moving walk rides?

crusoemom

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
I apologize in advance, because you must have answered this question about a thousand times before, but I need a link to or a list of the rides that have moving walks to access, such as Peter Pan or the Haunted Mansion.

I read somewhere that some of these rides can be slowed down to allow people a little more time to get on and off (except Peter Pan). In previous years, my mother (uses a wheelchair/walker/cane/hubby's arm, depending on how many steps to take) has just watched instead of riding whenever there was a ride with a moving walk. Then I found that thread that talked about how the ride could sometimes be slowed down to allow extra time. That should be all she needs to be able to ride these rides.

I checked the FAQ, but didn't find it there (I admit I didn't search every single link from there). Anyone remember where it is?

Thanks much!

Sara

Some of the rides can actually be stopped if necessary. When I broke my leg and could not bear any weight at all they stopped Haunted Mansion so I could ride. I must go in the back way and will need a GAC. I could not ride Peter Pan. You need to be specific with the castmember as to your Mom's needs as they will not stop the ride unless it is necessary. They also will probably load several groups onto the ride so it is not stopped too often.

This is a link to a past thread about moving walkways rides:
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=273092&perpage=15

It doesn't have a list, but talks about most of them.

Also, I can't make a link to this website at my work computer, but if you go the FAQs, look at the #3 post. There are links there to the official Disney site. Follow any of those links. At the top of each Disney disabilities page, there is a link labeled for each park. That takes you to the Guidebook for Guests with Disabilities for that park. They don't have a neat little list, but the description for each ride includes information about a moving walkway if there is one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter