Mousekeeping "Math" Cleaning Cycles Question

Little E

DIS Veteran
Hi Disfriends!

DVC mousekeeping question...

We are scheduled to check in to AKL-Kidani one bedroom on March 22, and we check out on March 23rd. We transfer on March 23 to VGF two bedroom on that day, and our stay at VGF is from March 23-31. So, we have one night at AKL and eight nights at VGF.

Is my thinking correct in that since we have two separate DVC bookings, we will be on two separate mousekeeping cycles? I'm thinking/hoping that our mousekeeping cycle starts over when we check in to VGF? Is my thinking correct that we can expect a full mousekeeping on day four of our VGF stay, which would be March 26? And we can expect trash/towel service on day eight, which would be March 30?

I want to add mousekeeping to our VGF stay so that we get a cleaning roughly every other day because I'm living with DH, DS 21, DS 18, and DS's 17 during this trip. I love them, but boys=gross, and mousekeeping is part of the vacation for me! :crazy2::) I just want to make sure my mousekeeping "math" is correct before I request mousekeeping for specific days.

If I'm not thinking correctly about this, can you set me straight on my mousekeeping math? I'm hoping that our AKL booking doesn't factor in to the VGF booking in terms of mousekeeping cycles.

TIA!

Is my thinking correct in that since we have two separate DVC bookings, we will be on two separate mousekeeping cycles? I'm thinking/hoping that our mousekeeping cycle starts over when we check in to VGF? Is my thinking correct that we can expect a full mousekeeping on day four of our VGF stay, which would be March 26? And we can expect trash/towel service on day eight, which would be March 30?
Correct on all points.

And we can expect trash/towel service on day eight, which would be March 30?
Don't be surprised if you get trash service nearly every day. Mousekeeping stopped daily at CCV in July, often waking us up as we napped or recovered from the heat.

The daily service is actually part of a security and safety check, but they will usually empty the trash and recycling. They were also able to give us fresh towels when we asked.

We were in BLT, last week. We check in on Sunday and checked out on Sunday. We had trash pick up every day and towels on fourth day - Wednesday- and nothing else. No full cleaning. I called to double check to leave proper tip. I was told if I had stayed until Monday, I’d get a full cleaning.

At AKL, on towel day, again Wednesday, not only did they replace towels, we had left a few dishes in sink. They loaded them and the coffee pot and ran dishwasher. Never had anyone midweek load dishwasher. This week we are leaving on Saturday so didn’t expect full cleaning.

We were in BLT, last week. We check in on Sunday and checked out on Sunday. We had trash pick up every day and towels on fourth day - Wednesday- and nothing else. No full cleaning. I called to double check to leave proper tip. I was told if I had stayed until Monday, I’d get a full cleaning.

At AKL, on towel day, again Wednesday, not only did they replace towels, we had left a few dishes in sink. They loaded them and the coffee pot and ran dishwasher. Never had anyone midweek load dishwasher. This week we are leaving on Saturday so didn’t expect full cleaning.

We have never had anyone do the dishwasher either on a T & T day...but a full cleaning only happens for an 8 night stay or longer so that is why you didn't get one for a Sunday to Sunday stay as its 7 nights.

We have never had anyone do the dishwasher either on a T & T day...but a full cleaning only happens for an 8 night stay or longer so that is why you didn't get one for a Sunday to Sunday stay as its 7 nights.
Ok. I was counting it as 8 days.

I just returned from a week at BCV. Our trash was emptied on day 2. We received trash and towel on day 4. That was the last of our trash service. Perhaps the security protocols aren't as strict at BCV.

We stayed 3 nights at SSR last week and had trash service on day 2. He told me he had to do it at 4:30 every day. Well, ok, lol. I was not upset he was there and knew it was a security check.

Piggybacking on this. If we have a 15 night stay does that mean towels and trash on days 4 and 12 and full cleaning on day 8 (what I am hoping for) or would it be full cleaning on days 4 and 12 and towels and trash on day 8?

Piggybacking on this. If we have a 15 night stay does that mean towels and trash on days 4 and 12 and full cleaning on day 8 (what I am hoping for) or would it be full cleaning on days 4 and 12 and towels and trash on day 8?
Right from the site, you will get a full cleaning on nights 4 and 12 (is there a reason you'd rather have full cleaning on night 8, which would be less times your room got cleaned?).
Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

• Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive partial service every other day.

I think you have it backwards. You get Trash and Towel on Day 4, which as you say is the 26th. You would get full cleaning on day eight, which would be the 30th if I am counting right.
See my post above, any stay for 8 or more nights has the full cleaning on the 4th day, trash and towel on the 8th day with the cycle continuing. Check-in day is day #1 so full cleaning for the OP would be 26th and Trash and towel on the 30th.
Right from the site, you will get a full cleaning on nights 4 and 12 (is there a reason you'd rather have full cleaning on night 8, which would be less times your room got cleaned?).
Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

• Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive partial service every other day.

Thank you for doing the research I should have done ;-)

We aren't messy people and there are only 2 of us. We'd rather only "have" to be out of the room for one cleaning vs 2.

We aren't messy people and there are only 2 of us. We'd rather only "have" to be out of the room for one cleaning vs 2.
I’d assume you can decline service if they show up at the door. They may not reschedule you but I assume they would be willing to not do the cleaning at all.

If you want to request extra paid housekeeping, how does one set that uo?
You can ask MS to put in the request before you arrive. You can also just call housekeeping (one of the buttons on the phone in the room) once you are in the room and give it your extra housekeeping request. If you just want some extra day later in your stay, you just need to make that call to housekeeping by no later than the day before you want the service.

Last edited:

Once you're there you can call housekeeping from your room and let them know that you prefer only 1 full cleaning during your stay, and you should be able to select the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter