• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mousesavers reporting a huge deal for first half of 2009 coming tomorrow!

Ok we are booked for Jan 31-Feb 7th. The ASMu family suite wasnt available but there were two ASMo rooms available, 3 PO rooms available and two AK lodge savannah rooms available. It was only 1000 more for AK and the beds are queen not double, cant beat the location(balcony savannah view) and the kids are busting a gut! Daddy is feeling like a king :rotfl2:

Now, mama has to pick the DDP selections and make ADR's. Woohoooo!:scared1:

rt2dz: You are so smart! I'd totally forgotten about the extremely clever method of buying the MYW at a discount, then upgrading it after one use. But I was totally unaware of the AAA South discounts. Great info. Thanks.

Can you explain the ticket and how you use it once and them upgrade. I thought that you didn't use it and you go to guest services and they take it off the card and you can use it to renew your next AP?:goodvibes

thanks

Can you explain the ticket and how you use it once and them upgrade. I thought that you didn't use it and you go to guest services and they take it off the card and you can use it to renew your next AP?:goodvibes

thanks

Just use it to enter the park on your first day, go straight to Guest Relations and tell them that you want to upgrade the ticket to an AP, they then do al their magic and you pay any extra and they hand you a paperticket in a cute little folder that tells about all the AP discounts available to you.

If you eat at alot of table service places and at the counter service locations at your resort, I would also suggest paying the $65 for the Table in Wonderland card, which will save you 20% at participating locations.

Suzanne

Are you going to the Marathon ?? I am too!!! Let's chat about this event!!
This is going to be my first time....running a Marathon!!! I'm in training and it's going slow...but so far, I'm up to running about 10 miles at most. But the program does allow me to walk 2 minutes in every mile.

Maybe we can meet up and get some nice photos to show Cafe Moms meeting up and finishing the Disney Marathon!!! Please do write back and tell me more about you and your training. Thanks....Cathy

Just use it to enter the park on your first day, go straight to Guest Relations and tell them that you want to upgrade the ticket to an AP, they then do al their magic and you pay any extra and they hand you a paperticket in a cute little folder that tells about all the AP discounts available to you.

If you eat at alot of table service places and at the counter service locations at your resort, I would also suggest paying the $65 for the Table in Wonderland card, which will save you 20% at participating locations.

Suzanne

So the cost of that ticket (approx $80) is deducted from the cost of the renewal by showing them the little paperticket?:3dglasses

This promo totally saved us money. We had planned a 9 day trip to Swan to take advantage of corporate rates at the end of June. With work discounts and tickets, it would have cost us $2900. But we are now booked at WL for 7 nights and 3 nights at Swan, and it is costing $2600, plus we are able to sign up for the Dining Plan. So yeah, I'm "only* saving $300, but I am comparing to an already discounted rate.

I suppose I could have switched my whole reservation to a value resort and saved $1,000, but since this is our first trip, and I'm a business traveler, I wanted a deluxe room.

Congrats if you saved $$$$ with a value package. That's pretty awesome.

So the cost of that ticket (approx $80) is deducted from the cost of the renewal by showing them the little paperticket?:3dglasses

Yes, it should, I haven't done it yet, but that is how I read it is done. I am assuming you only bought a 1 day base ticket?

Suzanne

Suzanne

Just want to add, that if you are using any dining plan, your credits may temporarily disappear because guest relations aren't always the greatest about separating the ticket before the upgrade. You'll get your dining credits back, but it takes time and is really inconvenient when you discover it while trying to pay. It is better to go to concierge and have them put your tickets on a separate media from your room key.

Just want to add, that if you are using any dining plan, your credits may temporarily disappear because guest relations aren't always the greatest about separating the ticket before the upgrade. You'll get your dining credits back, but it takes time and is really inconvenient when you discover it while trying to pay. It is better to go to concierge and have them put your tickets on a separate media from your room key.

If you are not ready to renew your AP do you just hold on to the little paper ticket. where is the conceirge, at your resort:goodvibes

Yes, exactly. I totally did this just two weeks ago. DH gets a great discount on certain tickets through his HR department. I bought those tickets and then used them, upgrading to APs. Saved several hundred dollars for our family of 5, especially since I purchased them before price increases. And the kids will get 3 trips off of them, DH will get 4 trips. Unfortunately, I’m on a different AP schedule, but I’ll still get 3 trips out of my last AP. Clever scheduling of trips.

If you are not ready to renew your AP do you just hold on to the little paper ticket. where is the conceirge, at your resort:goodvibes

Yes. Just hold on to the little paper ticket until you are ready to either renew or buy a new AP outright. Concierge is at the front desk area, they usually have a separate little desk. Keep in mind, when you renew an AP you are essentially getting 11 months for the price of 12. If your trip will be more than 30 days after expiration of your AP, it is really more cost effective to purchase a brand new AP at the start of your next trip. Less than 30 days, you get a deal. At 30-31 days you break even. At 32 days, you start losing money by renewing.

Original 8 night 9 days myw with parkhoppers and delux dining at the Poly garden view Feb 24-Mar 4 $6169, after b4g3 $4468 and $200 gc.
Total savings $1901.
:cool1: :cool1: :dance3: :dance3: :cheer2: :cheer2:

I have 7/4 on old for a SS 2BR villa in late April w/ 7-day hoppers. Some of us need tix and some already have them or were planning on purchasing APs before this 7/4 deal was announced yesterday.

My question is: if I drop us all back to 1-day base tix on the package, then when we get there can we each USE those tickets to get into a park on day 1 and then upgrade to the types of tickets we each want, even if we want to upgrade to different things? For example, can my brother upgrade to a 7-day PH and my husband to a 7-day PH w water park option, while I upgrade to an AP and my dad to a florida resident season pass (yes, he really is a resident).

We were planning this trip for November 2009 and I haven't run the #s yet to see if the April deal really is better than November 2009 with AP discounts or free dining or renting DVC points (of course, we'd be gambling that one of those will pop up in November like usual)

Also -- any educated guesses on crowd levels one full week AFTER Easter? i.e. Easter is 4/12...we'd get there 4/19. I think most Spring breaks are over by then but I'm st guessing.

Thanks! Jackie

I have 7/4 on old for a SS 2BR villa in late April w/ 7-day hoppers. Some of us need tix and some already have them or were planning on purchasing APs before this 7/4 deal was announced yesterday.

My question is: if I drop us all back to 1-day base tix on the package, then when we get there can we each USE those tickets to get into a park on day 1 and then upgrade to the types of tickets we each want, even if we want to upgrade to different things? For example, can my brother upgrade to a 7-day PH and my husband to a 7-day PH w water park option, while I upgrade to an AP and my dad to a florida resident season pass (yes, he really is a resident).

We were planning this trip for November 2009 and I haven't run the #s yet to see if the April deal really is better than November 2009 with AP discounts or free dining or renting DVC points (of course, we'd be gambling that one of those will pop up in November like usual)

Also -- any educated guesses on crowd levels one full week AFTER Easter? i.e. Easter is 4/12...we'd get there 4/19. I think most Spring breaks are over by then but I'm st guessing.

Thanks! Jackie

Yes, you can purchase the 1 day base tickets and then upgrade each ticket individually. Personally, I'd buy for everyone the cheapest ticket wanted. For example, if the cheapest ticket is the 7 day base, order everyone that (at the cost of a 4 day ticket--not much savings, but every dollar helps) and then do the upgrades from there.

Yes, exactly. I totally did this just two weeks ago. DH gets a great discount on certain tickets through his HR department. I bought those tickets and then used them, upgrading to APs. Saved several hundred dollars for our family of 5, especially since I purchased them before price increases. And the kids will get 3 trips off of them, DH will get 4 trips. Unfortunately, I’m on a different AP schedule, but I’ll still get 3 trips out of my last AP. Clever scheduling of trips.

The key is that you have to USE them first and THEN upgrade them (within 14 days of 1st use). The reason is that if you try and upgrade an unused 1-day ticket you only get the "trade-in" value of what a 1-day ticket was worth *when you bought it*. If you USE the ticket first then go to guest services to upgrade, you get the trade in value equal to whatever the ticket is worth THAT day (and because ticket prices increase usually each year, you want today's value of a ticket applied to your upgraded, not the lesser amount that you paid for it.

There is a pretty good explanation of this on the allearsnet ticket FAQ page.

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter