Most trusted car service from LAX to DL?

Kristen Constable

Disney Fanatic....
Will be traveling with my mom with mobility issues and a young daughter. We are familiar with LAX and would like an easy transfer. I read somewhere that a private car service was a better way to go than the Disney shuttle?

I checked on limos.com and almost made a reservation but thought I'd get advice from you all 1st. Also, when it says tip included, does that REALLY mean included or does that mean the bare minimum tip and you should tip more for great service? Thanks!

We used Lansky for our last trip and would use them again for our next trip. Me and my 2 teen children. It was very nice to be met at luggage and have everything taken care of.
When we prepaid I was told tip was included. But I did tip an extra 5 for lovely service.

We are using Lansky on Sunday for the second time. I have a son with autism so I really need things to go smoothly as well. We also bring alot of stuff and the driver tends to help with luggage at the baggage claim so we plan on tipping extra. Hope this helps and good luck!

Midnightred

I saw recommendations here last year so tried lanskys . All went well so I booked again this year.

I liked they gave me a number to text. Our flight from the east coast was announced we would arrive an hour early so I texted them and they met us early.

Going home day they texted when outside and said come down when ready.

Lansky will also stop at a supermarket on the way if you need to pick up any supplies.

... Also, when it says tip included, does that REALLY mean included or does that mean the bare minimum tip and you should tip more for great service? Thanks!

We always are prepared to tip more for great service. If the driver goes above and beyond to help us with luggage, opening doors and settling us in the lobby, helping us with information, etc., then we are willing to show our appreciation. If the driver dumps us and our bags at the curb or if he has a negative attitude, then we feel that his included tip is enough. And we will call the company to give feedback, positive or negative. Good service should be rewarded and bad service can be improved.

Another vote for Lansky. They were great to us in 2015, and have booked them again for later in the year.

I was planning on using Lansky's for my mid-June trip because I always hear glowing reports of their customer service. But I was also hoping to make the car ride special for my daughter and had been assuming Lansky's used a black car service. It looks as though it might actually be just a Honda Odyssey (the car I drive all the time) or Chevy Suburban? Anybody have any recent experience with the type of car?

I was planning on using Lansky's for my mid-June trip because I always hear glowing reports of their customer service. But I was also hoping to make the car ride special for my daughter and had been assuming Lansky's used a black car service. It looks as though it might actually be just a Honda Odyssey (the car I drive all the time) or Chevy Suburban? Anybody have any recent experience with the type of car?
Is it just the two of you? They have a Lincoln Town Car, which is kinda fancy.

We had the Odyssey for pick up but Suburban for return. I too considered a limo or something but she wanted the Tea Time at DLH which was costly so I did that instead.

Both cars were clean and smell free.

We booked using Limos.com for our trip this month; we have a Suburban for the 4 of us (plus 5-6 bags) and got a pretty good rate. We used SuperShuttle last year (I don't think they're around anymore) and I said that was the last time I was doing that... took forever to get picked up and then 1/2 of the seatbelts didn't work. Private car seems to be the best way to go.

Golden West Express is great. I have used them for years. Very professional and friendly.

Thank you! I'll call them to ask. While I can use Uber Black, I like the idea of having a pre-arranged, responsible company pre-booked.

I emailed and they said they would send a Suburban and sent a picture. I'm going to stick with Lansky's because it's a nice enough looking car (even if I would prefer a town car) and because their service and driver reputation is so consistently good I've really wanted to try them.

Certainly from the reports it sounds as though Lansky's are recommended.

When my wife and I visited DLR from the UK last October, the shuttle service we had organized was with Karmel. We were very pleased with the overall service and would use them again.

Might try Lansky's on a future trip though, more than one good company running this kind of service is a big help.

Hi
Going to DL 1st time this July. I was planning on just hopping in a taxi. Is there usually long taxi line and no taxi?

Is Lansky better? Cheaper?
Thanks
Kerri

Just returned from using Lansky last weekend for RT transfer to GCH from LAX. Truly the BEST service we have ever received from a car service, and we travel a great deal. The driver, Daniel, was extremely professional and courteous, he could not have been more helpful. We had a black Suburban for 2 people, which was immaculate and had complimentary water. Daniel also offered to stop at a convenience store on our way to Disneyland. Would definitely use Lansky (specifically Daniel) again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter