• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mother/Daughter Trip - JAN 2015!! My very first PTR! **Final Update 1/12**

desheag

Mouseketeer

Hello && Welcome to my very first Pre-Trip Report!!
I am very new to DISboards, and I am writing this based off of other PTR's I've read! I am open to any suggestions or ideas!!
If I leave something out, let me know!!

NOW- ON WITH THE SHOW!!!

INTRODUCTIONS:

This is me - My name is Deshea and I am 22 years old, from Baton Rouge, LA!
I am a lover of all things Disney! I have visited several times, and I worked for Disney in 2012 as part of the Disney College Program! It was by far the best experience of my life!!

Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom/Hollywood Studios
Favorite Ride: Big Thunder Mountain, Rockin Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror
Favorite Restaurant: 'Ohana
Favorite Movie: Beauty and The Beast
Favorite Resort: Polynesian
Favorite Character: Rapunzel

This is my mom, Dee-Dee!
She is not as big of a fan as I am, but she loves it because she knows how much I enjoy it! She is my best friend & partner in crime! This is our first trip to WDW just the two of us, we cannot wait!

Favorite Park: Animal Kingdom
Favorite Ride: Dinosaur
Favorite Restaurant: Sci Fi
Favorite Movie: The Little Mermaid
Favorite Resort: Polynesian
Favorite Character: Goofy

Before I go into our January Trip... Here's a few pictures of our previous trips to WDW && from my DCP! :)

This is my best friend and former roommate - Geny!
We met online before our DCP and we clicked immediately!
We shared an apartment with two other girls, and we became really close!
Geny and I still keep in touch, and she is my life saver when it comes to planning my trips!
She still lives in Orlando, and works full time for Disney at the Boardwalk Resort!
I can't wait to see her in January!
Here's a few more pics of us throughout our DCP!

Now- THE FUN PART!!!

When are we going?: January 18 - January 23, 2015!!
Where are we staying?: Port Orleans Riverside
What are we celebrating?: Our first mother daughter trip!!

Our Plans!!

Arrival Day - We are flying out of New Orleans, LA! Our flight leaves at 8:20 AM & we should land in Orlando, FL at 11:00 AM! We will take Disney's Magical Express to POR! If our room is ready (FINGERS CROSSED), we will check in, freshen up, and then head to MK! If our room is not ready, we will go straight to a bus and head to MK, and then go back later to check in the room! My MUST DO'S - BIG THUNDER MOUNTAIN (my fave), Mine Train, Dumbo, & Space mountain. I really want to ride almost everything in MK, hopefully we will be able to knock a good bit out! We will eat a late lunch at Casey's Corner or a snack, then explore MK until park close! For dinner I will probably have a Cream Cheese pretzel - MY FAV WDW SNACK EVER! I look forward to eating MANY of those on this trip!! I also want to watch the electrical parade and the fireworks! After park close at midnight, we will head back to the room for a good night of sleep!

DAY 2: EPCOT! - I am an early riser so I will probably be up super early. I plan to get up, explore the resort and take some pictures! We will probably eat a light breakfast at the resort. After that we will head to EPCOT! My favorite ride is Soarin', hopefully we will have a FP, if not I will be running as soon as the gates open!! Other than that, we will walk around, shop, and ride other things until our lunch reservation at Coral Reef at 1:10 PM! My mom has never been to Coral Reef so I am excited for her to experience it! After lunch, we will walk around World Showcase! If we are finished with Epcot at a decent time, we will go to another park, or back to our resort! We don't have any strict dinner plans for this day, we will probably eat a QS meal wherever we end up!

DAY 3: HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS! - Once again I will probably be up early! Breakfast at the hotel, something light! Head straight to Hollywood Studios for rope drop! There's so much I want to do here - Rockin' Rollercoaster, Tower of Terror (which I will have to do by myself), Toy Story Mania, Beauty and The Beast, and much more! We have lunch reservations at Sci Fi for 12:45! After that we will most likely hang around until Fantasmic - our favorite show at WDW!! No dinner plans this day - suggestions are welcome :)

DAY 4: ANIMAL KINGDOM! - My mom's favorite park, and I love it too! Our MUST DO - Festival of The Lion King! Second favorite show at WDW! Mom loves Dinosaur, I hate it - but I ride it because I love her! We have to do the Safari, and I am making her ride Expedition Everest - she secretly loves it ;) No lunch plans for this day - might do Rainforest Café, or a QS! After we are finished at AK - we will head back to the resort to get ready for our 8:30 dinner reservation at HOOP DEE DOO REVUE! I am so excited for this!! I have only been once, and my mom has never been! After that we will go back to our resort and get a good night of sleep for our last day in the parks!

DAY 5: Magic Kingdom/Park Hopping/DTD - We have breakfast reservations at 'Ohana for 8:55 AM. After we eat, we will get on the monorail and enjoy MK for the day. If we want to hop to other parks we will, or we may do some shopping at DTD and eat a late lunch/early dinner at Earl of Sandwich! We will go back to MK for the Parade & Wishes!! What better way to end your WDW vacation that watching Wishes at MK!?! When the park closes (or we can't function anymore) we will go back to the resort, pack up, and go to sleep!

DAY 6: TRAVEL DAY - our plane leaves Orlando at 7:20 AM. This will be an extremely early day. We will hop on the Magical Express EARLY and head to the airport to catch our flight back home :( Our flight lands in New Orleans at 8:15 AM.

***PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CRITIQUE ANY OF MY PLANS, GIVE SUGGESTIONS, ETC.***
I didn't go into great detail because this will be a really laid back trip for us! We have been to Disney so many times but it is always fast paced, so we want this to be more of a go with the flow vacation!

Below I will give you an overview of our ADR's so far:

Monday 1/19/14 - Lunch @ Coral Reef, 1:10 PM
Tuesday 1/20/14 - Lunch @ Sci Fi, 12:45 PM
Wednesday 1/21/14 Dinner @ Hoop Dee Doo, 8:30 PM
Thursday 1/22/14 Breakfast @ 'Ohana, 8:55 PM

we just upgraded to a royal room with a river view!!!!!!! Seriously so excited!!!!!!

Okay so our dining plans have changed a bit!!
The updates are:

Sunday, 1/18/15 -Arrival day - straight to MK after check in (hopefully around 11:30 or 12) BOG for a late lunch, if I can get a fastpass at my 27 day mark, if not we will do casey's corner, and a snack or another QS for dinner

Monday, 1/19/15 - Crystal Palace 8:15 AM (before park opening, YAY) , and Coral Reef for late lunch at 2:15, QS for late dinner

Tuesday, 1/20/15 - early breakfast at resort, Sci Fi lunch at 12:45, QS for dinner

Wednesday, 1/21/15 - Hoop Dee Doo at 8:30 PM, QS for for early lunch

Thursday, 1/22/15 - 'Ohana at 8:45 AM, QS for late lunch/early dinner

WE ARE 79 DAYS AWAY.
I can hardly contain my excitement.
Its so close, yet so far!

We originally were going to purchase our park tickets when we got there, but then I would miss out on all the FP+ options, and I wanted to be sure I got good choices!

SO, we purchased our tickets last night (5 day park hopper), and I am IMPATIENTLY waiting my 60 day mark to make my FP selections, and do online check in!

Time.... please fly by!! I need some Disney in my life, STAT.

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last trip. It was beautiful. have fun!

I'm looking forward to following along! My mom and I always throw around the idea of doing a mother/daughter trip, so I'm looking forward to reading about yours.

We stayed at Port Orleans Riverside last trip. It was beautiful. have fun!

That is so great to hear!! I am so excited!! The only moderate resort I've stayed at is CBR so I am really happy to be trying out a new resort!!! Thank you!

I'm looking forward to following along! My mom and I always throw around the idea of doing a mother/daughter trip, so I'm looking forward to reading about yours.

Hi!! Thanks for reading!! Its funny because this trip was so last minute. I literally called her and said "HEY! flights are REALLY cheap - we're going to Disney whether you like it or not"!!! And the next day everything was booked!! We are so excited because we always go with large groups and it tends to slow everyone down!! We've been so many times, we feel that this trip will be more relaxing than all the others because we can simply do whatever we want and not have to be on a timed schedule!

Love your plans for the upcoming trip! I hope the mine train line isn't still insane like it was in October. I'm also looking forward to my first visit to coral reef on my April trip too!

Love your plans for the upcoming trip! I hope the mine train line isn't still insane like it was in October. I'm also looking forward to my first visit to coral reef on my April trip too!

Thanks for reading! I have a feeling the line will be long for Mine Train, but I am hoping to score a FP for it! My 60 day mark is approaching so we will see!!

So today makes 60 days until we check in!!!
That means... FP+ DAY!!!!

I waited up until 11PM Central Time to secure my FP choices!
Overall, I had a great experience, I thought the system was okay, I just didn't like any of the options it gave me at first, and I had to go in and manually change all the times because the ones I was given overlapped my ADR times.

My Final FP choices were -

DAY 1: MAGIC KINGDOM/ARRIVAL DAY - should arrive at the park no later than 2:00 PM

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - 5:35 PM - 6:35 PM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 6:50 PM - 7:50 PM
Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - 7:50 PM - 8:50 PM

DAY 2: EPCOT

Soarin' - 10:20 AM - 11:20 AM
Spaceship Earth - 11:40 AM - 12:40 PM
The Seas with Nemo & Friends - 1:05 PM - 2:05 PM

DAY 3: HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS

Toy Story Midway Mania! - 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Tower of Terror - 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Voyage of the Little Mermaid - 11:20 AM - 11:35 AM

DAY 4: ANIMAL KINGDOM

Kilimanjaro Safaris - 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Expedition Everest - 10:35 AM - 11:35 AM
DINOSAUR - 11:55 AM - 12:55 AM

DAY 5: MAGIC KINGDOM - DAY 2

Big Thunder Mountain Railroad - 10:40 AM - 11:40 AM
Peter Pan's Flight - 12:25 PM - 1:25 PM
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train - 1:40 PM - 2:40 PM

Overall, I was very happy with my choices!

Now... Online Check In....

This was my first time doing Online Check In.
I was done within minutes, the only request that it let me choose from was what floor I wanted to be on.
I requested Second Floor.

I thought that it gave you Amenities to choose from, but I guess not.
I will fax a request in 5 days prior to arrival to ask to be near transportation and the Food Court, if possible!

We will be making the final payments on our reservation within the next few weeks!
So, all that's left is to wait for Magic Bands && Magical Express vouchers to arrive, then we will be in business!!!

I can't believe how close it is, but it still seems far!
Hopefully with the holidays coming up.. it will make time go by faster!!

Following along! My husband and I are going in January too, so I like seeing other January plans! Yay!

Count me in as an official follower! I'm making a TR too! You're adorable and I also have a great relationship with my mom. I can't wait for you two! :goodvibes

Following along! My husband and I are going in January too, so I like seeing other January plans! Yay!

Thanks for reading!! When in January will you be going?? I love reading other people's plans as well, I will check out your TR :)

Count me in as an official follower! I'm making a TR too! You're adorable and I also have a great relationship with my mom. I can't wait for you two! :goodvibes

Awesome thanks for following along!! I will definitely go read your TR, I love seeing what others have planned!!

So we made the final payment on our trip last night....
&& it is really starting to hit me that we are going!!!
I feel like all of my obsessive planning is finally coming to an end!

Now that the trip is completely paid for
all we have to worry about is spending money!!

&& now more waiting..... for Magical Express Stuff && Magic Bands!!

58 longggggggggg days to go....

Following along! You got some great FP selections. I hope I'm as lucky when it comes time to make mine. Have fun!

Following along! You got some great FP selections. I hope I'm as lucky when it comes time to make mine. Have fun!

Hi!! Thanks for joining!!! :) I was extremely nervous about making FP+ selections, but it was absolutely harmless and the whole process was very smooth!

It's not THAT spectacular but I wanted to share :)

So.... rewind to our 60 day mark when I was making FP selections...
I thought that I didn't NEED A&E FP's because well... we are 2 adults... and I was going to let someone else have them!

Well in the past few weeks I have been extremely obsessed with Frozen...
I guess I jumped on that train wayyyyy late.... but anyway... I was seriously regretting not getting a FP to meet A&E..

Last night I was laying down and scrolling through MDE and I decided to just look and see if there happened to be anything available..
On my first try.. THERE THEY WERE!!!! 2 Fast Passes for Anna and Elsa meet and greet! Talk about some pixie dust!
It is a later time than I wanted (9:10 pm - 10:10 pm) but you bet I grabbed it!!!! :woohoo:

We are now 46 days away from vacation!!!!!!!

In other news....
- I ordered a monogram for my magic band!
- I ordered monogrammed shirts (one for each day)
- I am obsessively stalking the dis
- I can't seem to think about anything other than DISNEY!!!!!!

I think that's all for now :)

WHERE ARE MY MAGICAL EXPRESS VOUCHERS!?!?

I feel like this time last vacation I already had my vouchers and luggage tags!
Maybe I'm just anxious and ready to leave... who knows!

I was looking on MDE and checking out attractions and such... and I realized there's still several things that I haven't done!
(Even though I lived && worked in the world for almost 8 months!!)
I decided this trip I should make a list of things that I want to do/haven't done and I should do my best to get those accomplished!

Here's my list so far:

-Meet Tiana & Naveen
-Meet Gaston
-Meet Peter Pan & Wendy
-Meet Alice & White Rabbit
-Meet Rapunzel
-Meet Merida
-Meet Tink!
-Character Palooza at Hollywood Studios
-Drawing class at Hollywood Studios
-Explore New Fantasyland
-Do Enchanted Tales With Belle
-Try LeFou's Brew
-Pin Trade - A LOT!!! (I loovveeee pin trading)
-Get as many autographs as possible!
-Go into all World Showcase shops
-Spend more time in Animal Kingdom
-Make rope drop at least 2 times!
-Meet Mike & Sulley

I think that's all I can think of for now! I will keep adding until we leave as I think of more :)

HAVE A MAGICAL DAY!! pixiedust:

Following along too! :good vibes.
My sister and me will be in the parks to form 18th-23rd January and can't wait for this trip!

Subscribing!
Thanks for sharing so many photos already!

Shannon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter