Multiple Entrees at CRT, Storybook Dining and Breakfast at Topolino's?

nolatravelgirl

Mouseketeer
There has been controversy in a Facebook group that I follow. I had frequently heard that at Topolino's that each person could order one entrée and a half portion of another breakfast dish. According to this poster they said that after Feb 15th that the extra half portion was going to go away and people were up in arms. It then brought up that folks were saying that Storybook Dining and CRT are AYCE and that they were able to order multiple entrees. Has this been something others have experienced?

I just saw that Kenny the Pirate reported on this but haven’t seen it posted by more credible people.

In November we did Topolino’s and we received a half portion of our second entree. I did steak and the bread pudding. It all came out on one plate so it surely wasn’t a full portion. DD did waffles and fruit plate. Her fruit came out in a small bowl.

I hope they don’t change this.

I just saw that Kenny the Pirate reported on this but haven’t seen it posted by more credible people.

In November we did Topolino’s and we received a half portion of our second entree. I did steak and the bread pudding. It all came out on one plate so it surely wasn’t a full portion. DD did waffles and fruit plate. Her fruit came out in a small bowl.

I hope they don’t change this.
I had heard about the Topolino's half portion but others were reporting that Storybook dining and CRT folks were always able to order multiple entrees as well.

I did the chat online on the Disney site yesterday and they were very strict about no sides other than what the menu said were sides. But they even told me there were no pastries included, which all the internet reviews mention pastries at Toppolinos.

I did the chat online on the Disney site yesterday and they were very strict about no sides other than what the menu said were sides. But they even told me there were no pastries included, which all the internet reviews mention pastries at Toppolinos.
When I did breakfast at Topolino's last June they put a big thing of pastries in the middle of the table.

I don't know if that's changed!

Storybook gives you all the appetizers and all of the desserts. It's a ton of food. I couldn't eat one entree.

They swapped some stuff out for someone with an allergy at our table, and we had some extra from where there were appetizers they couldn't eat. So I would imagine if you really wanted to get crazy they would bring you more.

I'm seeing reporting that Disney is cracking down on guests who ask for what they consider multiple entrees starting with Topolinos where many have been asking for an extra entree. Makes sense but guess we’ll see.

There has been controversy in a Facebook group that I follow. I had frequently heard that at Topolino's that each person could order one entrée and a half portion of another breakfast dish. According to this poster they said that after Feb 15th that the extra half portion was going to go away and people were up in arms. It then brought up that folks were saying that Storybook Dining and CRT are AYCE and that they were able to order multiple entrees. Has this been something others have experienced?

I ate at both CRT and Topolino's in mid-January 2023. At CRT, we were not offered a second or half-entree. In fact I ordered my eggs (do not order the eggs!) without bacon or sausage and wasn't offered anything else. When my friend's meal arrived (she is gluten-free), I noticed they brought her a side of fruit, so I asked for one, too. The server obliged, but she seemed a little annoyed by my request (though, I must say, other than that, she was an excellent server). I would not expect anything more than a pastry basket, one entree and non-alcoholic beverage at CRT. And don't order the eggs, yuck, LOL!!

At Topolino's we were told, very specifically, when ordering, that we could order a main entree and a second entree as a side. I ordered the avocado toast (very good!) and the fruit (thinking they were going to give me a half-size of the fruit/yogurt/granola - but they just gave me a side of fruit). The portions were quite large at Topolino's and the pastry basket was SO SO good! It was one of the best meals of our trip.

So do people think they are entitled to 1.5 meals? If it's an AYCTE I understand. I also understand the previous posts expecting a fruit cup or something like that. But expecting to order a full entree....then wanting a second....even if a half portion....seems nut. But then again ..that type of hack the blogs love to post for the people who can't actually afford a Disney trip doesn't surprise me

So do people think they are entitled to 1.5 meals? If it's an AYCTE I understand. I also understand the previous posts expecting a fruit cup or something like that. But expecting to order a full entree....then wanting a second....even if a half portion....seems nut. But then again ..that type of hack the blogs love to post for the people who can't actually afford a Disney trip doesn't surprise me
I’ll give my take on this, it’s not always clear to me in dining at Disney when something is family style ayce vs prix fixe menu. To me getting multiple entrees at topolinos breakfast wasn’t “a hack for people who can’t afford Disney” but it was part of the experience of the meal built into the price. While it’s not explained as ayce on menu my expectation from this was set by looking at reviews ahead of time and when I went it was directly explained and we were encouraged to get more by waiter we had both times we went 2 years apart.

I guess I’m not sure why anyone would view enjoying the meal in the way the waiters encourage and is clearly shown in reviews is a bad thing.

It wasn’t a hack. When we were seated our waiter told us to order two entrees. He said the main one would be full size and the second would be a smaller portion. He actually encouraged it. I actually think our main entrees weren’t full sized either compared to previous pictures I saw but it was a good amount of food and no complaints. I personally like trying new and different foods so I enjoy it. If it stops I won’t be upset but I do hope they keep it. I don’t know if we will ever go back anyway since we don’t go often (every 2-3 years) and like trying different places but it’s a nice option to have.

I got the steak and bread pudding and DD got the waffles and fruit. (Posted the pics because I don’t think the main entree was full size compared to previous pictures I remember seeing)

Attachments

• 4F7EE7B1-7EB8-4242-B258-7DD0016C5D54.jpeg
    4F7EE7B1-7EB8-4242-B258-7DD0016C5D54.jpeg
    66.6 KB · Views: 33
  • 1632122E-B427-442B-87CB-90D4A8E597AE.jpeg
    1632122E-B427-442B-87CB-90D4A8E597AE.jpeg
    51.9 KB · Views: 32
  • EC2296A0-2976-49F4-91A0-0B55A131E82D.jpeg
    EC2296A0-2976-49F4-91A0-0B55A131E82D.jpeg
    57.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Disney has a history of declaring a restaurant a certain style, then not enforcing it. The Be Our Guest breakfast was the beginning of the end of clarity and in the end Disney likely lost tons of money. It is not surprising me, as all dining options are returning, that Disney might start cracking down on some of the loose standards at some restaurants.

Buffet - meals consisting of dishes on a buffet where guests serve themselves and are able to eat all they want.

Family Style - Food served at the table on large platters to share and guests help themselves.

Prix Fixe - For one price guests get a set number courses, usually three, where they can pick one from each on a menu or as in Story Book you get samplings at Appetizer and Dessert course.

TOPOLINOS is stated as Prix Fixe and "Choice of Entree", not EntreeS.
STORY BOOK clearly states "Prix Fixe" "Choose ONE".
CRT clearly states 'Prix Fixe" "Choose ONE".
LTT states "All you care to enjoy" "Family Style".
Ohana is a called "Buffet Family Style"
BOG is called "Prix Fixe" "Choose One"

I never go in to a meal where it says PICK ONE or Choice of Entree and expect to get anything more than that. I do appreciate if at the moment the server tells you that you can pick more than one. But if the rumors are true and they crack down on getting more than is offered on the menu, no one should be upset. When we book it is pretty clear what we get for our money. If it's not enough food then shift to a buffet or AYCTE meal.

PS I've noticed a couple cruise lines are now limiting menus in MDR and charging extra for additional plates of some foods. It will be interesting to watch the tourism/all inclusive industry in respect to food.

I have a hunch this is one of those things that started off as an informal policy, but got out of hand. We have eaten there 3 times and never been offered a second entree by our server. This past trip, I ordered a waffle on the side after hearing people were getting second entrees. It was a nice addition to my $45 bacon and eggs ;).

I will say that those chocolate chip muffins are to die for and we have never had an issue getting a couple extras.

As with everything else in life, I take it as you win some, you lose some. There have been times where I’ve looked at menus and we don’t get that kids dessert advertised. I’m sure they have figured out that it’s costing them too much money to give to everyone. We have asked for bacon at Ohana so you might want to ask or it’s not going to be offered to you.

I wasn't expecting anything other than what was stated on the menu. At Topolino's the server explicitly explained to us, while we were looking at the menu, that we could pick a main course and a second course as a half-sized portion (if she had not explained this, we would not have ordered a second, small dish). That is not stated on the menu or published anywhere, so I think guests should not expect it - it could definitely go away at any time. At CRT, I had ordered the eggs without any meat (which was supposed to go with my entree). When I saw a fruit cup was available, I asked if I could have one (in lieu of the meat). My friends asked for a few adjustments to their dishes as well (I think one didn't want potatoes). Again, we weren't expecting anything and our server could have said no to any of our requests (we understand, it's a prix-fixe and there may not be a lot of flexibility in substitutions due to kitchen inventory) My two cents - no one should expect anything other than what is on the menu or what is published by official Disney sources. I do understand, however, how expectations can be set when guest go in, have a variety of experiences, and then post on social media. I could write a whole other thread on the catch-22 of Disney relying so much on bloggers and "influencers" to market their products and experiences, but, I digress . . .

Our server at Topolinos(breakfast) in August specifically said order whatever you want including multiple "entree" items. I didnt need a whole second entree but ordered the steak and asked for a waffle on the side.

I have a hunch this is one of those things that started off as an informal policy, but got out of hand. We have eaten there 3 times and never been offered a second entree by our server. This past trip, I ordered a waffle on the side after hearing people were getting second entrees. It was a nice addition to my $45 bacon and eggs ;).

I will say that those chocolate chip muffins are to die for and we have never had an issue getting a couple extras.
The pastry refills are definitely encouraged and if that goes away I'd be so sad! I did breakfast last year and this year and both times my server asked if we wanted a refill. The first time I went she specifically asked if she could package some up to go for us. Thinking about the new apple crumb muffin...so good...

The pastry refills are definitely encouraged and if that goes away I'd be so sad! I did breakfast last year and this year and both times my server asked if we wanted a refill. The first time I went she specifically asked if she could package some up to go for us. Thinking about the new apple crumb muffin...so good...
A poster in a different group I’m in asked if it was normal to only get one serving of pastries. She said during a recent visit, her group of six asked if they could get another basket and were told it’s one per table. That could have been a one-off or maybe it’s part of this new change. They were allowed to order the extra entrees and sides, though.

A poster in a different group I’m in asked if it was normal to only get one serving of pastries. She said during a recent visit, her group of six asked if they could get another basket and were told it’s one per table. That could have been a one-off or maybe it’s part of this new change. They were allowed to order the extra entrees and sides, though.
I remember seeing a post like that…their server told them it was a shortage of buckets or something? We were a group of 5 and got two buckets!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter