Movie choice for Disney

No, its just Avatar is a very exciting movie. The age part was just a general reference to movies will be appropriate for different age groups, not directed to you at all. Example, Frozen probably wouldn't suit the same audience as pirates of the carribean. I typed quickly from work and it didn't come out very well.

Just because a movie has a lot of action and/or CGI and/or aliens does not make it exciting to everybody. I get turned off if a movie is hackneyed, with cliched characters, a story I've seen a hundred times, clanking dialogue, etc. After about 1.5 hours of what I considered to be a very boring Avatar, I stopped. I did not care about the characters, the resolution of the plot, etc.

I've never understood why people complain about that all the time. The word has history in regards to engineering. It's not like Cameron made it up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unobtainium

To me it explains why it is so precious as it likely solved many, many issues in design versus implementation. Why the objections?

That's quite interesting. I didn't know it had a history beyond comics. I just thought it was a stupid word made up by lazy writers. Like, couldn't they have come up with a unique mineral name?

Knowing the history of the word is cool, but I still think it was lazy.

That's quite interesting. I didn't know it had a history beyond comics. I just thought it was a stupid word made up by lazy writers. Like, couldn't they have come up with a unique mineral name?

Knowing the history of the word is cool, but I still think it was lazy.

Well, maybe lazy, or perhaps purposeful? It certainly isn't something that ruins the movie for me, though I quite enjoy it overall. Maybe it's possible that the mineral does have an official chemical name, and that "Unobtanium" is a marketing name. Remember, the name comes from the Corporate shill character, so maybe that's just what they sell it as.

What Disney movies would you have the family watch before they go to Walt Disney World in December...figured it would make it fun thanks
The fab five don't have many big movies, but make sure the kids have seen a few of their cartoons. There are really good contemporary Mickey cartoons to see. If you do a web search of "Mickey contemporary cartoons" you'll find some online samples to share.

As for feature films, Winnie the Pooh, Cinderella, Alice in Wonderland, Snow White, Frozen and Star Wars would be the basics to ensure the family is familiar with the main characters & attractions they'll see, although naturally, you could add more, such as Beauty and the Beast, The Lion King, Peter Pan, Finding Nemo, Mary Poppins, The Little Mermaid, and so forth.

Last edited:
The fab five don't have any big movies, but make sure the kids have seen a few of their cartoons.

Goofy had A Goofy Movie - it was a theatrical release. It's also clearly the best movie ever made. I recommend that to the OP.

It is weird that that is the only actual full-length theatrical release in which any of the Fab Five is in a starring role. Mickey's in Fantasia, but only the one segment. The rest are all shorts and straight-to-video offerings.

Are you saying something is wrong with me because I didn't like a movie? That's a rude thing to say. People do have different tastes. I am 32 now, so I was 20-something when I tried watching. What is the ideal age for watching Avatar?
You are not alone, I watched it and found it to be just okay. I actually liked the technical part of how the movie scenes etc. much more then the movie itself.

I'm not sure my 9 year old is ready for the end action scene with the melting faces, but I definitely want him to see the opening sequence before he sees the stunt show.

I saw this in theater I was 6-7 I think. Yeah that scared me for a very long time. My grandmother took me and my dad was really upset about it. Lol!

I saw this in theater I was 6-7 I think. Yeah that scared me for a very long time. My grandmother took me and my dad was really upset about it. Lol!

Wow! :p I saw it when I was 8 in the theater and I'm STILL in love with Indiana Jones! iiinnnnddddyyyyy.....!!!!!!!!!!!! :bitelip::bitelip::bitelip:

• The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Once & Twice Upon a Christmas
  • Frozen
  • Prep and Landing 1&2
  • Mickey's Christmas Carol

My 6 year old daughter liked it. She wants to watch again.

My 43 years old self practically has the live action B&TB on replay.

I felt like it was okay. It was sort of a Pocahontas and ferngully combined. I didn't love it because I knew the story already. Nothing new. But I did watch it at home, so the visuals were okay but not breathtaking as my husband says they were in the IMAX 3D theater he saw it in. Lol!!

Or Dances With Wolves in space. It was beautiful, but it was pretty much a retread of a dozen other movies. I am excited to see the new land, though, so maybe I'll give it another go before our next trip.

As to the OP, do you have a list of must-rides? Maybe pair your movie list to that?

I only have a short list so far for us. I tried to pick something that represents each park, so I have Pirates of the Caribbean for MK, Toy Story for DHS, Ratatouille for Epcot (okay, that's a stretch since the ride in France is years away, but even my 5-year-old is sick of Frozen), and Lion King for AK.

We watch The 3 Caballero's before every tip. I can't believe no one else has Mentioned it. Gets us right in the mood because, as bad as it sounds, we love the Gran Fiesta Tour ride.

Or Dances With Wolves in space. It was beautiful, but it was pretty much a retread of a dozen other movies. I am excited to see the new land, though, so maybe I'll give it another go before our next trip.

As to the OP, do you have a list of must-rides? Maybe pair your movie list to that?

I only have a short list so far for us. I tried to pick something that represents each park, so I have Pirates of the Caribbean for MK, Toy Story for DHS, Ratatouille for Epcot (okay, that's a stretch since the ride in France is years away, but even my 5-year-old is sick of Frozen), and Lion King for AK.

I agree I am super excited about new land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter