• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must do Must see question

jkbuf

Earning My Ears
First Timer,
Okay the last at MK was when they where building AK
So now we are going for are 30 anniversary July 9 for 5 days
We are staying at the poly and have reservations for the Aloha show for our anniversary.
So my question to the group is what is the Must see and Must do while at the resort/parks.

That is kind of a difficult and very general question to ask, since you haven't provided any information about yourself your your group which we could use to help you. How old are you? Are other members of your family going as well? Is there a particular group of characters or a particular activity that you are interested in??

Have you checked out the information available on the official WDW site? They have descriptions of every attraction at every park, as well as every resort and restaurant.

If you look at the top of this page you will find tabs for Theme Parks, Resorts and Dining which should provide you with a lot of information.

I would also recommend, since this is a first time visit (for all intents and purposes) that you get a really good guide book. One that I always recommend for WDW newbies is the Unofficial Guide to WDW.

We are 50 and going for our 30th wedding anniversary, our daughter and boyfriend are going in there 20's.
Staying at the Polynesian.
only thing set in stone is the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show.
We are looking at try to hit all the Parks and was just looking for suggestions on things to see or must do while we are there.

That is kind of a difficult and very general question to ask, since you haven't provided any information about yourself your your group which we could use to help you. How old are you? Are other members of your family going as well? Is there a particular group of characters or a particular activity that you are interested in??

Have you checked out the information available on the official WDW site? They have descriptions of every attraction at every park, as well as every resort and restaurant.

If you look at the top of this page you will find tabs for Theme Parks, Resorts and Dining which should provide you with a lot of information.

I would also recommend, since this is a first time visit (for all intents and purposes) that you get a really good guide book. One that I always recommend for WDW newbies is the Unofficial Guide to WDW.

This is a link to a blog that has a pretty good general list, some of which may interest you some others may not, but it should at least get you started:

http://alphamom.com/family-fun/activities/65-things-you-must-do-see-at-disney-world/

Everyone here has different things that are a must-do, you could get literally a thousand different answers. The best thing to do is keep an open mind, look around, and experience what is there and create your own must-do. The most simple for me would be to go to Rose and Crown Pub(EPCOT) late in the afternoon and have Carl pour me a pint and enjoy the antics of Pam Brody at the piano.

We just returned from our first trip and really enjoyed Fantasmic. I'd say it's a must-see.

I would say a romantic evening right on the beach at poly to wach the fireworks, worth the trip right there! Recommend soaring at Epcot and, if young at heart, Expedition everest at animal kingdom.

CAROUSEL OF PROGRESS!!!
Haunted Mansion
It's a Small World
Mickey's Philharmagic
People Mover

Spaceship Earth
Soarin
Maelstrom

FESTIVAL OF THE LION KING!!!!!!!!!!!!
It's Tough To Be a Bug
Kilimanjaro Safaris
And...the bird show...I love it, everyone I know thinks it is boring...I have to Represent

The Great Movie Ride
The Muppets
One Man's Dream

Thanks that is what I am looking for
Those are some great links and info.
I am also looking at ordering a anniversary cake.
also looking for wedding ears/top hat to wear around the park the day or our anniversary.
All great ideas it is going to be a great time.

Check out allearsnet.com

I also LOVE the Unofficial Guide to WDW. It has a comprehensive review of each attraction in each park, including what age groups tend to like it, if it will make you motion sick, how popular it is, etc... In addition, there are reviews of every counter service and sit down restaurant, and well as suggestions for romantic dinners. They even have a suggested website portion in the front, so you can check out other sources as well.

As for the highlights, it really depends on what type of person you are. Do you hate fast rides? Are you bored by shows? Do you want to meet and greet characters, or do you find characters a bit schmaltzy?

That's the great thing about Disney - there is something for everyone - but it also makes it harder to give general advice!

Be sure to put that you're celebrating your anniversary on all your reservations-- hotel & any restaurants you make reservations at. And ask for anniversary celebration buttons when you check in. Wear them the whole trip!

There is nothing like that little bit of extra magic when everyone you pass wishes you a happy anniversary. :lovestruc

Some waiters may sing to you, and some may bring you a small free dessert, too!

Since you're staying at Poly, I recommend eating at 'Ohana -- a favorite restaurant with lots of Disers. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter