• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mother's Day at the World-- with my Mom!

DrRae2B

Mouseketeer
I just got the confirmation from my Mom that she WILL be accompanying us to WDW next week. She won't be doing EVERYTHING with us, and will most likely be spending her time chilling at the resort, but I'm glad she's able to go with us cause she needs to get away for a while.

But it just occurred to me: Our check-in day is Mother's Day!! I would love to do something nice for her on Mother's day, but what??? I've mulled over a few thoughts, ranging from starting her a Pandora bracelet (a little too pricey), to booking her a spa treatment for that week (have no idea where to begin), to flowers delivered to the room (...boring...), but I just can't decide! My DH has been less than supportive here-- his answer: "She's going with us on vacation... isn't that enough?".

Anyone have any more, uh, helpful ideas??

Thanks in advance.

I just got the confirmation from my Mom that she WILL be accompanying us to WDW next week. She won't be doing EVERYTHING with us, and will most likely be spending her time chilling at the resort, but I'm glad she's able to go with us cause she needs to get away for a while.

But it just occurred to me: Our check-in day is Mother's Day!! I would love to do something nice for her on Mother's day, but what??? I've mulled over a few thoughts, ranging from starting her a Pandora bracelet (a little too pricey), to booking her a spa treatment for that week (have no idea where to begin), to flowers delivered to the room (...boring...), but I just can't decide! My DH has been less than supportive here-- his answer: "She's going with us on vacation... isn't that enough?".

Anyone have any more, uh, helpful ideas??

Thanks in advance.

What about tea the GF, just the two of you?

Take lots of pictures with Photopass photographers. Then you can choose to buy to ones you like. Great memories!

I took my mom to Disneyland Anaheim (we're from CA) for her 65th birthday. It was the first time she had been in 20 years and the first time we had been together since I was 3! It was a fantastic experience. We found a friend of a friend who had a membership to Club 33 so we went there for her birthday dinner. It was extra special for all of us!

Have fun!

A couple years ago our trip was during Mother's Day. I took my mom to the Grand Floridian Spa (pretty pricey but wonderful), just the two of us, and it was perfect. I emailed the spa ahead of time and told them what I was interested in, and they helped me put together a little package. I've heard that Saratoga Springs has a nice spa although I haven't been there. PS- On the Saratoga Springs 'Amenities and Services' page on WDW.com there's a coupon for a $50 credit for certain spa services. Check it out!

I'll be there on Mother's Day! I like the tea or spa idea. I even like the flowers to the room as a surprise, but I love flowers on Mother's Day.

The trip is my Mother's Day present. I don't think DH is getting anything else for me :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter