• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Movies you just can't watch

Beaches. I love that movie, but the last time I watched it, I cried for days afterwards.

Also, I won’t watch any horror movie that’s just too gross. I’m fine with Scream, Friday the 13th, even Saw...but the really over-the-top (usually independent ones), I’m out.

I generally don’t do any kind of scary or violent films. Too much violence in the world as it is - I don’t need to watch it for entertainment.

As far as movies I’ve seen and won’t ever again: Silence of the Lambs, Seven Pounds (Will Smith movie)...

Any movie with Steven Segal (sp?), the vast majority of S. Stallone's movies, the Porky movies, slasher films, the 3 Stooges, and Lifetime Network's oeuvre.
RL is too short to have that much nonsense bouncing around in my head.

I have so many , I probably have watched more movies I never care to watch again than moves I have loved. But since this is a Disney forum I will just list 2 Disney movies I don't particular care for and won't be watching again. Pinocchio, Bambi come to mind . :poop:

Titanic - way too sad :(

Hostel and the Saw series - too vicious!

Same but for a whole other reason.I have a phobia about ships and water and sinking etc etc :) Just watching makes me have a hard time breathing. I am very claustrophobic. Even sitting in the back seat of the car can make me very uncomfortable.

That and, well, I really don't like Leo :)

Lots of movie genres I don't watch because I'm just not interested - horror, teen romps, vulgar comedies, super-hero movies. In terms of can't or won't watch, well, I go out of my way to avoid even seeing clips of Titanic. I only saw it once when it was released and all these years later there are scenes that still haunt me. :sad:

My Sister's Keeper. I've seen it before and thought it was an amazing movie. I tried to watch it over the weekend and I couldn't even get 20 mins into the movie without bawling....

Any movies with animal cruelty, dying animals, etc. War Horse...never again, Old Yeller, Black Beauty, etc.
An honest question for those of you that are affected this way and NO I'm not suggesting animal cruelty is anything other than an abomination - how can you stomach movies depicting endless versions of man's inhumanity to man? Realizing of course that neither people or animals are actually harmed in the filming of movies? I really don't understand.

An honest question for those of you that are affected this way and NO I'm not suggesting animal cruelty is anything other than an abomination - how can you stomach movies depicting endless versions of man's inhumanity to man? Realizing of course that neither people or animals are actually harmed in the filming of movies? I really don't understand.

I know a lot of humans and so far there's very few I like. Dogs on the other hand...

I know a lot of humans and so far there's very few I like. Dogs on the other hand...

Yeah, I think that's the difference. Man has the capacity for evil, whereas animals do not. I generally only like movies where the bad guy's get their comeuppance anyway. I don't necessarily mind movies where an animal is harmed in the story, but I am against any production that actually abuses animals - unfortunately a lot of older movies fall into that category as there was no oversight.

Yeah, I think that's the difference. Man has the capacity for evil, whereas animals do not.
It's a funny thing, I find that my dogs welcome me like a saint and saviour if I've been gone five minutes or five hours...

Yeah, I think that's the difference. Man has the capacity for evil, whereas animals do not. I generally only like movies where the bad guy's get their comeuppance anyway. I don't necessarily mind movies where an animal is harmed in the story, but I am against any production that actually abuses animals - unfortunately a lot of older movies fall into that category as there was no oversight.
Yikes! I had no idea they actually killed animals for movies like Old Yeller. :scared1:

Yikes! I had no idea they actually killed animals for movies like Old Yeller. :scared1:

Not Old Yeller. Mostly I mean old westerns where they would trip horses or jump them off cliffs. It started to become concerning after a few incidents and protections started to be put in place. A friend once brought over an old movie that use real footage of an elephant being shot. It happens in the first few minutes and I was like , "I'm out." Thankfully they can do so much with CG now, though incidents still happen. Mostly these days though they are accidents, not anyone just trying to harm the animal for the shot.

EDIT: I should add, as far as I know they didn't actually shoot the elephant FOR the movie, but a hunting party filmed it and they used the footage. Still terrible though.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter