• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mouse watchers and resos going in <20 seconds

maeK89

Earning My Ears
Hey all,

I've had no luck hunting for a Topolino reservation for my trip next week over the last few months so I paid for mouse watchers. I've had a few notifications that a reso is available and I'm on the site in like 10 seconds but they're always gone by the time I get there. Am I missing something? Are people just really that quick?

Yes, I suspect people are really that quick. There could be dozens of people stalking a similar date/time to yours, and they might be notified by the same app at the same time, or even stumble onto it while on the Disney site. I'm less than 50% actually getting a reservation I've been notified about by an alert app.

I used a different service several years ago and I received the notification long after they sent it. So maybe other people are getting the notification faster than you? That would be a technology issue which is way over my head.

People might be that quick....or your cell service could be delayed and others are getting the text faster than you. Have you tried Touring Plans ADR finder? It's free and I've always had good luck with it.

I got the exact California Grill ADR that we were looking for next Friday by using the Touring Plans system

I had better luck with mouse watcher over mouse dining or TP last year. But ymmv, and who knows which is faster now. I found that TP was always gone when I got a message, and I got more messages for MW over TP. Wouldn’t hurt to setup the free TP. MD seemed to be the worst for me, but YMMV.

Definitely try multiple sites and if you can different phones. When i sell and item on eBay my wife gets the notifications 10-30 seconds before me every single time. Same model of phone, same cell service same plan.

also nothing beats manually checking across multiple specific hours frequently. I have seen listings I had alerts set for become available, booked, then got an alert like an hour later. Cancelled some when a better time became available and multiple hours later I have gotten alerts. So, definitely better to just check yourself, though sometimes the alerts come through right away, ime, not always by a long shot.

I use touring plans and I just got a notification that a reservation for Tropolinos for this Sunday night became available. I grabbed it right away.

I've gotten many hard to get reservations using their free service.

Leaving for Disney tomorrow!!

Does Touring Plans not provide alerts for the Fantasmic! dining packages? I’m not seeing it listed as an option in their Dining Reservation Finder. Unless I’m missing it?3

I've had better luck with MW, but it is that fast... have to stay on top of the phone and immediately click link.

Touring Plans reservation finder wasn't any help to me this time at all, unfortunately. I was trying for 'Ohana. Got two different alerts from TP, but by the time I logged into my info (took mere seconds), both were shown as "no longer available"

Hey all,

I've had no luck hunting for a Topolino reservation for my trip next week over the last few months so I paid for mouse watchers. I've had a few notifications that a reso is available and I'm on the site in like 10 seconds but they're always gone by the time I get there. Am I missing something? Are people just really that quick?

Just a guess, but you are very more than likely to NOT be the first one getting that same notification, and also, other people are making reservations on the site and stumbling across timeslots as well. It's probably you and several hundred of your closest friends looking for the same time slot. If it's a popular place, and a popular time, you are not the only person trying to get the ADR. Tell you what though, after having the same exact thing happen to me 6 or 7 times for different reservations, I started to brush it off after the second time. I use TP's res finder, and have never been been skunked (yet.) It always seems to be at like 4 or 6am, I hear the text notification, and bingo! I don't even worry about "missing" reservations after a notification anymore, another one will pop up (fingers crossed for you.)

Also, remember to check the day before when ppl cancel reservations they are holding.

I used both and gotten ADRs and missed ADRs on both. As the OP noted, when they are available, they go fast.

Hey all,

Try other services. Mouse Dining is free so give that a whirl. Touring Plans also has a reservation finder but not sure if it's free. But to answer your question, yes people are super fast, be sure you select text notifications and not email. If it's email, it's already way too slow.

Also, keep stalking the MDE app (and do it from a computer too) every day until the trip several times throughout your day, early AM, midday, etc. Just keep checking when you have a little down time especially the 24 hour mark when people need to cancel. And last resort, try walkup when you're there.

I have used Mouse Watchers for my upcoming trip later this month. I was able to secure an Ohanas for the date / time I was hoping for through it.

It took the third notification for me to secure it and I thought I was pretty quick responding on the first two.

Try other services. Mouse Dining is free so give that a whirl. Touring Plans also has a reservation finder but not sure if it's free. But to answer your question, yes people are super fast, be sure you select text notifications and not email. If it's email, it's already way too slow.

Also, keep stalking the MDE app (and do it from a computer too) every day until the trip several times throughout your day, early AM, midday, etc. Just keep checking when you have a little down time especially the 24 hour mark when people need to cancel. And last resort, try walkup when you're there.
Touring Plans is free for dining reservation notifications. A subscription is required for hotel room requests.

Touring Plans is free for 2 dining reservation notifications (or more with paid subscription).

I don't know about the others, but at least TP just does "every so often" checking and sends out the notification blasts. IE, TP itself doesn't get notified when a new reservation becomes available, but rather they run a check however often, and then send out notifications if your restaurant/day/time is found. So if you can search yourself, whenever you have a free minute, that often works better. I set the TP finder, but also check.

I had a 12:45pm reservation at Sanaa but really wanted an earlier time - kept checking, got a few notifications but they were gone, etc. Found one at 12:15pm, booked it, then about 15min later I got the TP notification that there was a 12:45pm time slot available (mine that I had dumped:rotfl2:).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter