Mug Refills at the Fort

PolarWSU

Earning My Ears
I have a scout Troop staying at the Fort at the end of May. We have all opted in for refillable mugs and just learned today that due to construction at the Marina, mug refills will only be possible at the Meadow snack bar. Does anyone have a sense of what hours the mugs can be filled at that location? I would hate to get the mugs and find that we cant fill them due to narrow hours.

Thank you!

I have a scout Troop staying at the Fort at the end of May. We have all opted in for refillable mugs and just learned today that due to construction at the Marina, mug refills will only be possible at the Meadow snack bar. Does anyone have a sense of what hours the mugs can be filled at that location? I would hate to get the mugs and find that we cant fill them due to narrow hours.

Thank you!
Website says it's open until 8 pm..

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...=OKC-90002223_gm_wdw_dining_meadowsnackbar_NA

That’s the actual snack bar hours. I’m hoping the refill machine is just open. You won’t be able to get morning coffee then either.

But morning coffee is available at the nearby Meadow Trading Post (and hot chocolate but they give the packets out only one at a time). You would have to check hours for Meadow TP but it opened at 830am when I was there at Thanksgiving 2022 IIRC. No sodas there at Meadow TP just coffee and hot water (for tea or cocoa).

Not the most convenient for mugs but I think that's how it is there currently.

Bama Ed

But morning coffee is available at the nearby Meadow Trading Post (and hot chocolate but they give the packets out only one at a time). You would have to check hours for Meadow TP but it opened at 830am when I was there at Thanksgiving 2022 IIRC. No sodas there at Meadow TP just coffee and hot water (for tea or cocoa).

Not the most convenient for mugs but I think that's how it is there currently.

Bama Ed
Oh good to know - so you just bring your refill mug to the TP?

Oh good to know - so you just bring your refill mug to the TP?

I did. I was down in loop 100 close to P&J's soda machines for refills but they didn't have hot water for tea/cocoa. I was at the Fort for 2 weeks then so wanted to try to get some cocoa. I had to show them my cup at the Meadow TP and then they reached into a drawer and gave me a cocoa packet. They weren't sitting out in a pile easy to grab. But one was all I needed.

So yep that's the story. Just check the hours for whenever they open. The main point is Meadow TP does not have soda. But the pool Snack Bar does (whatever the limited hours are).

Bama Ed

PS - I don't drink coffee but get my caffeine cold from diet soda. That's my MO.

I thought I saw in another thread (can’t remember where though) that the drink machines by the pool would be available 24/7?

Last edited:

The ice in those machines has to be MANUALLY loaded into the top bin of those drink dispensers. It is thermally insulated like an Igloo cooler so the ice melts very, very slowly and sits in the bin until it is used up by people refilling their cups with ice before they fill them with soda.

In a prior life, I used to shovel ice out of ice machines and wheel the tubs down to the soda machines where we had to climb up on a step stool and lift the tub of ice over our heads and dump ice into the top bin and "top it off" and put the lid back on before leaving for the end of our night shift. Or whenever it got emptied throughout a busy/warm day and lots of ice/drink usage. And we would re-ice those machines over-and over-and over-and over as long as guests were using them.

My point is it's not an automatic ice making machine up there. It requires a Cast Member to keep it full (and top it off at the end of the day if there will be overnight access). The CM at the Meadow Snack Bar at the pool window (if it's open) should be told because it is up to them to refill if the ice runs out.

Bama Ed

PS - I know something about fewthings. The first is repairing and replacing parts inside toilets. The second is servicing drink machines by refilling ice tubs, washing out dispensing nozzles, wiping out drain trays, replacing empty syrup sacks in the syrup racks where the syrup (supplied by the vendor) and water get mixed, replacing empy CO2 tanks that put the fizz in the syrup and water mix (if needed), and so on. It's physical work but it works if the staff is keeping up with syrup, ice, and CO2 and keeping the machines clean. Best part is having the key to turn off all the working parts of the machine EXCEPT access to the H20 (water) button. Lock it off and no attention needed. But if unlocked, it requires CM attention to keep it working properly.

I don't know much but I do know how to keep those drink machines working. So a CM needs to load more ice into the top.

PPS -the chips in the mugs add an overlay layer of control to the machines operating. But the fundamentals of walking up, pressing your cup against the ice lever (or using a button) and filling it with liquid are all fundamental operations like I described.

Last edited:
Sorry I just saw this (haven't posted in years but hop on occasionally) my hubby asked about it and they gave him a cup of ice at the pool . It was working later that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter