MSEP... when do we think it will end!

katyringo

DIS Veteran
Had anyone been able to book a MSEP dinning package after September 2nd?

I know in 2019 it ran through September 30th.

I'm seeing if folks have been able to book the package past the offical start of Halloween..

I'm still personally hoping the keep it around through fall, I've never seen it and really want to.

It will eternally end and then come back every 2 years or so as a marketing stunt.
That was what I was going to say as well. There was the "Farewell Tour" in 1996. Then "catch it for a limited time" back around 2017 and left again, only to be brought back for the 50th anniversary of the parade.... And here it is again with new floats even, so it may go away in the fall for the Halloween parade, but will likely be back next spring for another "goodbye." At this rate, I'm expecting to go see it with my great grandchildren (and my oldest grandkid is only 11, so it's not like a great-grand is coming anytime soon), LOL! It appears "limited time" and "farewell" may only mean it's gone a few years at a time.

That was what I was going to say as well. There was the "Farewell Tour" in 1996. Then "catch it for a limited time" back around 2017 and left again, only to be brought back for the 50th anniversary of the parade.... And here it is again with new floats even, so it may go away in the fall for the Halloween parade, but will likely be back next spring for another "goodbye." At this rate, I'm expecting to go see it with my great grandchildren (and my oldest grandkid is only 11, so it's not like a great-grand is coming anytime soon), LOL! It appears "limited time" and "farewell" may only mean it's gone a few years at a time.
Hmmmmm is there a Halloween parade? I don’t recall this.

Hmmmmm is there a Halloween parade? I don’t recall this.
Yep! Can't remember the name, but it's starts with the headless horseman and focuses on villains. I clearly remember the grave diggers-- their shovels would hit the ground and occasionally spark. I found it oddly mesmerizing.

.... Can't remember if it happens at the Oogie Boogie Bash now. But there was definitely a Halloween parade when the party was at DL proper.

As we all know, dining is released on their own quirky schedule, but you can only book the Plaza Inn MSEP dining package through Labor Day, 9/5 as of this morning when 60 days out goes through 9/8. May not mean anything but just happened to notice.

As we all know, dining is released on their own quirky schedule, but you can only book the Plaza Inn MSEP dining package through Labor Day, 9/5 as of this morning when 60 days out goes through 9/8. May not mean anything but just happened to notice.
Interesting..interesting...

2019.. the last normal year we have anything to compare to... disneyland did not have a parade in the fall.

Same with fantasmic. We’ll be at DL on the 6th and we’re hoping for a fantasmic package but it’s not open yet, or won’t be..

Yep! Can't remember the name, but it's starts with the headless horseman and focuses on villains. I clearly remember the grave diggers-- their shovels would hit the ground and occasionally spark. I found it oddly mesmerizing.

.... Can't remember if it happens at the Oogie Boogie Bash now. But there was definitely a Halloween parade when the party was at DL proper.
But it’s held at DCA, not DL.

Considering this parade is from the 70s, I'm sure it'll keep coming back again and again...they know it's a big draw. They'll move it to WDW for a bit, then back to DL again. I remember seeing at WDW in the late 70s. I know it wasn't the original version from DL, but it was a big success.

Personally, I'm of the mindset that it'll run until Halloween starts. Don't know that they'll have competing parades at DLR and DCA.

Considering this parade is from the 70s, I'm sure it'll keep coming back again and again...they know it's a big draw. They'll move it to WDW for a bit, then back to DL again. I remember seeing at WDW in the late 70s. I know it wasn't the original version from DL, but it was a big success.

Personally, I'm of the mindset that it'll run until Halloween starts. Don't know that they'll have competing parades at DLR and DCA.
I agree. with all your points. I'd add they might not have the staff to do two parades either!

I dunno if I’d consider it competing parades when one is behind an additional paywall and is already sold out. But I can definitely see them stopping MSEP at the start of Halloween time.

No parade at Disneyland is ever truly gone. Well, except Paint The Night and that daytime one they did right before Covid.
I hope they bring back the Disneyland daytime parade once they take away MSEP. Or after the holidays at the latest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter