MS Copaxone users

ghcoughlin

Mouseketeer
Hi I am on Copaxone,it's doing a great job too.I received a letter from Shared Solutions that they will be using a new needle.This is suppose to be gentler.Has anyone gotten there scrip refilled yet and gotten this new one???If so do you notice a difference??
Thanks Heidi

Haven't experienced the new needle yet, but hopefully it will be sharper!!!
The ones they have now are sooo dull!:worried: Although just how dull seems to vary quite a bit from month to month. :confused:
Some are just torture.:scared: :scared1:

just got my first ever batch this past weekend. the shots don't hurt until after i remove the needles, so maybe i've got the new improved ones (....i've got no way to know unless you can describe the old needles..?..)
dj

Originally posted by dj2
(....i've got no way to know unless you can describe the old needles..?..)
dj

Oh, you would know!;)

Ever since they came out with the pre-mixed syringes, the needles have been bad:(

At best, you could feel resistance, sort of a drag, to the needle as it went in. Not as noticeable with the Autoject as without, but still there. :worried:

At worst, there is a noticeable (almost audible, it seems sometimes) *pop* as is goes into the skin. When the needle pushes a "dimple" into the skin before it punctures thru, that is definitely *not* good!:scared1:

So, if the needle seems to slide in like butter, then you've got good ones:bounce:

Hi all! I thought it was just me experiencing the bad injection from the Auto 2.I have tried washing it like they say and it still " drags" That is exactly how I explain it too.April Zoo you discribed it to a tee!!!Last night DH was doing it in my arm and it took FOREVER to go in.So he pulled it out and guess what it wasn't finished.I love the pre mixed syringe so it's worth the trade off:p
It's worse in my arms,so sensitive.So let's keep our fingers crossed that it will be new and improved:p
First one to get the new needles let us know.
Heidi

I misplaced my autoject a while back (isn't MS brain-fog fun -- NOT! :upsidedow ) and have been doing the shots the old-fashioned way. So while I know all the med has gone in, I can also see the torture of the dull needle.:eek:
It's worse in my arms,so sensitive.
I can't use my arms at all. There's a nice layer of fat to inject into there, but it hurts like the devil :headache: No amount of ice could help. And the knot lasted for days. Just having my shirt sleeve rub over it was sooo painful.
I told the doc about it, and he told me to just rotate thru the other sites instead. I've found that by rotating around each of the areas also, I actually have a lot of spots to inject in before reusing any particular place.

Hi ,April's Zoo have you called for another Auto inject??They mail them out very quicklyThat is my worse fear to have to do the shots without it.I wonder WHY the needles are so dull.I think they need to revamp the Auto inject along with the needle.
Have you ever suffered the side effects upon injection??I had them about a dozen times.They were so bad I thought I needed to call 911.It was ALL the side effects they tell you about times 100!!!!!When I called the Shared Sloutions they said that is normal:confused: The nurse asked "did you want to call 911"So even now when it is injected I hold my breath hoping it doesn't happen again.These started months after I was on it.Oh well I can't complain that much Copaxone has made a huge difference on my MS.
Good Luck on your shots and call Shared Solutions today and have them get a new one out to you ASAP.
Heidi::MinnieMo

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter