• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Moving bags to new hotel

GoldenOwner

Mouseketeer
My family is staying at RPR in February. We were planning on arriving on a Thursday, but with the cost of flights, we are now arriving late on Wednesday so need a hotel room for that night. RPR is about $400 more than one of the value resorts so we're thinking of staying there Wednesday night and moving to RPR the next day. There is no bag service between resorts, correct? We will not have a car. What is the best way to move from Endless Summer to RPR? Or we could consider Adventura or Cabana Bay if either is walkable. The hotel in the airport is not available for our date, so we figured it would be easier to just head to Universal Wednesday night, but if we're wrong and there's another hotel close to MCO that we should consider, we're open to suggestion. We'll probably have 2 larger suitcases on wheels and 4 backpacks for 2 adults, 2 older elementary kids. I'm not super concerned that we get all sorted Thursday morning for early entry as we will be there for several days. Thank you!

How are you planning on getting to Universal?

The value hotels do not offer luggage transfer service.

There are many airport hotels that offer free shuttle service upon arrival. You could do that on arrival night.

Other option would be an Uber xl from Endless Summer if you would all fit in one. I don’t think you’d want to lug all of that luggage with the kids by walking or universal bus.

Last edited:
My family is staying at RPR in February. We were planning on arriving on a Thursday, but with the cost of flights, we are now arriving late on Wednesday so need a hotel room for that night. RPR is about $400 more than one of the value resorts so we're thinking of staying there Wednesday night and moving to RPR the next day. There is no bag service between resorts, correct? We will not have a car. What is the best way to move from Endless Summer to RPR? Or we could consider Adventura or Cabana Bay if either is walkable. The hotel in the airport is not available for our date, so we figured it would be easier to just head to Universal Wednesday night, but if we're wrong and there's another hotel close to MCO that we should consider, we're open to suggestion. We'll probably have 2 larger suitcases on wheels and 4 backpacks for 2 adults, 2 older elementary kids. I'm not super concerned that we get all sorted Thursday morning for early entry as we will be there for several days. Thank you!
About a year ago, we were going to Uber from Dockside to PBH. When we were about to order one, we noticed a Mears taxi SUV which we took instead. Either way Mears taxi or Uber is easy and similar in cost.

Call the resorts and ask. Last month, we walked our luggage from Aventura to Royal Pacific. The walk wasn't bad, but the lady at the front desk said they would have transferred them for us.

Uber XL is your best bet if you want to move everyone and get them all checked in quickly, another option is to have one parent take a regular Uber over and get you all checked in and then meet everyone at the parks while the other parent takes the kids to the parks ahead of time. There is not too big of a price difference and Lyft and Uber have been fantastic for us when our teenagers take the car out and we want to get out! LOL

So Universal is a little iffy on luggage transfers, officially they will transfer luggage from a Premier (RPR) to a prime value (Aventura or Cabana Bay) or a preferred hotel (Sapphire Falls), but not the other way around, and officially Endless Summer doesn't have any luggage transfers (I'm a TA and this is what Universal tells us). HOWEVER, in practice, they may actually transfer between any resorts - your best bet is to ask at the bell services desk when you arrive if they'll transfer the luggage in the morning or not. You're more likely to have them transfer the luggage from Cabana Bay or Aventura than Endless Summer - but it's not guaranteed. Both are also walkable to RPR, but it's a good 15 minutes from Cabana Bay, and longer from Aventura - probably not ideal to drag your luggage that far.

So Universal is a little iffy on luggage transfers, officially they will transfer luggage from a Premier (RPR) to a prime value (Aventura or Cabana Bay) or a preferred hotel (Sapphire Falls), but not the other way around, and officially Endless Summer doesn't have any luggage transfers (I'm a TA and this is what Universal tells us). HOWEVER, in practice, they may actually transfer between any resorts - your best bet is to ask at the bell services desk when you arrive if they'll transfer the luggage in the morning or not. You're more likely to have them transfer the luggage from Cabana Bay or Aventura than Endless Summer - but it's not guaranteed. Both are also walkable to RPR, but it's a good 15 minutes from Cabana Bay, and longer from Aventura - probably not ideal to drag your luggage that far.
Aventura is actually fairly close to RPR… if you walk through the ballrooms of SF which leads into ballrooms of RPR. We take this walk almost everytime to and from Aventura to the parks. It’s about 7 minutes from the front of Aventura to entrance of RPR ballrooms and the majority of the walk is indoors.

Here’s a rough sketch with the yellow line being our route (light blue-roofed buildings is Sapphire Falls)…
EADEA24D-6308-4B93-8133-B25A3CC02B0A.jpeg

Has anyone had any recent experience with luggage bag transfers from Sapphire Falls to RPR? If not, what number would be best to call to get reliable information about this? The direct number for SF? Is that listed in Loews' website? Or elsewhere? Thanks.

Has anyone had any recent experience with luggage bag transfers from Sapphire Falls to RPR? If not, what number would be best to call to get reliable information about this? The direct number for SF? Is that listed in Loews' website? Or elsewhere? Thanks.
I haven’t done a split stay in awhile but here is SF’s direct number: 407-503-5000

Also curious, same problem, different resorts. If someone did a value+ (Cabana Bay) to Hard Rock recently?

I suspect I will be needing to ride share my luggage over there..

Last year we stayed a day at Sapphire Falls and then moved to HRH. They transferred our luggage for us.

Next month we play to stay the first night at Dockside and then move to PBH. We pack light and we'll only have a backpack each. Can we take them on the bus to CityWalk and then from there on the bus to PBH? Or should we Uber over?
ETA: 2 adults and 2 teens

Last year we stayed a day at Sapphire Falls and then moved to HRH. They transferred our luggage for us.

Next month we play to stay the first night at Dockside and then move to PBH. We pack light and we'll only have a backpack each. Can we take them on the bus to CityWalk and then from there on the bus to PBH? Or should we Uber over?
ETA: 2 adults and 2 teens
Yes, but transit to PBH is on citywalk (walking path or boat) so you'll have to go through security. Uber would be faster, but the bus will work just fine

Yes, but transit to PBH is on citywalk (walking path or boat) so you'll have to go through security. Uber would be faster, but the bus will work just fine
If the boats aren't running (weather), there will be PBH buses so you could transfer directly. But generally, plan on having to go through security with them.

You can also Uber 1-2 people over, so you don't need the larger Uber if you choose that method.

I was hoping we could "bus hop" at CityWalk without having to go through security (more time intensive)... but Uber is probably also the quicker more direct option. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter