Most underrated attraction at DL or DCA?

Animation Academy. I’m always surprised that people don’t know about it. We try to go a few times each trip because it’s always so much fun.
Animation Academy. I’m always surprised that people don’t know about it. We try to go a few times each trip because it’s always so much fun.
This is exactly what I was going to say!! I was shocked how much the whole group liked this: cool place to sit/relax, learn to draw a character and have a wonderful souvenir as well!

Is Mr Toad's underrated? I think it's in this weird in between space of being a bit too childish for most adults, but a bit spooky for young kids. But I love it.

I’ve always thought of it as a very adult themed ride; probably the most in the park.

A reckless joyride starting in the English countryside. You make it to London, end up in a pub, get convicted in court, are killed (rather gruesomely) trying to escape, and go to hell as a result.

I love this ride. 🐸

I’ve always thought of it as a very adult themed ride; probably the most in the park.
Oddly enough, a friend and I were talking about this just yesterday at the park. We noted that it's a day-one ride (a ride there when DL opened). Since the DW version was closed in the late 90s, we wondered if this would ever be considered for DL. Certainly we hoped not. I rode it for the first time as a child at DW and it's something of a family classic. When my younger brother drove with my mother, at the end when the train was bearing down on him, he threw his hands up and his head collapased onto the steering wheel. He thought he'd navigated all of its challenges well but a train was simply too much :-). Often when I ride alone, I'll do the same to honor the memory :-).

We love Mater's as well. There's nothing better than hearing the little ones scream and shriek with excitement. :lovestruc We also rode Casey Jr. for the first time this year and fell in love with it. How we never rode it before is unthinkable!

Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln, I think, is underrated. Whether you really care or not about the history of America (which... you should) or Abe Lincoln (which, again, you should care about) it is a great attraction to do either in the middle of the day or towards the end. I love sitting in that air conditioned theater with super comfy seats. If I didn't care so much about the show, it would surely be my napping place, because NOBODY goes in there so you won't be disturbed.

DL - Story Book land Canal Boats
DCA - Silly Symphony Swings
Neither get the respect they deserve!!!

Casey Jr. But I ALWAYS ride inside the cages. Either one will do. It was our first ride of the day last year and it broke down on the hill near the back. It was sunny and we were glad to be inside, lol. They had to come and hand crank it somehow, otherwise we were going to have to climb out and walk they said. In a similar vein, Storybook Canal boats, with the giant invading ducks, haha. That one is great at night.

I'm laughing hysterically at the canoes answers! Every time I go back to the parks and see the canoes going I am surprised that it is still around. They somehow convince people that doing manual labor in the hot sun with the potential of getting wet is a ride! How?? Why?? I tried it again recently after not having done it in years, in case I had maybe changed my mind, but I sadly had not. I actually do like canoeing in general, but definitely not why I come to DLR!

As for myself, I'm trying to think up some good answers but pretty much all of my favorites are fairly popular (Space Mountain, Big Thunder, Indy, Pirates, Haunted Mansion). I guess I will go with Tom Sawyer's Island. When lunch time approaches and it's starting to get too warm I like to head to the island with my pre-made PB&J and fruit for a pleasant lunch in the shade, followed by some cave exploring. I think many groups, especially with just adults, never even visit it because they assume its just for kids or they think it'll take up too much time, but I find it worth it, even without children. It's a lovely setting with some neat areas to explore.

My other strange answer is a ride that I haven't seen operational in years. The Jolly Trolley in Toontown. I don't know why, but I instantly loved this ride when Toontown first opened. Yes, I know it barely goes anywhere, and does it slowly, but it was just kind of silly how it bobbed and swayed, and it always feels good to get off your feet for a few minutes. The trolley in DCA is great for this too, if a little less fun!

Speaking of DCA, I am still mourning for Heimlich's Choo-Choo Train, and Bug's Land in general. :sad:

The Jolly Trolley in Toontown.
I wish they would bring this back. I haven't seen it actually go anywhere in forever, and the last time I was back there a couple weeks ago the trolly wasn't even there. If they haven't removed it for good, I hope it was taken away to refurbish and put back into service!

Jungle Cruise! I know people enjoy it, but it’s just not a ride people talk about a lot. I absolutely love it & tried to condition my son from an early age, so that he would as well. I’m glad to say it worked. We normally pick a morning each trip where we ride it 2 or 3 times in a row at park open before there is a line.

I love the Storybook Canal Boats and Dumbo for nostalgic charm . At DCA the Redwood Creek Challenge Trail is an oasis for parents. My husband and I sit in the shade and relax while the kids run wild. No lines or hot sun and the kids love it.

Maybe this is a silly question, but given all the Casey Jr answers on this thread - can adults ride that without kids, or would that be weird? I'm pretty sure that's the only ride at DLR we've never ridden even after countless visits (we were locals with APs for 5 years), because I always assumed it was for kids and their parents.

Maybe this is a silly question, but given all the Casey Jr answers on this thread - can adults ride that without kids, or would that be weird? I'm pretty sure that's the only ride at DLR we've never ridden even after countless visits (we were locals with APs for 5 years), because I always assumed it was for kids and their parents.
I never rode it for years until I had kids. I always assumed it was lame, plus the slow moving line kept me away. But now that I’ve ridden it quite a number of times, I actually enjoy it in its own charming way. That song is catchy! Most people on it are with little kids, but I’ve seen childless adults on there as well. Give it a try.

Not at all! I think a lot of little kids and their parents ride it, but it definitely isn't weird to ride without a little kid! I'm 24 and I ride it all the time with either a friend or family member! My favorite, however, is riding it with my mom as we both LOVE the classics! :)

Maybe this is a silly question, but given all the Casey Jr answers on this thread - can adults ride that without kids, or would that be weird?
My family is all adults and we ride it. I am just specific about where I'll sit and if I can't get a "normal" seat, I'll wait for the next train.

While we are all adults, we are all weird. So, if it is weird to ride it, it fits in with us in general anyway.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter