Mostly Forgotten Disney Movies

Gus

scale

This is a little more recent, but sadly does not get much attention The Straight Story. There is a lot of interesting aspects to the film, considering how overlooked it is. It was Richard Farnsworth's last film (he was suffering severely from bone cancer during it's filming), and he even earned an Oscar nomination for it. It is also directed by David Lynch, which is pretty mind boggling that he directed a Disney film, considering the nature of the rest of his body of work. It's a beautiful, touching film.

Don't forget to report back if you get to watch it. :)
I watched it this weekend and really enjoyed it ...I love that era/genre of films. Well worth the $2.99. Glad I heard about it here. Let's keep the suggestions coming!

You'd think there'd be more interest by the Disney fans that are on the boards but they just don't seem to wander over to this part of the forum. I think it deserves to be re-positioned. Especially with the renewals coming up and the new pricing -there's a lot of content on D+ but it's just hard to find sometimes. Some of the best films/content I've watched is because I saw it mentioned here.

I watched it this weekend and really enjoyed it ...I love that era/genre of films. Well worth the $2.99. Glad I heard about it here. Let's keep the suggestions coming!

You'd think there'd be more interest by the Disney fans that are on the boards but they just don't seem to wander over to this part of the forum. I think it deserves to be re-positioned. Especially with the renewals coming up and the new pricing -there's a lot of content on D+ but it's just hard to find sometimes. Some of the best films/content I've watched is because I saw it mentioned here.
I agree I love the old Disney movies they were so wholesome!
I also loved Big Red, different genre, but I love dogs!
1661781315359.png

Thanks for the suggestions. I will look up and watch some of these when I can.
Coincidentally I had just watched Blackbeard's Ghost (actually about half, before being interrupted and have not been back to finish yet) just a few days before seeing this.

I watched The Island at The Top of the World and enjoyed it. Then Disney+ suggested The Third Man on the Mountain.
View attachment 698641

So, I was having a real lazy Sunday a couple of weeks ago, and popped this one on - it was great! In the suggestions, it led me to Darby O'Gill and the Little People, so Iw atched that, then Swiss Family Robinson - all of them featuring Janet Munro! I really enjoyed Third Man on the Mountain and it was shot on location. Legend has it that Walt sent a postcard back to the the Imagineers that said "Build this." It was a picture of The Matterhorn!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter