mousekeeping envelopes

bdpa

<font color=red>Disney Lover
:confused: Can anyone tell me where I can find the envelopes for mousekeeping? I thought I had seen a link somewhere. Now, I can't find it. thanks for your help!

At the risk of sounding ignorant.... How does the mousekeeping envelope thing work?
I would really like to try this, but I have no idea how! HELP!!:confused:

:) TiggerPoo, I don't know how either. If you figure it out - let me know!! Thanks for the quick response Mimi70!!

We place a $1-2/ person in the room into an envelope with "Mousekeeping" on the front of it. We place the envelope in the bathroom where it is obvious it's for the maid. If you place it out in the room like on the desk, they are instructred not to disturbe it, and therefore not take it. That's why we place ours in the bathroom. We do this daily through out the trip. This is tipping them for their service just like the baggage handlers, skycaps, towncare drivers, etc. However, we we receive in return is wonderful from the maids. Evertime they have left extra shampoos and other amenadies, towels, arrangements of the kids stuffed animals on their beds, and they can make the cutest towel animals for the kids. Also remember, that they don't make "big bucks" doing this for a living, and so every little bit helps them.

Thanks on where to put the envelope - I would have put it on the desk! But.... I'm not very computer savvy - How do you print these out? :confused: This site is great - thanks for answering all my silly questions.

It is sooo worth leaving the tip daily for the housekeepers. My kids would rush back to see how their stuffed animals would be set up. Sometimes they would be in the window. The extra towels and other extras are worth it too. Most people leave it at the end of the vacation. I would suggest daily!!

:bounce: Can some one help bdpa and I and tell us how to print these wonderful envelopes out??

I think that it's a really nice thing to do for housekeeping. Do they get to keep the tip or do they turn it in and split it?

I'd like to know how to do these too. They are cute. Please post directions for those of uswho aren't as computer savy.:confused:

depending on what kind of printer you have, just put an envelope in the printer and print! It sounds easy, but when I printed mine, I tried using a small envelope, but it cut off the graphic, so I used a long envelope. On your printer, you should have a little icon of an envelope and just slide it in where you usually put your paper and then hit print.

I hope I have helped...and not confused everyone!

Those tips sure do make a difference. Our room at the WL had so many personal touches when we returned! :)

I'll add on to what PixieBelle has said...

The graphics are set up to print on #10 envelopes. The graphics you choose are downloadable to Microsoft Word, so you can use the Envelopes option in MS Word to print the graphic on your envelope according to your printer's instructions.

Do post back or PM me if you have any problems! :)

I do not "print" well with envelopes.
I was in A&P food store. I found pre-made envelopes with
pooh, tigger, piglet and eyore printed on them.

Since we are staying at the Dolphin (Westin-Shraton), I just wrote
Housekeeping on them.

I like the hint of leaving the envelopes in the bathroom ;)

For a family of 4, DH, DW, DS & DD - would $5 a day be OK to leave
for housekeeping services ?

Here's how I did it. I clicked on the link to Heidi's site. The images popped up and I clicked on the words"Microsoft Word File" under one of the images. (I usually had to click a couple times for it to come up.) Then when the file down load box popped on, I chose "OPEN". Once the enlarged image came on my screen, I went to "file" in the upper left hand corner and selected "print". On the printer box I went into properties and selected "#10 envelope and clicked print at the bottom. And IT ACTUALLY WORKED!! Sometimes, I amaze MYSELF!! LOL.

Just print this up so you can have it to look at while your working with the images.

Hope this helps!

Here's how I did it. I clicked on the link to Heidi's site. The images popped up and I clicked on the words"Microsoft Word File" under one of the images. (I usually had to click a couple times for it to come up.) Then when the file down load box popped on, I chose "OPEN". Once the enlarged image came on my screen, I went to "file" in the upper left hand corner and selected "print". On the printer box I went into properties and selected "#10 envelope and clicked print at the bottom. And IT ACTUALLY WORKED!! Sometimes, I amaze MYSELF!! LOL.

Just print this up so you can have it to look at while you're working with the images.

Hope this helps!

For this wonderful little idea..I just printed out my envelopes, and they are so cute. I got carried away and printed everyone of them...I love them!!! Thank you for this suggestion.

Anny:pinkbounc :pinkbounc :pinkbounc

Just printed out a bunch of these cute envelopes. I used the Microsoft Word option under the pictures, then just went to file and printed! We used these last year for the maids, and they loved them. We left one each morning on the sink mirror.:)

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Can anyone give me some instructions on how to print them out from WordPerfect? I don't have word on the computer with the printer. (I do on the one w/o a printer!) I can't figure out how to do it for the life of me! Thanks:earsgirl:

DizneyPrincess its easy to print them out in WP. Go to Heidi's site and download the BMP images instead of the MS Word ones into a folder on your computer. Open WP goto FORMAT then ENVELOPES. You will have a #10 envelope showing. Now goto INSERT, and near the bottom of the pull down you will see FILE. Click on that find the folder that you downloaded the image into and double click on it. The image will appear on the envelope face now. Resize it to fit you needs. Save it as a unique name. Put an envelope into the printer and print it out.

These are great, and I did get mine to print, thanks to the helpful hints. But just thought that if you couldnt' get them to print--just print off on paper and tape them on envelopes. I think it would work the same. ---Just a thought. I have mine printed and will fill them before we leave for our trip. They are cute. Thanks for idea.

This is so cool! I didn't have large envelopes so I selected postcard and it centered on the small envelopes. I always have my DD do everything for me,she'll never believe I did this myself(LOL)! Thanks for the easy to follow directions. Susan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter