Moving

Piglet4Ever

<font color="navy">Navy Wife, toughest job in the
:scared1: I forgot just how much I hate the process of moving until today. We have been here for 6 yrs and thought we'd be able to stay till DH retired in 3 yrs, but that was not to be. Now we are moving back to the East Coast for his last 3 yrs and I am :sad1: Today the packers came for day one, tommorow is one more day of packing and then the movers come on Friday. I like the idea of moving to a new place for a while, I just hate everything involved in getting there. :sad2:

:scared1: I forgot just how much I hate the process of moving until today. We have been here for 6 yrs and thought we'd be able to stay till DH retired in 3 yrs, but that was not to be. Now we are moving back to the East Coast for his last 3 yrs and I am :sad1: Today the packers came for day one, tommorow is one more day of packing and then the movers come on Friday. I like the idea of moving to a new place for a while, I just hate everything involved in getting there. :sad2:

:hug: Where are you guys headed? Do you have a place in the new location yet? Soon enough you will be there and settled. I don't envy your drive across country but I bet you will be able to see lots of fun stuff on the way.

Moving BITES! We moved this summer and have been in our new home just over a month and still haven't finished unpacking and hanging pictures. I think it is roughest on the kids though. My oldest had to leave her friends and move for the last 2 years of high school. :guilty:

We are moving to the Washington DC area, we were there once before for 3 1/2 yrs so we know what to expect. We are keeping our house here in WA and renting it out and planning on renting a house in VA, just got in contact with a realtor today to help us with our search, we are looking at Burke, or Alexandria (Mt Vernon area). We lived in Alexandria last time and are interested to see what has change in the last 9 yrs since we lived there.

We don't have children so we don't have to worry about everyting that comes along with that. It's hard enough getting the two of us from point A to point B:lmao: This will be our 4th cross country trip so we are pretty comfortable with that. We will be stopping to visit both our famiies so that will be fun. I just don't like the whole moving process and the unpacking and all that (who does right ;) ) once I have all this behind me I'll be fine.

We are moving to the Washington DC area, we were there once before for 3 1/2 yrs so we know what to expect. We are keeping our house here in WA and renting it out and planning on renting a house in VA, just got in contact with a realtor today to help us with our search, we are looking at Burke, or Alexandria (Mt Vernon area). We lived in Alexandria last time and are interested to see what has change in the last 9 yrs since we lived there.

We don't have children so we don't have to worry about everyting that comes along with that. It's hard enough getting the two of us from point A to point B:lmao: This will be our 4th cross country trip so we are pretty comfortable with that. We will be stopping to visit both our famiies so that will be fun. I just don't like the whole moving process and the unpacking and all that (who does right ;) ) once I have all this behind me I'll be fine.

I'm jealous. We just left MD for GA and miss MD like crazy!

Enjoy DC again. Alexandria is lovely but the housing prices in NoVa are crazy expensive. We still have our place in MD and are renting it out for more than what we are paying for rent for a huge 2 story house on a large lot in GA.

Good luck with your move and the unpacking!

My Dh will have 3yrs left when it is time for the next move - and I already told him I won't be moving with him. So he is going to try to stay here... my oldest will be in the middle of Jr high and I made the decision that we will stay here in WA state. I won't give up my job either.

I wish you the best and I don't envy you! I think if I didn't have children or a job I enjoyed I'd be more open to things... and I know nothing is set in stone in life - but I am happy right where I am.

Hey there, I'm in NOVA if you need any help. We live in the Kingstowne area of Alexandria. Think right next to Springfield if you don't know where Kingstowne area is.

If you need any help, I'd be happy to help you out. There were a couple houses for rent in my neighborhood. My husband works at the Pentagon and drives down 395. A good friend of mine lives in the Mount Vernon area and pays $3k a month. Makes me feel better about my $2500:rotfl:

Good luck with your move. I wasn't here 9 years ago but I've no doubt it's even more crowded and congested.

Hey there, I'm in NOVA if you need any help. We live in the Kingstowne area of Alexandria. Think right next to Springfield if you don't know where Kingstowne area is.

If you need any help, I'd be happy to help you out. There were a couple houses for rent in my neighborhood. My husband works at the Pentagon and drives down 395. A good friend of mine lives in the Mount Vernon area and pays $3k a month. Makes me feel better about my $2500:rotfl:

Good luck with your move. I wasn't here 9 years ago but I've no doubt it's even more crowded and congested.

I know where you are talking about. We lived pretty close to Ft Belvoir last time around. DH is Navy but I used Belvoir for my medical and all that. We are looking at hopefully staying around $2500 for rent (boy I get upset just saying that) Last time we were in VA was right before housing prices really started exploding so we got a really sweet deal on the house we bought. Now, forget it! The prices are so outrageous on the houses that we would be interested in we just can't justify buying a house we'd live in for only 3 yrs.

The packers are here for their second day, they got here at 8am and it is now 6pm :headache: I really need this all just to be done already!!

My Dh will have 3yrs left when it is time for the next move - and I already told him I won't be moving with him. So he is going to try to stay here... my oldest will be in the middle of Jr high and I made the decision that we will stay here in WA state. I won't give up my job either.

I wish you the best and I don't envy you! I think if I didn't have children or a job I enjoyed I'd be more open to things... and I know nothing is set in stone in life - but I am happy right where I am.

Where in WA are you? DH works at NAS Whidbey Island, at least until Monday ;) We love it up here and plan on living here after DH retires, that's why we are keeping our house.

Good luck and safe travels. :)

We left Belvoir a few years ago and I now I'm sorry we left. The traffic was killer and so was the cost of living so when orders came up we took them. It's been 2 years and I'm still sorry we left. They should be done with the huge new hospital soon so if you still use them for medical again, that will be nice for you.

My DH is current with the Stennis at Bremerton, before that he was at Bangor with Sub Group 9. In between those was sandwiched a deployment to Iraq (mainly to keep us here). I have some friends at NAS Whidbey.

We have discussed that - if, for some reason, we decided to all go together (depending on what happens in 2 yrs), we are keeping our home here and will come back here.

I am originally from New England and just LOVE it here in the Pacific Northwest. My MIL lives in Norfolk - so I can't go to VA. :rotfl:

Well the movers finished the pack out today :cool1::cool1::cool1: Went ok overall, with a few little hitches here and there, I guess it wouldn't be a military move if it went totally smooth :lmao: I thank you all for the positive thoughts, it's nice to know there are people out there who know what I am talking about. :goodvibes

We live south of Ft. Belvoir in Prince William County. We'll be retiring in 6 months. Bought a house here because our daughter started high school last year and we promised her that she could start and finish at one school. Commute isn't bad, because he takes the train in. Good luck in your move and I hope all goes smoothly for you.

The hospital should be open next year. They are doing alot of road constriction going on on Belvoir right now. It sucks. We live on Belvoir and love it.

We are on the road now. Staying with the inlaws for a few days in CO then heading to VA to find a place to rent, then up to OH to visit my folks for a few days, then hopefully we will get to move in to the house we will find! Just glad to be under way. Yesterday we saw the Oscar Meyer Wiener Mobile driving out in the middle of nowhere in Wyoming, that was pretty fun :thumbsup2

Dh and I finally made it to VA :cool1: It was a long couple weeks of traveling cross country and visiting family and friends along the way. We are renting a townhouse in Springfield. It is the first time we have rented a place in 10 yrs so it is going to take some getting used to. We just got our internet hooked up today and we get our household goods on Monday, I can't wait to get everything in here and make this place feel like home. :thumbsup2 We are excited for our three yr adventure here :yay:

Dh and I finally made it to VA :cool1: It was a long couple weeks of traveling cross country and visiting family and friends along the way. We are renting a townhouse in Springfield. It is the first time we have rented a place in 10 yrs so it is going to take some getting used to. We just got our internet hooked up today and we get our household goods on Monday, I can't wait to get everything in here and make this place feel like home. :thumbsup2 We are excited for our three yr adventure here :yay:

Hey neighbor,:wave2: glad ya'll made it okay. The weather is gorgeous right now. You got here at the right time. If you need directions to anything, I'll be happy to help you out. Enjoy your time here.

Thanks lovemygoofy! We went to Ft Belvoir the other day to use the PX. It only took us 1/2 hr to find it :lmao: That base sure has changed ALOT since we lived here 10 yrs ago. But now we know where we are going so it's all good. Sorry about your ankle. We are sending good thoughts your way. :goodvibes

Thanks lovemygoofy! We went to Ft Belvoir the other day to use the PX. It only took us 1/2 hr to find it :lmao: That base sure has changed ALOT since we lived here 10 yrs ago. But now we know where we are going so it's all good. Sorry about your ankle. We are sending good thoughts your way. :goodvibes

They are doing a bunch of stuff. Its going to be great when it is all done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter