• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Must do Disneyland Snacks?

bethwc101

DIS Veteran
DH and I are doing a trip to Disneyland for Dapper Day in Nov. We have APs and visit a lot, but this time we are able to meet up with my dad and siblings. They have been once maybe twice. I am trying to come up with a list of must try snacks for us to share with them. Or even a meal if there is something they absolutely cannot miss at a sit down restaurant.
So far I came up with:
Corn dog, lobster nachos (as long as the line isn't ridiculous), turkey leg, fried pickles, cream cheese pretzel, and tigger tail.
What else should I add to the list. Don't be afraid to make the list long. They/we are big eaters.

How can you miss CHURRO? Also, the lobster bisque bowl, the clam chowder bowl, beignets, cozy cone treats, etc..

How can you miss CHURRO? Also, the lobster bisque bowl, the clam chowder bowl, beignets, cozy cone treats, etc..

I know about most of these yummy foods, but where can I find the Lobster Bisque--sounds delicious!!

Are you going to DCA as well? I loved the Chicken Verde cone from the Cozy Cones last time I was there!

If not, the items in DLR I would add to my list would be a Mickey rice crispy treat, and snacks from Bengal BBQ. And of course, Dole Whip!

My favorite snacks are popcorn (especially the fresh caramel corn in DCA) and dole whips. Last December we had a Piranha Punch at Bengal BBQ and it was amazing. It was a frozen lemonade with popping pomegranate pearls. And my husband still talks about the Honey Lemonade and Churro Funnelcake from Hungry Bear. I have a feeling these last ones were seasonal, but they were just so good.

I forgot to mention we will be meeting up with my sibling who is a notorious picky eater and we don't have much experience at DLR in that are. For families with picky plain eaters what foods did you find them enjoying

On my trip a few weeks ago I had a Red's Apple Freeze for the first time at the Cozy Cones in DCA. It's a delicious apple slushy drink. Now it's a must do for me!

Festival of Holidays may be running during your visit. Keep an eye out for more food items.

I love the grilled cheese and tomato bisque combo from Jolly Holiday but that's not really a snack. If it's still around in November, I recommend the poutine flat bread from Red Rose Tavern

Dole Whip
Bacon Asparagus Skewers at Bengal BBQ
Just had the pork belly skewers at Bengal a couple weeks ago -- I think they may be seasonal but it was really good
Churros
Love the Red's Apple Freeze, Chili con Queso, and Chile Verde at Cozy Cone in DCA
Weird popcorn of the moment at Cozy Cone -- we like the pizza and the dill pickle
LOVE the raspberry sorbet dark chocolate fudge sundae at Ghiradelli's, I think this is my new favorite
We also love fruit from the fruit carts/stands when it's hot -- pineapple or mango
Banana fritters in New Orleans Square
Hand-dipped ice cream bars near the entrance to DCA -- Don't recall the name of the place, maybe Clarabelle's?

Garlic cheese bagel twist from Maurice's cart at the princess theater...or the sweet version, the strawberry twist!

On my last trip, I was surprised by how good the popcorn was. I swear they Disneyfied it somehow to make it superior to the average popcorn. Turkey legs are awesome, and shareable. The skewers are really good. DL also introduced me to Tajin, so I hope that's still there when I visit the fruit carts.

My family's must dos include:
- churros from any cart
- dole whip float
- Red Apple Freeze from Cozy Cone
- cotton candy
- swirl ice cream cone from the pier at DCA
- Matterhorn Macaroon, tigger tail
- corn dogs from either the Corn Dog Palace or the Little Red Wagon
- Mickey beignets
- Mint Julep

Some of my favorites :

Disneyland
Beignets at Mint Julep Bar ( I especially love going early around 11am or after Fantasmic)- The Blackberry ones for Fantasmic are AMAZING !! Fingers crossed they bring back the butterscotch powdered ones for Halloween season too!
Raspberry Mickey Macaroon at Jolly Holiday - HUGE and sweet but yummy
Corn dog at The Little Red Wagon
Cheddar Garlic Twist at Maurice's Treats - I recommend going early at 11/130am for freshest ones!
Skewers at Bengal Barbeque
Funnel Cake from Stage Door Cafe

DCA
Red's Apple Freeze at Cozy Cone
Soft serve ice cream cone at Paradise Pier ( MUCH faster line than at Cozy Cone)

Churros, Monte Cristo sandwich and Mickey beignets from Cafe Orleans, Mickey bar, caramel apple

Yes to the turkey leg, corn dog, skewers from Bengal BBQ, pretzels of any kind. I would skip the lobster roll. If you've ever had an authentic one, you'll be very disappointed. The first two lobster rolls (Nirvana!) I ever had were from well-researched places in Boston. The third one was from Disneyland. It wasn't even from the same food group.

Personally, I prefer the Boysen apple freeze at Maurice's cart over the Red's apple freeze at DCA. (And the name is so much cooler!) I'm not a huge sweet drink person, but we have split a Boysen apple freeze and a twist (just get whichever one sounds good to you) before a show at the Royal Theatre a couple of times. It's becoming a tradition for us. Right now, you can get a cup of the grey stuff to go with a sweet twist. We're going to be all over that in about five weeks. :)

The Mickey Beignets from Cafe Orleans are way better than the ones from the mint Julep Bar. The beignets from the bar have a lot more powdered sugar, but they don't have the dipping sauces, which is what makes them so amazing. It's worth it to get a reservation at Cafe Orleans. We split the pomme frites, we each get a bowl of gumbo, and we split the beignets. It's a very greasy lunch, and we're both usually a bit uncomfortable afterwards. I would love to split a Monte Cristo and the beignets, but I know I would get sick, so I've never done it. :) I used to be able to handle the Monte Cristo in my twenties, but my body just can't do it now. If you're used to fried foods, you would probably love it. If I was with three other people, I'd probably cut one into fours just for the experience.

Where do you find dole whips? Definitely want to try one.

Dole Whips are located next to the Tiki Room. Often you will see a long line outside snaking around towards the middle of Adventureland. Don't get in it. Go inside the Tiki Room courtyard and order from that side.

And yes, they do currently have Tajin available! They keep it kinda behind the bar where it's not really in plain sight, but you can ask for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter