Motorized Cart rentals

spearenb

DIS Veteran
I saw on here 6 months or so ago about m-cart rentals. Can anyone point me in the right direction here and tell me where I can find that information, if there is any?

My MIL would probably do better touring the parks on one than just hoofing it.

Thanks again.

My MOm rents one we go right at the parks. She is not yet at the point where she needs one full time, but the parks are way too much for her not to have one.

Ditto to what Bill said. Check out the DISabilities board. Lots of great people who can give you all the information you need on getting around.

The ECV rental fee is current;y $40 per day at the parks with $10 returned when you turn in the cart.

Have fun!

You can rent scooters at the parks, although they go quick.

Friends of ours who have travelled with their older parents rented them from 1-800 scooter. They dropped the scooter of at thier hotel nd they had use of it for everywhere. Remember, there can be a lot fo walking at WDW outside of the parks. Sometimes, it can be quite a distance to a bus stop, or to the pool or wherever. I think if I was mobility-impaired, I'd feel better having a scooter that I knew was mine for the whole week, and not running the risk of maybe not being able to rent one.

Hi, spearenb!

ECV's (motorized carts) are available for rental at all of the Disney Theme parks but not Downtown Disney. There is no guarantee that if you park hop there will be an ECV available at the next park and during busy times of the year they go very quickly.

Most of the people on the disABILITIES board recommend renting from an outside vendor, as then you have the ECV at the resort and Downtown Disney. Here's the information our wonderful moderator Sue gives to people who ask.

Off site rental companies
Many people prefer to rent from an off-site company for the length of their stay. This is a list of companies that DIS posters commonly report good experiences with. They are in alphabetical order, in categories.
Full Service Medical Companies can rent wheelchairs, ecvs and other medical equipment/supplies.

* Care Medical:
http://www.caremedicalequipment.com/
Phone (407) 856-2273 • Toll Free U.S and Canada (800) 741-2282
* Colonial Medical
http://www.colonialmed.com/about_cms.html
(800)747-0246
* Walker Mobility:
1-888-726-6837
www.walkermobility.com

Companies that Specialize in Mobility devices (chiefly scooters)

* RANDY'S Mobility is in Kissimmee 407-892-4777
http://randysmobility.com/
* http://www.scootaround.com/ Not much feedback. Several people who reported they had no problems.

Randy's requires that someone be there for delivery and pick up. The rest will deliver to Bell Services and leave it for you.

Hope you have a wonderful trip!

Welcome to the disABILITIES bb! I think your whole trip will be easier on everyone if your MIL uses an ECV. She wil lbe independent & no one will have to push her (like in awheelchair).

I have a knee condition, & I rent an ECV while on vacation at WDW. I would definitely rent an ECV from an off site supplier. I have rented from Walker Mobilitiy several times. Someone else already listed Walker & other companies that rent ECVs.

I started using an ECV at WDW by renting one at each park. I rented from Disney for a few trips & learned over time that renting from Disney presented a few "issues:"

*no guarantee the park will have an ECV regardless of time of day; I was at EPCOT Mother's Day 2002 a half hour after the park opened & no ECVs available at either entrance; another time I entered the Studios in the early afternoon on a weekeday in early December & no ECVs available;

*if you want to park hop there is no guarantee of an ECV at the second park;

*four wheels on a Disney ECV vs. three on off site one (at least the ones I have rented from Walker); three wheels gave me a better turning radius;

*the battery from Walker holds up a whole lot better than Disney one; I can tell you where in each of the four parks where my Disney ECV "died :);"

*if you rent an ECV you will have it every where you want it - the parks, Downtown Disney, other resorts, Sea World, Universal, etc.

As I mentioned I have rented from Walker Mobility. My experiences have been very good. The ECV has been delivered in a timely manner; the battery has lasted all day & night; the cost is similar to Disney & I have the ECV more than just in the parks; etc. Walker provides a battery charger that I use at night.

As for using an ECV - go for it! You have a need & the ECV will make your trip more enjoyable.

I used the busses to the parks. Initially I was hesitant, but the bus drivers were so friendly & very helpful. The bus driver generally closes the front door of the bus first & lets the guest with the ECV on through the back door with a ramp. There are two types of busses. Once you & the ECV are loaded & secure, then other guests are allowed to board the bus.

Have fun & enjoy your trip!!

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

JUST GOT BACK FROM CR LAST MINUTE TRIP CALLED CAREMEDIC AND MADE RESERVATION AND THEY DROPPED IT OFF AT THE FRONT DESK BEFORE I GOT THERE TO CHECK IN .

:earseek:
MY DAD DOESN'T NEED ONE FULL TIME BUT YOU GOT TO PAY FOR IT ANY WAYS SOO YOU SHOULD HAVE IT AVAILABLE ALL DAY AND NIGHT .

:earsgirl: :wave:
VRRRMMMM EVERYWHERE YOU GO

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter