Motion sickness

AustinTink

DIS Veteran
For those of you with motion sickness, how do you fare on Smuggler's run and Rise of the Resistance?

I was worried about motion sickness and back problems for Rise but I felt totally fine. I haven't ridden Smuggler's Run. For comparison, I cannot ride Star Tours because of motion sickness. Most things with video/3d make me feel sick, but Rise was great.

For those of you with motion sickness, how do you fare on Smuggler's run and Rise of the Resistance?
I was okay on both of them. In Smuggler's I did start to feel like I was ready to get off toward the end but I did ride it at last once a day for a 3 day vacation and would do it again. Rise was totally fine for me.

For reference, I will never rise Star Wars in Tomorrowland ever again - it ruined my evening. Same with the barfy side of Pixar Pal-around and Guardian. No thank you.

I was worried about motion sickness and back problems for Rise but I felt totally fine. I haven't ridden Smuggler's Run. For comparison, I cannot ride Star Tours because of motion sickness. Most things with video/3d make me feel sick, but Rise was great.
I think I'm going to try Rise. Not sure about the other one.

I was okay on both of them. In Smuggler's I did start to feel like I was ready to get off toward the end but I did ride it at last once a day for a 3 day vacation and would do it again. Rise was totally fine for me.

For reference, I will never rise Star Wars in Tomorrowland ever again - it ruined my evening. Same with the barfy side of Pixar Pal-around and Guardian. No thank you.
I looked at Smuggler's online and I think it's too much fo me. I can't ride the Harry Potter rides at Universal and this looks very similar in style.

I am not prone to motion sickness at all, at least is what I thought before going to Universal Studios this past weekend. The rides started making me feel really sick (like the Harry Potter and Minions). I do fine on RotR and Smugglers Run. I think it's really up to each person on how you will handle it, so they only way you'll know is by trying. But I think you should be more ok than not.

I get motion sick very easily. Smugglers makes me a bit sick and I have to sit for a bit after. I have zero problems with Rise!

I get motion sick very easily. Smugglers makes me a bit sick and I have to sit for a bit after. I have zero problems with Rise!
Since we only have 2 days in the parks, I'm trying to avoid anything that will dampen my day. I might just pass on Smuggler's.

I don't get motion sick too easily - but both Smugglers and Star Tours get me.

Totally fine on Rise.

As an aside, have any of you motion sickness sufferers tried taking Dramamine non-drowsy for motion sickness? Worked really well for my wife who suffers terribly with it.

I can't do Star Tours. Rise is fine, no issues. Smugglers, I'm OK as long as I'm not a pilot.

I have motion sickness and can ride both ROTR and MFSR without problems. On MRSR, being engineer is easiest for me (furthest away from the screen). Pilot and Gunner positions make me woozy. I ask the CM to put my seat on autopilot so that I can concentrate on looking straight ahead, not back and forth from the buttons to the screen. (Ask quickly -- the CM doesn't have a lot of time to do this.) On ROTR, as long as I have a clear view ahead of me (e.g. not the back of someone's head the whole time), I do fine.

Smugglers Run isn’t as bad for me as star tours….. I can’t ride star tours without keeping my eyes closed 99% of the ride. If I’m the pilot on SR, I do much better, and I think it’s because I keep the ship pretty steady. I was the engineer last time and it made me queasy because my kids were pilots and crashing the ship like maniacs.

Rise doesn’t bother me at all.

I am not prone to motion sickness at all, at least is what I thought before going to Universal Studios this past weekend. The rides started making me feel really sick (like the Harry Potter and Minions). I do fine on RotR and Smugglers Run. I think it's really up to each person on how you will handle it, so they only way you'll know is by trying. But I think you should be more ok than not.

Lord don’t ride The Simpsons ride. #neveragain 🤢

Smugglers Run isn’t as bad for me as star tours….. I can’t ride star tours without keeping my eyes closed 99% of the ride. If I’m the pilot on SR, I do much better, and I think it’s because I keep the ship pretty steady. I was the engineer last time and it made me queasy because my kids were pilots and crashing the ship like maniacs.

Rise doesn’t bother me at all.
How do you request a specific job?

I’m fine on ROTR but have some trouble on SR and sometimes have to close my eyes. Indeed, I had to close my eyes twice on Star Tours yesterday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter