Must Do's @ Aulani!!

kritter

<font color=deeppink>I need a Disney FIX!!<br><fon
My Family is headed to Aulani in June/July and we are starting to plan out what we want to do while we are there. We are staying there 10 nights. We have a friend who works at Aulani, so I know she will be very helpful. But wanted to see what others have done as well.. :) :)

:goodvibes:goodvibesTIA!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

My Family is headed to Aulani in June/July and we are starting to plan out what we want to do while we are there. We are staying there 10 nights. We have a friend who works at Aulani, so I know she will be very helpful. But wanted to see what others have done as well.. :) :)

:goodvibes:goodvibesTIA!!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Anyone??

Have you checked out any of the trip reports? Some good recommendations there.

The fire fighter surfing was a highlight! The kids and adults all loved the menhune trail and the story teller at night around the campfire. The kids club was always booked up when we tried to go, so plan that ahead. Rent a car to take in all the great things to do on Oahu. The Fia Fia down the beach at the Marriott is also another great thing to take in! Best luau we have been to and the food was good. There is so much to do and see, you won't be bored and won't want to leave the resort! Have a fantastic time!

The fire fighter surfing was a highlight! The kids and adults all loved the menhune trail and the story teller at night around the campfire. The kids club was always booked up when we tried to go, so plan that ahead.

Really? We never had an issue in 10 days. DS was in there every day sometimes twice.

Highlights for our family were
~Turtle Bay on the north shore
~Menehune Trail
~Starlit Hui
~Beach party with the characters
~DS loved boogey boarding even though the waves were kid sized
~Rainbow Reef (wish we had got length of stay pass)
~Storyteller by the fire pit

Definitely go on a tour of Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona memorial! You can arrange a tour package with transportation through Aulani, or just go on your own.

Really? We never had an issue in 10 days. DS was in there every day sometimes twice.

Yeah, it was pretty busy at the resort (end of August). We tried several times, along with my brother in law. Unless you were putting them in early and leaving them there it was was a no go. Of course the activities my kids wanted to do were in the afternoon and they were filled with the kids that had been there all day. I wasn't going to leave them there all day:confused3

I think Aunties Beach House (ages three through 12 and must be potty trained) gets booked up but the community hall is easy to get into.

Interested in Rainbow Reef, but we are brining our own snorkeling equipment (prescriptions masks, etc.). do they still charge the same if you have your own equipment?

Yeah, it was pretty busy at the resort (end of August). We tried several times, along with my brother in law. Unless you were putting them in early and leaving them there it was was a no go. Of course the activities my kids wanted to do were in the afternoon and they were filled with the kids that had been there all day. I wasn't going to leave them there all day:confused3

Wow we were there in June and never had an issue any time of day (2pm, 7pm etc) the activities like Volcano and Space Goo were full but we still got in even 10-15min beforehand. That's too bad as my DS loved it in there.

We're leaving for Aulani in a week. :banana: Here are our plans so far: http://kidoctr.blogspot.com/

Most of what we've planned are based on what I've been reading about on the Disboards for the past few months. I'm hoping to update my blog during/after our trip with feedback on what we did.

We just got back and here are our highlights:

-Hawaiian Fire Surf Lessons: fun for the entire family, lots of paddling-you will be sore after!
-Rainbow Reef: Be there at feeding time, they let us feed the fish. You get to swim across the lagoon with a head of lettuce or seaweed tied to a weight and place it on the viewing window shelf. So many fish swarming around you, it was really cool.
-Ohana massage at the Laniwai Spa: A Disney exclusive, you get your own private suite where your family gets their massages. Includes time relaxing in your own private garden with snacks.
-North Shore Turtle Beach: Sea turtles come onto shore to take naps in the sun.

There is so much to do, have fun!!!

Kidoctr said:
We're leaving for Aulani in a week. :banana: Here are our plans so far: http://kidoctr.blogspot.com/

Most of what we've planned are based on what I've been reading about on the Disboards for the past few months. I'm hoping to update my blog during/after our trip with feedback on what we did.

Your friends must love you! Since your going to Halekaleni (sorry for spelling) I hear House without a Key is a very nice setting for drinks and they have entertainment. I didn't have a chance to go on my last trip, but planning on it for this yr.

We just got back and here are our highlights:

-Rainbow Reef: Be there at feeding time, they let us feed the fish. You get to swim across the lagoon with a head of lettuce or seaweed tied to a weight and place it on the viewing window shelf. So many fish swarming around you, it was really cool.

There is so much to do, have fun!!!

My DS would have loved this!

Thanks, these are all great!!

I can not wait!!

Definitely go on a tour of Pearl Harbor and the USS Arizona memorial! You can arrange a tour package with transportation through Aulani, or just go on your own.

Or...Book it online NOW and get an early in the day tour time so you will spend less time waiting in line. Pearl Harbor/Arizona lines can be daunting even when you have a reserved time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter