• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Multiple parties on Skyliner

Personally, I hate this. I have traveled alone as a female and been boarded with 4 loud, rowdy men. I just kept quiet and played on my phone. Some people have some traumatic histories and would not have been able to tolerate that situation, the resorts no longer offer busses to Epcot and HS so its the only Disney transportation option. Pre-covd I heard them tell people "you would be boarded with others" and could not ask to ride alone. I feel like if Disney can't ask your reason for needing a disability pass in the parks then they should not be able to deny someone who is asking to ride alone in a closed space with no accessible help.

I know your post was just about the skyliner becoming more open but I just feel like that issue is going to come to light again with opening them up fully.

We will be requesting our on gondola for sure. If you're the person in line behind us who takes offense to this, apologies in advance but I don't trust roughly 50% of our population to do the right thing.

you don’t trust 50 percent of the population at wdw? I could see someone saying I don’t trust 1 percent or 2 percent or even 5 percent but 50?

Disney does not have to honor requests for your own gondola. Can't hurt to ask, but if denied it will be within their policy.
It may be within their policy. Or perhaps their policy does allow for it. I just don't know. But I'd be really, really surprised if the CM loading the cards did not honor such a request.

Are masks required on the gondolas?
Yes. My observation from peering into oncoming gondolas on my last trip (before they eased the mask rules) is that literally every single person ignores this, But since you were only with your own family, I didn’t think it was a big deal
The gondolas are open air. It never made sense to have them one party per vehicle anyway. There is enough circulation to make the risk statistically zero.
There’s only circulation when you’re moving fast. They stop pretty regularly and then you’re just in a small box with some other people.

Yes. My observation from peering into oncoming gondolas on my last trip (before they eased the mask rules) is that literally every single person ignores this, But since you were only with your own family, I didn’t think it was a big deal

I always kept mine on, though I was tempted to take it off.

There’s only circulation when you’re moving fast. They stop pretty regularly and then you’re just in a small box with some other people.

I'm generally a rule stickler, but even I would cheat and take mine off on the skyliner. It was just us, far away from others, in the air with a breeze. With another party tho, as I believe the requirement is to have your mask on because it is an attraction, my mask will be on.

We will be requesting our on gondola for sure. If you're the person in line behind us who takes offense to this, apologies in advance but I don't trust roughly 50% of our population to do the right thing.
We are arriving this weekend and my husband says he will be requesting to ride alone every time. We're staying at Riviera, and with our dates there is nowhere to move to with the space we need. With our 10 year olds health issues, and the fact she can't get a vaccine yet, we aren't ready to ride with others. We feel comfortable alone, and elsewhere on property, but this just doesn't feel right especially if they put us in with a family who is just rude and refuses to take proper safety measures. We're vaccinated, but I'm still going to wear a mask on transportation as we're supposed to do, but I don't trust others to. I've already sent a bit of a heated email, I'm really not happy about this.

The gondolas are open air. It never made sense to have them one party per vehicle anyway. There is enough circulation to make the risk statistically zero.
They aren't open air, they have little vent windows that allow air flow when they are moving, have you ever been on them for a long time when they've been stopped? In March my oldest daughter and I were up there for a very long time while there was a medical emergency at a station, in the dark, and it was stuffy to say the least. No air flow at all. Zero. None. Just swaying up there in the dark.

They aren't open are, they have little vent windows that allow air flow when they are moving, have you ever been on them for a long time when they've been stopped? In March my oldest daughter and I were up there for a very long time while there was a medical emergency at a station, in the dark, and it was stuffy to say the least. No air flow at all. Zero. None. Just swaying up there in the dark.

There is air flow whether you feel it or not. The air can get out, right? It's not a sealed box.

Masks are required on The Gondola's, it's transportation.
I will miss riding just the two of us.
Thankfully our next visit will be 8 of us, we will get our own.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter