Lobster nachos @ cove bar in DCA
Cinnamon/sugar chips from Rancho zocalo
beignets

I heard the best beignets are in dtd. Ralph Brennan's

I'm picky. My faves are skewers from Bengal BBQ
Pasta from Boardwalk pizza& pasta.
Tomato soup from jolly holiday
Veggie sub from award wieners.
Salad from French market with corn bread.

Carnation Cafe: fried pickles, their seasoned french fries, and the loaded baked potato soup. Everything here is really good. You can't go wrong. If the weather is nice, ask to be seated outside.

Cozy Cones: dill pickle popcorn and a Pear-o-dice drink to watch the lights turn on.

Whitewater Snacks (inside the GCH-entrance to hotel across from Grizzly Rapids exit) Nachos. The nachos are good, doesn't matter what kind, steak, chicken, etc, they are all good. Individual pepperoni pizza comes with a salad which is a good salad. This is a really good place to sit and regroup. There is a decent menu that everyone should find something to eat. Plus, there are ready to go items too. Can't beat this place.

Clarabelle's on Buena Vista St in DCA- The Mickey's Kitchen Sink. I am partial to the Mocha Almond Fudge Ice Cream. Cute souvenir too.

Dole Whips are located next to the Tiki Room. Often you will see a long line outside snaking around towards the middle of Adventureland. Don't get in it. Go inside the Tiki Room courtyard and order from that side.

And yes, they do currently have Tajin available! They keep it kinda behind the bar where it's not really in plain sight, but you can ask for it.

Thank you

The bacon mac & cheese cone at Cozy Cones might also work for a picky eater. The bacon is sprinkled on top so that could be left off in case they just wanted the mac & cheese in the bread cone.

This thread is making me drool.

I think you can ask for Tajin with Dole Whips too!

Disney's English Toffee is the best I've ever had.
Oh my gosh!!! I forgot about the English Toffee!! We got some just before we left and packed it up to bring home with us. It was soooo good!!!

We also liked the churros. And we usually aren't big "deep fried pastry" people.

Mickey bar. Ice cream cone.

For those mentioning cove bar, is there ever a good time to go? I have heard of hour long weights to get the lobster nachos. But that is just too much for us. We are hoping to do less than 15 min. wait. What times have you found to be the best?

The best time to go to the Cove Bar is when they open. Get in line a few minutes before they open for the day. We only had to wait in line about 10 minutes before they opened.

our favorites:
1. dole whip (tiki room)
2. english toffee
3. handmade candy cane - not sure when you are going in Nov but if the candy shop on Main Street starts making the canes, get in line as soon as you get through the gates so you can get a ticket to come back and buy a cane when your batch is ready. We went in 2015 and it was $14 per cane but it was so yummy! I could definitely taste the freshness of the peppermint and the crunch of the cane.
4. mickey ice cream bar
5. ghirardelli ice cream sundae (DCA)

I forgot to mention we will be meeting up with my sibling who is a notorious picky eater and we don't have much experience at DLR in that are. For families with picky plain eaters what foods did you find them enjoying
I like plain foods. For snacks I can't go to Disneyland without getting just the plain Mickey salted pretzel, the dole whips and the popcorn. I've had the skewers at Bengal BBQ and they aren't spicy. It's also for the wait for the corndogs at the red wagon - soooo good!
I also liked the clam chowder in DCA.

Whitewater Snacks (inside the GCH-entrance to hotel across from Grizzly Rapids exit) Nachos. The nachos are good, doesn't matter what kind, steak, chicken, etc, they are all good. Individual pepperoni pizza comes with a salad which is a good salad. This is a really good place to sit and regroup. There is a decent menu that everyone should find something to eat. Plus, there are ready to go items too. Can't beat this place.

They no longer have individual sized pizza and salad meal at WWS. :( They only have huge pizzas that are $24 each. Don't come with salad anymore. My son and I tried the pepperoni pizza and it wasn't good.

Some of my family's favorites:
  • Raspberry Mickey Macaron and Tomato Basil Soup from Jolly Holiday (DL, CS)
  • Dole Whip Float from Tiki Bar (DL, Snack)
  • Mickey Beignets from Mint Julep Bar (DL, Snack)
  • Popcorn (Snack)
  • Pomme Frites & Gumbo at Cafe Orleans (DL, TS)
  • Fried Pickles at Carnation Cafe (DL, TS)
  • Lobster Nachos at Cove Bar (DCA, TS)
  • Oswald Sundae at Clarabelle's (DCA, CS)

Go to the gift shop in the back of Critter Country. Go to the very back of the gift shop to the candy shop. They make their own FUDGE and other things. I prefer the Maple Fudge, youngest son like the Vanilla Fudge. Make sure you get the stuff they make there. A couple times each trip I find myself in the back of Critter Country for some reason:rolleyes1

They also sell the fudge in the Candy Palace on Main Street. We tried the Peanut Butter and Chocolate fudge for the first time last trip and it was really rich, but really good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter