MP ?

bandaidqueen

Earning My Ears
I am sure this has been answered but we are premium AP's arriving Sat.
Because of our pass, we have MP. When I obtain MP's for our group on the disneyland app, can we scan our AP's instead of my phone when we arrive at the ride checkpoints? Would like to preserve battery life on phone.

Yes, but keep in mind the second you scan into the first scanner, you can reserve your next Maxpass, regardless of what time the app originally said you can reserve your next one at.

I think you mean Premier? Premium doesn't exist anymore.

And yes, as said above your can just scan your AP. I find it quicker and far more convenient. Using your phone, your have to turn the brightness up quite a bit for the scanner to be able to read it. Which for me is annoying as I usually keep my brightness as low as possible.

However, if you reserve your next MP immediately after scanning in, be careful. I had a CM at Buzz not see me scan my AP and made me scan again. It already thought I'd used it and I'd already booked another Buzz to immediately walk back on after that ride... CM ended up using my next FP when she manually fixed things to let me in =/

Last edited:

I think you mean Premier? Premium doesn't exist anymore.

And yes, as said above your can just scan your AP. I find it quicker and far more convenient. Using your phone, your have to turn the brightness up quite a bit for the scanner to be able to read it. Which for me is annoying as I usually keep my brightness as low as possible.

However, if you reserve your next MP immediately after scanning in, be careful. I had a CM at Buzz not see me scan my AP and made me scan again. It already thought I'd used it and I'd already booked another Buzz to immediately walk back on after that ride... CM ended up using my next FP when she manually fixed things to let me in =/
Ok, that is a change, it didn't used to let you get one for the same attraction right away, it had to be another attraction or wait until your window opened to get a new FP.

Ok, that is a change, it didn't used to let you get one for the same attraction right away, it had to be another attraction or wait until your window opened to get a new FP.

It's not a change. This is how it's always worked. I think you're just misunderstanding what happened. My window was opened to book a new FP. I will try to explain it better:

I scanned into Buzz. Buzz has two scans points. Once you have done the first scan, you can book your next FP on MP if eligible even for the same ride as you have already used that ride's FP even though you still have one more scan to do.

I immediately booked a new Buzz FP as there was time to do so between scan point #1 and scan point #2. I have done this quite a number of times with no issues.

The CM at the second scan point was not paying attention when my mom and I scanned and made us scan again. The system at this point only saw the second Buzz FPs that would not be good until after we got off the ride (time wise) because it knew we'd scanned the first Buzz FP that was calling twice already.

The CM then just pushed to let the new Buzz FP to let us through thus using up our future FP as well as our used up current FP. That one disappeared and my FP window had reopened. I booked for something else because I was fairly annoyed with what had just happened, but I now do not scan at that second point until I'm sure the CM is looking.

It's not a change. This is how it's always worked. I think you're just misunderstanding what happened. My window was opened to book a new FP. I will try to explain it better:

I scanned into Buzz. Buzz has two scans points. Once you have done the first scan, you can book your next FP on MP if eligible even for the same ride as you have already used that ride's FP even though you still have one more scan to do.

I immediately booked a new Buzz FP as there was time to do so between scan point #1 and scan point #2. I have done this quite a number of times with no issues.

The CM at the second scan point was not paying attention when my mom and I scanned and made us scan again. The system at this point only saw the second Buzz FPs that would not be good until after we got off the ride (time wise) because it knew we'd scanned the first Buzz FP that was calling twice already.

The CM then just pushed to let the new Buzz FP to let us through thus using up our future FP as well as our used up current FP. That one disappeared and my FP window had reopened. I booked for something else because I was fairly annoyed with what had just happened, but I now do not scan at that second point until I'm sure the CM is looking.
I see, but I am still not understanding how you got a second FP for Buzz, unless it was after the window that you can get your next FP, let me explain what I mean in a simpler way:
  • At 10:15 AM, your get a FP for Buzz
  • Return time is 10:25-11:25
  • It says you can get your next FP after 11:00 AM
  • You return at 10:20 (5 minute grace period before the return time) and scan in at the first scanner
  • You can immediately get another FP for ANY attraction, except Buzz, for that ride you have to wait until the 11:00 AM time
This is the way it was working in the beginning, not sure if it still is.

I see, but I am still not understanding how you got a second FP for Buzz, unless it was after the window that you can get your next FP, let me explain what I mean in a simpler way:
  • At 10:15 AM, your get a FP for Buzz
  • Return time is 10:25-11:25
  • It says you can get your next FP after 11:00 AM
  • You return at 10:20 (5 minute grace period before the return time) and scan in at the first scanner
  • You can immediately get another FP for ANY attraction, except Buzz, for that ride you have to wait until the 11:00 AM time
This is the way it was working in the beginning, not sure if it still is.

I think you misunderstood how the system worked and still works. I've been using it this way since the beginning as I like to ride Buzz in particular several times in a row.

Also in your example it ignores that the rule was and is a half hour wait for "immediate" FPs. Not 45 minutes. Next FP would have actually been available at 10:45 in your example without use.

Example:
Pull FP at 10:00 AM for Buzz.
Return window 10:15 AM to 11:15 AM.
Next FP is available at 10:30 AM. (EXCEPTION if you use the FP prior to that, it opens up totally.)

There are a couple ways this can go:

Scenario #1:
Use FP between 10:10 AM (grace period) and 10:29 AM.
After first scan point, you can book a FP for any ride including the one you just scanned into.

Scenario #2:
Wait until 10:30 AM.
Haven't used FP yet.
Can book a FP for any ride BUT Buzz (until it's used).

If you continue to hold that Buzz, you cannot book another until you no longer hold it (same for any ride). Either through use or expiration.

Does this make more sense now?

I think you misunderstood how the system worked and still works. I've been using it this way since the beginning as I like to ride Buzz in particular several times in a row.

Also in your example it ignores that the rule was and is a half hour wait for "immediate" FPs. Not 45 minutes. Next FP would have actually been available at 10:45 in your example without use.

Example:
Pull FP at 10:00 AM for Buzz.
Return window 10:15 AM to 11:15 AM.
Next FP is available at 10:30 AM. (EXCEPTION if you use the FP prior to that, it opens up totally.)

There are a couple ways this can go:

Scenario #1:
Use FP between 10:10 AM (grace period) and 10:29 AM.
After first scan point, you can book a FP for any ride including the one you just scanned into.

Scenario #2:
Wait until 10:30 AM.
Haven't used FP yet.
Can book a FP for any ride BUT Buzz (until it's used).

If you continue to hold that Buzz, you cannot book another until you no longer hold it (same for any ride). Either through use or expiration.

Does this make more sense now?
Yeah, but when MP first came out, we couldn't book Buzz again in Scenario 1 (Well it was Soarin', but the principle applies), perhaps that was a glitch then, normally we don't do the same ride multiple times in a row anyway, but this was our experience when we tried.

And the times were only examples, not saying they were 100% accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter