Mousekeeping.....Is it just me?

I don't trust the housekeeping with toothbrush and personal items around. I have to pack and unpack every night if a housekeeper has to come in. So I am happy that there is no daily service at DVC too.

I LOVE the lack of daily housekeeping! I feel like I can do as much or as little as I like and be perfectly happy. No needing to worry about housekeeping walking in when you don't want them to. It's so easy to quickly make the bed in the morning (takes like 15 seconds). It's more of a "home away from home" that way.

I would love every 3 days. I do not need it daily, but I hate vacuuming, washing towels, doing the dishes, and I HATE that I have to pack coffee to have enough for a week.

I am fine without daily, but 65$ an extra 2 times during the trip is a lot. They charge significantly more than it would cost, if it was "guaranteed"/ included.

1 selling point on split staying, is clean new room.

I would also do away with trash and towel service or at least make it optional - waive out at check in (on line or at front desk). I know we can put the DND sign on door. But they could operate more efficiently if they knew in advance.

I LOVE that idea! Many other timeshares only have a towel exchange midweek, and you have to bring them in yourself. I see no problem with doing that at DVC. Maybe if they went to that policy, we could have the housekeepers doing better cleaning before we move in!

I would also do away with trash and towel service or at least make it optional - waive out at check in (on line or at front desk). I know we can put the DND sign on door. But they could operate more efficiently if they knew in advance.

I've sent a similar suggestion a few years ago. I suggested that they could give the guest the option to opt out of either of both (t&t and full cleaning). I received an email thanking me for the suggestion and they will definitely forward my comment to the appropriate department. Years later, still the same. Perhaps if more people suggested it, they may take the suggestion seriously.

However, I do appreciate them dropping off baskets of linens and supplies at the door so that I can just easily exchange what I need - I usually just take some towels and put the dirty towels in the bags they provide. That works for me!:)

Not having daily housekeeping was one of the main selling points for my wife and I. The last time we were at WDW (staying a CSR) no matter what time we went back in the afternoon (1-4pm) 5/6 out of our 10 days, room was being serviced. The lady was nice and would always give us the few minutes we needed to change/get what we needed, but I always felt like we got into her way.

I don't use a new towel every day nor do I mind making my bed daily at home so vacation is no different! I like the privacy!

I wash and dry the resort towels every other day since we do travel with an asst. of characters!

I too love this idea. We also leave the DND card on the door because we really don't need that service. We do it all ourselves. I don't mind straightening up each morning and evening. But there have been trips when housekeeping has come into the room anyway so it would be very nice to be able to just cancel it at check in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter