Multiple DAS’s ??

ACJT

DIS Veteran
We will be traveling to Disney this spring with two individuals in our group who have need of and used and the DAS in the past. (this is the first time they’ll be together in one group). We will be a group of 8. I have a couple questions If both get a DAS ?

Will the other 6 guests in our group be able to be connected with both DAS holders?

if so I assume the following...

The 6 non DAS guests will only be able to have one DAS selection ongoing at any one time. I.e., you can’t have non DAS guests with two DAS return time ....from the two DAS holders. Correct? Would seem only fair.

When getting a DAS return time, care will need to be taken to make sure the DAS is being assigned to the correct holder and the correct non DAS guests linked to the return time. ....I say this because our two DAS holders have very different interests and we may split our group up with some going with one DAS holder and some with the other.

I’m open for any feedback others may have who’ve had multiple DAS holders in one group.

You can only be attached to one DAS pass . So the best bet with more than 5 people plus the pass holder is to know what rides each person will go on. And if members of the group know they won’t do that ride , be on their pass . If however, you will all go on all rides, then it’s not Really a concern .

Ok, I’m confused.

A guest can only ever be associated with one DAS holder?

Or

A guest can be associated with multiple DAS holders but only have one return time from any one DAS holder at a time ?

a party CAN have more than one DAS if more than one has need for DAS.
ALL members of the group will be linked to both DAS.
Each person can only be active on ONE DAS Return Time at one time.

This is from the DAS sticky toward the top of the disability page. SueM did a great job addressing most (if not all) issues.

Have a great trip!

when you go to GR ask them to link all the none DAS holders in the group to be linked to each DAS. When you go to the ride the CM will ask how is riding You tell them you tell then how is riding. You can only be on one DAS at a time so if person A is riding with person 1,2,3 and person and at the same time person B is riding with person 4,5,6 person 1,2,or3 can not be on person B pass too.

You can only be attached to one DAS pass . So the best bet with more than 5 people plus the pass holder is to know what rides each person will go on. And if members of the group know they won’t do that ride , be on their pass . If however, you will all go on all rides, then it’s not Really a concern .

This is incorrect - a non-DAS holder can be attached to more than one DAS, but they can only have one return time going at a time.

We will be traveling to Disney this spring with two individuals in our group who have need of and used and the DAS in the past. (this is the first time they’ll be together in one group). We will be a group of 8. I have a couple questions If both get a DAS ?

Will the other 6 guests in our group be able to be connected with both DAS holders?

if so I assume the following...

The 6 non DAS guests will only be able to have one DAS selection ongoing at any one time. I.e., you can’t have non DAS guests with two DAS return time ....from the two DAS holders. Correct? Would seem only fair.

When getting a DAS return time, care will need to be taken to make sure the DAS is being assigned to the correct holder and the correct non DAS guests linked to the return time. ....I say this because our two DAS holders have very different interests and we may split our group up with some going with one DAS holder and some with the other.

I’m open for any feedback others may have who’ve had multiple DAS holders in one group.

Thank you for posting this question. I am planning a trip for summer and like you and we will be a party of eight with two kids who are autistic with different interests. One child is severely autistic so I anticipate that our group will break into two groups at some points and may go on rides with one of the kids while the other one may head back to the resort for downtime. So, hearing everyone's answers will help me. I hope, you, the OP will write a TR when you return so I can follow along. Do you have a pre-trip report going?

I will definitely follow up with feedback once we return. Sure sounds like our groups will have a lot in common.

we're also a group with two DASes...or we will be on our next trip in 2021...
so this is very good to know.
thanks for posting the question

Both of my boys are on the spectrum. One is 19 and the other is 5, and we have DAS for both. We have traveled often with family and friends, and have never had any issues with multiple people on their DAS passes. We typically go to Guest Relations on our first day and add everyone to both passes. Everyone must be present to do this because they will need to scan everyone’s magic band.
The CMs have always been so great with us in getting return times! The DAS holder must be riding the ride, but does not have to be the one to go to get the return time, Anyone in the party should be able to get it. When you have multiple DAS in the group, they will ask who it’s for and who is riding. They will do everything to get it set up for you.
Two other pieces of info. The DAS holders cannot be linked to each other. When they will be riding together, you need to get a return time for each DAS holder plus anyone in the group that is riding. When the 4 of us do this, they give each of my boys a return time, and link my husband and I to one of them, not both. (Hope that’s not too confusing.). Also, when you return for the ride, make sure the DAS holder scans first, then the rest of the party follow. Their Mickey will light up blue instead of green. I say this because my son knows it’s supposed to be green for FP, he freaks out sometimes when it’s blue thinking something is wrong. I just remind him it’s DAS!

Both of my boys are on the spectrum. One is 19 and the other is 5, and we have DAS for both. We have traveled often with family and friends, and have never had any issues with multiple people on their DAS passes. We typically go to Guest Relations on our first day and add everyone to both passes. Everyone must be present to do this because they will need to scan everyone’s magic band.
The CMs have always been so great with us in getting return times! The DAS holder must be riding the ride, but does not have to be the one to go to get the return time, Anyone in the party should be able to get it. When you have multiple DAS in the group, they will ask who it’s for and who is riding. They will do everything to get it set up for you.
Two other pieces of info. The DAS holders cannot be linked to each other. When they will be riding together, you need to get a return time for each DAS holder plus anyone in the group that is riding. When the 4 of us do this, they give each of my boys a return time, and link my husband and I to one of them, not both. (Hope that’s not too confusing.). Also, when you return for the ride, make sure the DAS holder scans first, then the rest of the party follow. Their Mickey will light up blue instead of green. I say this because my son knows it’s supposed to be green for FP, he freaks out sometimes when it’s blue thinking something is wrong. I just remind him it’s DAS!
Great information. Thx

So, there are two separate issues the OP will have:
  1. They have a party of 8, which is over the normal of 6 max. They will usually accommodate this, but everyone in the party will need to be physically present at guest relations when the DAS is issued.
  2. There will be multiple DAS's in the group. The entire group should be able to be linked to both DAS's, but be careful when requesting return times to only specify the people that will be using the DAS at that time. If there is already a return time on one of the tickets and someone else gets one for that person, the new one will override the old one in most cases. Not saying it can't be done, jsut be aware of who has which ticket and who will be riding any particular attraction and only get a return time for those who will be going on that attraction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter