Must eat restaurants for 1st trip???

TamaraJean

Earning My Ears
We are going to be honeymooning Aug 30th-Sep 7th at the Poly.. neither of us have ever been to Disney & I'm starting to look into the different restaurants.. any opinions on restaurants that we should definately look into.. there are so many to pick from.. I get so confused..

Thanks for any & all comments!

Tamara

First, Congrads on your upcoming wedding. WDW will be such a fun honeymoon!

Yes, you are correct there are so many restaurants to chose from.

First, look at your budget. Food at WDW can be expensive.

Second, are you both into fast counter service food? Or do you enjoy a sit-down meal? What about buffets?

Third, any foods you both do not like? or allergic to?

There are so many ways people plan there dining at WDW. Here are some examples:

1. Eat a big breakfast at a buffet. Skip lunch. Have an afternoon snack or ice cream. Have a sit-down dinner.

2. Have a light breakfast. Eat a late big lunch at a sit-down restaurant. Visit a counter service/fast food at park for dinner.

3. Light breakfast, counter-service lunch and sit-down large dinner.

For a nice evening I would try Boma's at AKL. It's in my top 2 list. :)

It's also fun to check out the resort and view a few animals, too.

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!!!!!
You might want to look over the menus on allearsnet.com. It might make it somewhat easier to choose.
Have a wonderful time!

WDWGOOFEEE..

Thanks for the suggestion.. I didn't know that existed.. that will most definately be a help to me.. Thanks!

I'm new to this whole "Disney" experience.. can't ya tell!

Thanks Again!

My favorite place to eat is 'Ohana. The food is really good and the atmosphere great and it is fun. Check out the reviews on this board. For me 'Ohana is the ssence od WDW dining. :)

Congratulations!

What a great place for a honeymoon!

Here are my favorites so far:

Crystal Palace

Whisperin' Canyon Cafe

O'hana

After all the rave reviews I have read, next time I want to try Boma, as well as Teppanyaki and Kona Cafe.

Keep reading these boards, you will lots of great info!

I second Boma!! My DH loves the place. We always go with my family but we always like to do two dinners by ourselves. Some ones we like are Bistro de Paris, Coral Reef, and Flying Fish. Definitly check out the menus. They really help. Also nothing must do for us is Cinderella's Royal Table (CRT) at the castle. We love eating up there.

Congrats on your upcoming wedding. I got married last year so I know how exciting it can be leading up to the wedding and honeymoon.

If you want fun and comfort food than you have to try 50's Prime Time Cafe.
We also like the roast chicken at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe in the Magic Kingdom.
Also the Garden Grill in Epcot is a nice buffet for lunch and the have characters.

My suggestions!

For a lovely sit down, special dinner...Artist Point at the WL. Excellent food, service, atmosphere. Chef Selection menu is a great value IMHO!

For an unbeatable breakfast buffet (non-character)...Trails End Buffet at FW. The best value in Disney and great food. We love to go here in the a.m. before we go to the MK. We take the boat over from the MK.

Our favorite character meal is Chef Mickey's at CR. We do this for dinner on our first night. Gives us the Disney feel right away! We always ride the monorail loop afterwards! FUN!!

For fun and different food...I agree with the others on BOMA. It is on our "must do" list from now on! Food is very interesting and good!!

If you are looking to do a dinner show, you can't beat Hoop De Doo Revue...what a hoot!! That show is so much fun!!

Have a wonderful honeymoon! We honeymooned in Disney almost 11 years ago...I wish I had the Dis boards then! It was my first Disney trip too! Things have changed alot since then!:p

One of the best parts about DW is the various restaraunts. We definetly have several that we always have to go to during each trip. But the fun part in this is experiencing places and developing favorites on your own.

That said, some of our favorites you might try:

Nice Dinner - Yachtsman Steakhouse! @ the Yacht Club Resort

Fun Place to Eat - Sci-Fi Dine In Theater @ MGM Studios

Sample some places around the "world" in EPCOT! Norway, Germany, Japan, Mexico all of excellent sit down restaraunts!

Counter Service - Pinnochio's Village Haus; its always fun to wave at the people that are riding in the boats at "its a small world"

Good luck!

If DH and I ever have a romantic trip to WDW, here's where we'd eat:

Victoria & Albert's - D
California Grill - D
Artist Point - D
Jiko - D
Les Chefs de France - L or D
Restaurant Marrakesh - L or D
Hoop Dee Doo Revue (OK, not so romantic, we just don't go to WDW without it, and this would be our "just for fun" meal.)
'Ohana - D, mmmm, maybe not, don't want to get too full before bed...
Kona Cafe - L or D

...and I'd throw in Citricos if I had the time.

Breakfasts...why of course "room service" ;) at the Poly!!!

Have a magnificent, marvelous and magical honeymoon...it's all downhill from there...nah, I'm sooo just kidding!:sunny:

Edited to add: Oh, Tamara, maybe we'll catch you at the Poly...we arrive August 26! We'll be the old married couple still smootchin' after all these years (14 years and 2 kids later - DD10, DS(almost)8)...and you won't find us in many of the above-named restaurants!

You might want to try one of the places on the Boardwalk. Spoodle's is our favorite. Flying Fish is very good also. The beer brewed at the Big River Grill is cool and tasty on a warm night.

The Boardwalk is a nice place to stoll and people watch. There are also surrey bikes you can rent to peddle around the lake.

The Boardwalk Bakery has wonderful treats to take back to your room for a midnight snack.

Have a great time!:wave:

Congrats!

Kona-B
Ohana-D
Sci Fi-L
CRT-B
WCC-D
Boma-D
LTT-D
Donalds-B

Hope this helps!

Best Wishes!!!

My vote is for Ohana...just made a first visit there in May will definatly go again and again....

I don't believe anyone has mentioned it yet but when you make your PS (priority seatings) be sure and tell them its your honeymoon. Disney sometimes does some nice little extras for special occassions. Don't be shy. Also mention it at your resort when you make your ressies. Lots of brides & Grooms wear the special Mickey Bride & Groom ears . They are very cute and lots of people like to wish you a Happy Marriage. Enjoy the best is yet to come.

I would recommend the California Grill, Ohanas -- and for something very memorable eat in the castle at CRT for dinner and make sure someone takes your picture there. 10 years from now that will be something to treasure.

And congratulations! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter