Most shareable meals???

ForeverJ

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone!

My friend and I will be traveling to the World in January and have opted out of DDP. We have several TS meals plans, but because I don't eat that much at restaurants, I was hoping my friend and I will be able to share meals and both be full.

Here are the places we currently have ADRs for:
BONGOS (DS)
San Angel INN (EP)
Homecomin' (DS)
Via Napoli (EP)
Morimoto Asia (DS)

If you have eaten at any of these locations - have any of the meals that you've ordered or saw ordered around you been shareable? Please let me know! TIA

Also, does anyone know of any QS/CS locations that the kids menu is similar to the adult menu and the kids portion sizes are adequate for an adult? I remember my last Disney trip I bought a kids chicken nugget entrée instead of an adult one and it was plenty of food! I'm looking for QS/CS meals like that, but a larger variety. Thanks so much!

Just returned from my trip and we ate at Bongos. It is one of our favorites for awesome food and superb service. The empanada appetizer is great to share or have as your meal. They have four varieties and you can get an order with one of each. They are good size and super fun to try them all!

Homecomin' and Via Napoli are shareable between two adults.

At Via Napoli, you can order the large pizza and split. The individual pizzas would not be large enough to share, IMO, unless you add on salads or an appetizer perhaps. DH and I got the garlic bread and each got an individual pizza, and I was comfortably full. Not stuffed. I could have eaten again an hour or two later. The pizza crust is very thin, so not as filling as "normal" pizza.

At Homecomin', the portions are large. I got the fried chicken with mac & cheese and a biscuit. You can choose any side, but some are an up-charge. For the chicken, I opted for all white meat for an up-charge and got two good size bone-in chicken breasts. You could easily order this entree, and
add a second side for an up-charge and share everything.

I thought my individual pizza at Via Napoli was more that enough to share for two.

I have not been to the other's on you list, but here are some of my favorite shareable eateries. Well I have been to San Angel 2005, it's so long ago. My review is outdated.

My favorite at T-Rex is the mushroom ravioli. So good and very large portion.

My pork shank dinner at Chef's DeFrance was very large, easily enough for two.

We shared the pizza at California Grill.

The pasta at Mama Melrose's was very large, easily shareable.

I thought my individual pizza at Via Napoli was more that enough to share for two.

I mention two posts above this one that we thought the individual size pizza at Via Napoli was NOT large enough to share! lol! Goes to show how subjective this can be. IMO, the individual pizza is slightly larger than a personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut, but not nearly as dense. The crust at Via Napoli is extremely thin, so it just was not that filling to us.

Homecomin is definitely shareable. I've split the chicken twice with another adult- both times we also shared an additional side item but I don't think it was necessary, the food is just that good!

Haven't tried any of the others.

I would really take a peak at the appetizer menus. There are quite a few sizeable appetizers that would be cheaper for you than a whole entree, but would be plenty to fill you up.

I would really take a peak at the appetizer menus. There are quite a few sizeable appetizers that would be cheaper for you than a whole entree, but would be plenty to fill you up.

This is a great idea! And not sure if it happens at Disney but some restaurants have a sharing charge!

I mention two posts above this one that we thought the individual size pizza at Via Napoli was NOT large enough to share! lol! Goes to show how subjective this can be. IMO, the individual pizza is slightly larger than a personal pan pizza at Pizza Hut, but not nearly as dense. The crust at Via Napoli is extremely thin, so it just was not that filling to us.

Definitely subjective. We have shared the individual and a salad and have been quite full for the rest of the evening. We did the large between the two of us once and it was just way too much food. We actually find most of the meals at WDW QS and 1TS restaurants more than large enough to share, especially if we split an app or salad as well.

For me, Homecomin' was a perfect amount, but for people who are not big eaters it is probably a good split.

Also, perhaps the bread service and one entree at Sanaa? Between those two that should make for a solid meal!

Homecomin's entrees are big and the chicken with side is easily shared. Their desserts are monsters and may need 2 people to do them justice.

PP's suggestion of Sanaa - even for lunch - is a great one. That bread service plus a smaller lunch entree would work well.

We share regularly at Disney. We prefer to graze instead of having big meals. I just let the server know to be sure it's not a problem. We usually order one app and one full meal and split it. Never had a problem at any Disney restaurant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter