• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MoviePass? $9.99/month 1 theater movie a day

Couple ?s.

You can only get tickets while you are close to the theater? And only for that day?

If the movie says no passes does that mean movie pass?

Yeah, you have to plan a little bit and I find it's easier to use MP when I go to the movies solo vs. in a group. But I have not had a single issue with my card or the app at four different theaters.

I got my card around the first week of 2018 and I've seen 21 movies with it so far. A lot of things I would not have otherwise seen, if I'm going to be honest about it.

thanks for this thread. I got my MoviePass in 5 days and used it for the first time today at an independent film theater. No problems at all. I am thrilled because I am on disability and cannot afford to go to the movies but I can afford $10 a month. I plan to get more than my money's worth from this card!

I LOVE Movie Pass. I got mine through Costco. I have seen so many more movies IN the theater. The last time I went to the movies this often was when I was still single and my local AMC had a dollar theater where I could see movies that were only 1-2 months old. I also love that I have been able to accumulate points with the Showbiz Theater Rewards while using MP.

Well, it was a good thing while it lasted. Has anyone seen a Showtime that doesn't have peak pricing since they instituted the changes? All times at our local theaters have been peak all week long, even early on weekdays.

I'm canceling. If I have to pay $5 extra per ticket I might as well switch to the AMC plan.

Well, it was a good thing while it lasted. Has anyone seen a Showtime that doesn't have peak pricing since they instituted the changes? All times at our local theaters have been peak all week long, even early on weekdays.

I'm canceling. If I have to pay $5 extra per ticket I might as well switch to the AMC plan.
I canceled and switched to AMC when AMC announced theirs. I only go to AMCs and the convenience of their plan made it a big pro to switch.

Last edited:

Same here. DH and I usually go to the last show of the evening on weekdays and every movie had peak pricing. We’re switching to the AMC plan as well.

We went to see Mamma Mia last night on opening night with no problem. Dd was concerned since it was first showing on opening night it might be a problem but we didn’t have a problem and met her bffs parents and they didn’t have a problem either.

We went to see Mamma Mia last night on opening night with no problem. Dd was concerned since it was first showing on opening night it might be a problem but we didn’t have a problem and met her bffs parents and they didn’t have a problem either.

Has MoviePass instituted peak pricing in your area yet? My DD lives in Orlando and it hasn’t been introduced there yet. I told her to enjoy it while it lasts.

Not here, all is still the same here.

Do you have monthly or annual membership? It won't affect annual members until time to renew.

What has really ticked me off is when I clicked to check in to a showing that was marked non peak a box came up and said that if they decided after I checked in to change it to peak I would still be charged the fee. So even if you check in to a non peak showing you may still be charged.

Sure enough, 10 minutes later when I looked at the app again, that showing had changed to peak..approximately 5 minutes before starting. How many people are checking in to nom peak shows then getting charged retroactively? That doesn't sit well with me at all.

Has MoviePass instituted peak pricing in your area yet? My DD lives in Orlando and it hasn’t been introduced there yet. I told her to enjoy it while it lasts.

I got the yearly plan in November. Haven’t seen it here in south jersey I looked at Philadelphia area and it doesn’t come up maybe because I have the yearly plan I can’t see it. Once my yearly plan runs out than I will have to pay peak pricing if movie pass is still around. No amc by me.

Anybody tried Sinemia? We have thought about switching, but the app gets really bad reviews, other than the positive reviews which seem kinda fake.

I got the yearly plan in November. Haven’t seen it here in south jersey I looked at Philadelphia area and it doesn’t come up maybe because I have the yearly plan I can’t see it. Once my yearly plan runs out than I will have to pay peak pricing if movie pass is still around. No amc by me.

I read that yearly plans are excluded until renewal time. Enjoy!

It was great for us while it lasted. The AMC plan works better for us, even at 2x the price, because it allows us to reserve tickets ahead of time for the theatre most convenient to us.

No peak charges here in NM yet, but we do have to take a picture of tickets and send to them. And can't see movies twice. Glad we didn't go for an annual membership, don't think it will be around much longer. We'll just go back to waiting until most of them come out on Amazon etc to rent.

Peak pricing has started in Maine but hasn't been a problem. We can flexible of what show we see and when which I know doesn't work for everyone. If we see just 2 movies a month we are ahead. This month I have seen 5.

Do you have monthly or annual membership? It won't affect annual members until time to renew.

What has really ticked me off is when I clicked to check in to a showing that was marked non peak a box came up and said that if they decided after I checked in to change it to peak I would still be charged the fee. So even if you check in to a non peak showing you may still be charged.

Sure enough, 10 minutes later when I looked at the app again, that showing had changed to peak..approximately 5 minutes before starting. How many people are checking in to nom peak shows then getting charged retroactively? That doesn't sit well with me at all.

It’s my dd membership, but she pays monthly so I assume she is on a monthly plan?

Oh heck no! I hope the news agencies have a field day with that! I will definitely cancel if that starts happening. What other consumer service product can charge you retroactively? “Hey, you already bought our Starbucks, Chevy, football ticket, (insert any thing you want) & it has become really popular, so now we want more money from you too”. Can you imagine Disney stopping people at the gate & saying yea, you have a ticket, but it’s crowded so give us more now. Yes, I know they do tier pricing, but it is before you buy the product, not after. No one in their right mind would put up with that.

Welp, It’s been a great time with moviepass guys...

...it seems like they are out of money.

EDIT: cards are not being authorized, so the service is down. RIP

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1040792/000121390018009741/f8k072618_heliosmatheson.htm

On July 27, 2018, the Company issued a demand note (the “Demand Note”) to the Holder in the principal amount of $6,200,000, which includes $5.0 million in cash borrowed by the Company from the Holder and $1.2 million of original issue discount. No additional interest will accrue under the Demand Note aside from any Late Charges (as defined in the Demand Note) upon the failure to pay outstanding amounts under the Demand Note. The Holder may make a demand for full payment of the Demand Note from and after (x) with respect to up to $3,100,000 of the principal outstanding under the Demand Note (the “Initial Principal”), August 1, 2018 or (y) with respect to any other amounts then outstanding under the Demand Note, August 5, 2018. Upon demand, the Company is also required to pay to the Holder any sum required to cover the costs and expenses incurred by the Holder in connection with the drafting and negotiation of the Demand Note as well as all costs and expenses of any enforcement or collection of the Demand Note, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys’ fees, expenses and disbursements. All proceeds received by the Company on or after July 31, 2018 from sales of common stock under its outstanding at-the-market offering (the “ATM Offering”) pursuant to the Equity Distribution Agreement, dated as of April 18, 2018 (the “Equity Distribution Agreement”) between the Company and Canaccord Genuity LLC, must be applied against any Initial Principal until no Initial Principal remains outstanding, and thereafter, against any remaining amounts due under the Demand Note. The Demand Note’s principal, together with accrued and unpaid Late Charges may be prepaid by the Company without penalty. With the agreement of the Holder, principal and accrued and unpaid Late Charges on the Demand Note may be applied to all, or any part, of the purchase price of securities to be issued upon the consummation, after July 27, 2018, of an offering of securities by the Company to the Holder. Any amount of principal or other amounts due which is not paid when due (a “Payment Default”) will result in a late charge being incurred and payable by the Company to the Holder in an amount equal to interest on such amount as the rate of 15% per year from the date such amount was due until the same is paid in full. If a Payment Default remains outstanding for a period of 48 hours, Holder may require the Company to redeem all or a portion of the Demand Note at a redemption price of 130%.

The $5.0 million cash proceeds received from the Demand Note will be used by the Company to pay the Company’s merchant and fulfillment processors. If the Company is unable to make required payments to its merchant and fulfillment processors, the merchant and fulfillment processors may cease processing payments for MoviePass, Inc. (“MoviePass”), which would cause a MoviePass service interruption. Such a service interruption occurred on July 26, 2018. Such service interruptions could have a material adverse effect on MoviePass' ability to retain its subscribers. This would have an adverse effect on the Company’s financial position and results of operations.

MoviePass will execute a guaranty (the “MoviePass Demand Note Guaranty”) pursuant to which MoviePass guarantees the punctual payment of the Demand Note, including, without limitation, all principal, interest and other amounts that accrue after the commencement of any insolvency proceeding of the Company or MoviePass, whether or not the payment of such interest and/or other amounts are enforceable or are allowable and agrees to pay any and all costs and expenses (including counsel fees and expenses) incurred by the Holder in enforcing any rights under the MoviePass Demand Note Guaranty or the Demand Note.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter