Must Do Restuarants for 9 year old girl.

Abbeysmom

Mouseketeer
Hey everyone...we have been to Disney twice before, but the last time was in 2009. It seems like a lot has changed with the restaurants since that time with the Princess meals and so forth. . we have a 9 year old daughter and are planning on making a quick trip this April...spending about 3 days in the park:cool1::cool1:. We will park hop and plan on going to all but Animal Kingdom while we are there. What are the must dos for a 9 year old girl? Any suggestions?

Depends on what your daughter likes- if you're looking for princesses, you definitely came to the right place :woohoo:

Cinderella's Royal Table (MK): B, L, D in Cinderella Castle with the princesses.
Hard to get reservations- good alternatives are 1900 Park Fare (GF) and Akershus (Epcot). 1900 Park Fare has Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh and friends for breakfast and Cinderella and friends for dinner. Akershus serves American breakfast and Norwegian specialties for the rest of the day. They also have a rotating schedule of princesses. Be Our Guest (MK- counter service lunch, table service dinner) is beautiful for fans of Beauty and the Beast, and features The Beast greeting guests at dinner. Very hard to get reservations for, but you can wait in line for CS lunch. Hope you and your fam get the royal treatment! pixiedust:

Hi! When I went on my first trip at 9, I remember loving the Crystal Palace for lunch (I was a picky eater, so I was more than happy with their kid food,) Akershsus for lunch (For the princesses! I remember getting a simple hot dog for lunch haha,) and 50's Prime Time Cafe! :)

My 9 year old boy has requested Crystal Palace. Again. He just loves seeing Tigger.

We enjoyed Akershus too - esp. getting a picture w/ Belle.
1900 PF is great too - good character interaction.

My kids (I also have a 6 year old girl) really liked SciFi as well.

My DD9's favorite is the Hibachi tables in Japan (Tepan Edo?) We went for her bday and had a great time!

Took my 10 yr old DD in October and she did not want to do CRT again, but wanted to try BOG, because it is new & Belle is her fave. I looked every day and couldn't get dinner reservations, so we went during lunch and she was thrilled. The food wasn't great, but she was excited about all the "pretty desserts" and just getting to be there was a great.

We also went to Chefs de France bc she is currently fascinated with Paris, and that was really fun for her.

We have visited Crystal Palace every trip and there was nothing new, but she still got excited to take pics with the characters: the only characters she posed with the whole trip.

Nine can be a transition year between Princesses and tween-dom, so if you gauge where your daughter is, you can plan appropriately.

Also, DD loved the Pick a Pearl in Japan, and wears it to school all the time. A fun souvenir!
Enjoy your trip!

We (husband, myself, & DD 9) ate for 8 days CS & TS meals at WDW this week in all 4 parks. Don't know if you're looking for one type of meal vs the other but our 9-yr-old reports her must do's:
BOG, 50's Prime Time, Les Chefs de France, & Coral Reef

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter