CRT in MK (it was just neat being INSIDE the castle!)
* Prime Time Cafe (I had to stand up and sing "I'm a Little Tea Pot"...long story....food was great!)
* Coral Reef in EPCOT (it was neat being under the sea)
* Bistro de Paris in France (great food, quaint atmosphere)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter