Multi-home resorts? List the chronological order of your contracts?

1. RIV
2. AUL
3. AKV

I'm keeping my sig in chronological order. Plan to add Poly2 (if different association) or Poly resale if it's the same, then some RIV resale and then VGC and I think that's it..? Maybe down the line some cabin/bungalow points, by the end of it it'll probably be around 1200-1400 points depending on point charts.

Direct:
BWV, after first trip ”home” and becoming infected
add on BWV
add on WLV

Resale: AKL
add on AKL

WLV was “the MK resort” way back when. The mr’s favorite, still. Probably would’ve bought BLT or Poly if we had bought our stake later on, price point would’ve killed our “cash only” methodology tho lol

do wish I had gotten the same UY for AKL, a bit tricky there at the get-go, have adjusted

BWV (1999)
BCV (2002)
SSR (2004)
BWV (2015)
BWV (2017)
RIV (2019)
Italicized are Resale.
If BWV was never introduced, I doubt we would have bought DVC until RIV.

BWV (1999)
BCV (2002)
SSR (2004)
BWV (2015)
BWV (2017)
RIV (2019)
Italicized are Resale.
If BWV was never introduced, I doubt we would have bought DVC until RIV.
Jealous of those direct BWV, BCV and SSR contracts you got early on, I'm sure they were amazing deals.

Jealous of those direct BWV, BCV and SSR contracts you got early on, I'm sure they were amazing deals.
Well, look at it this way - after incentives, we paid $62.50 pp for BWV in 1997. Per an online inflation calculator, that's $116.50 today. So don't feel so bad. I just wish that if we sold it the IRS would allow us to consider inflation when calculating capital gains tax!

The 1999 BWV points were about $55 with CM discount (the discount was much better then). It's pretty humorous how many people thought we were crazy for buying a "timeshare" years ago, but I looked into it thoroughly before we spent a single penny.

VGC (direct), BLT (resale), VGC (resale), tiny BLT add-on (direct), Poly (direct), Riviera (direct), Riviera fixed week (direct), VGF (direct) 588 total, and that is plenty for a single gal!

First came Aulani, then Boardwalk, then VGC, ended with BCV. What about you?
Answering from "multiple timeshares" vs "multiple home resorts w/in DVC" ...
  • First came Worldmark the Club (points-based mini-system),
  • (+) then came a fixed summer week, odd-years, with Grand Pacific Resorts for trading in RCI
  • (+) then came a fixed Red week, every year, in South Africa for cheaper and more frequent trading in RCI
  • (+) then came a half-share (even-months) at Warner Springs Ranch -- my favourite of them all!
  • (+) then came DVC
  • (+) then came the other half-share (odd-months) at Warner Springs Ranch -- still my favourite of them all!
  • (+) then came a vacation home to be near our favourite timeshare
  • (-) then the South Africa timeshare closed
  • (-) then Warner Springs Ranch closed (😭)
So here we are ... Worldmark points, GPR fixed summer week for trading, DVC and our vacation home ... where I moved full time to support the horses I bought when the ranch closed ... lol. I must say that the vacation home, with the horses, was the very best place I could imagine for during the Covid lockdowns!! I was quite thankful!

1. SSR (resale)
2. VGF (direct)
3. OKW extended (resale)

Update:
4. AKV (direct)
(Selling SSR and OKW)

Last edited:
OKW
BWV
HH
VB
BRV/VWL
BCV
SSR
AKV
BLT
VGC (sold in 2021)

All direct, all either before opening, or shortly after.

BWV in 2000, add on BWV 2004, then AKV 2007, and again 2009 and 2011.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter