Most Underrated Walt Disney World Experience

I have always really enjoyed the Carousel of Progress in MK. I feel like no one really appreciate the show/ride anymore.

Carousel of Progress has always been one of my favorites. I took my wife and kids to it two weeks ago. I was expecting that they would find it cheesy and tease me about it, but my son and daughter loved it! My daughter and I have been singing "Its a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow" ever since.

I also like Hall of Presidents. When I took my son there, there were maybe two dozen people in there.

I have always really enjoyed the Carousel of Progress in MK. I feel like no one really appreciate the show/ride anymore.

Carousel of Progress is my absolute favorite! I went 3 times in one day before. Not sure I'll be able to get anybody to agree to doing that ever again...

Another one is the Kiss Goodnight. I think the best way to end a WDW trip is to sit on the ground in front of the castle while everybody floods out after Wishes, and wait for the Kiss Goodnight. "See ya real soon!" :')

Last edited:
I LOVE the People Mover.....last trip, the only days at MK with fireworks were 7+ days (obviously) so we had to hop over after from another less busy park....it felt like a 9 or 10 crowd! We wandered about, not finding any lines less than 30 min, so I think all in all we rode the people mover like 4 or 5 times that night!

Not at Disneyworld, but at Disneyland.....I am a WDW vet, so for my 30th birthday, I went to Disneyland, obviously putting a priority on rides that we didn't have at WDW (but hitting most in general).....you know my FAVORITE attraction? CANOEING around the Rivers of America in Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes!! It really was my FAVORITE part....I still talk about it!

I miss the drawing class, and the fun voice over things at the old Sounds Dangerous.......

After our most recent trip I agree with others that say don't plan so much. We had one day that we missed an afternoon fp because we just were comfortable relaxing at the hotel. We had a busy few days before, and it was a nice relax. Then we missed our 7d FP because dinner took a bit longer than expected, my nephew had to use the restroom, and we got caught behind the MSEP. We ended up seeing MSEP from a distance. While I was mad that we missed our only FP for a long wait ride it worked out ok. We lucked into a great spot for wishes after realizing we weren't making our FP. We then walked right on jungle cruise, then splash and btmrr with minimal wait. As we were heading around we got an amazing spot for the second MSEP with no one around us. It felt like the characters were just interacting with us (well, they actually were). After that we got onto the mine train in 25 minutes. Walked onto speedway, orbiter, and buzz before leaving.

While I know not planning isn't going to work out like that usually, what was a quite annoying day worked out to be perfect. We relaxed, got an amazing view of wishes and MSEP, and got to ride a few major rides with minimal waiting.

As I say this I'm thinking of our next trip, and planning our mornings and evenings. As easy as it is to say, it's SO hard to do (well for me anyway).

As for attractions I like country bears and philarmagic. Not the most amazing shows, but they have little waits Also get to relax and sit for a little bit which is much needed.

I feel all the queues get overlooked. The amazing EE queue people just zip through. Same with KRR, BTMRR, even SDMT or PPF.

People Mover and watching the Electric Water Pageant from the lake shore at Fort Wilderness

Mickey's PhiilharMagic is definitely a favorite for sure!

On our last visit we discovered the storybook circus. The wait there to meet characters was so short! Not sure if it was just our timing, but will totally be going back in there on our next visit for more photos! :)

In MK has to be Carousel of Progress I rember riding at the NYC 1964 Worlds Fair with my Father and sister Reenie as narrator is Jean Sheppard and I love his short stories and listened to his radio show
EPCOT The American Experience When they show THE WALL one of the names is a young man who lived on our block
AK both walking trails but mostly Fish pool ie my bait pool in Maharaja Jungle Trek
DHS any of the street performers
Absolute Favorite is a trip to the barn in Ft Wilderness. Ranch hands if not busy are great to talk to and for some reason Dan has to nuzzle up on my wifes hair if he is in a public viewing stall

Amen!! I love playing "bus roulette" sometimes - go to the bus stop and just hop on the first bus that comes (well, not Disney Springs, but the odds of that being first are slim to none) and going to that park. :)

Years ago, when I was much younger and ADRs were not all the range, we would play bus roulette for dinner! We would exit a park for the evening and call out a number. Then hop on that bus and go to that resort and eat dinner at one of the restaurants. It was a great way to explore new resorts and places to eat. Plus a lot of fun! Our favorite bus roulette find was the steak house at the contemporary. Can't recall the name, but it was right in the lobby and you could see the monorail drive by.

Gran Fiesta Tour- I love the atmosphere of the Mexico pavilion and the ride itself brings back memories of one of my childhood faves that no longer exists, If You Had Wings

Living with the Land

People Mover

Hall of Presidents

American Adventure

One Man's Dream is my #1 underappreciated attraction in WDW

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter