Most missed Platinum perk?

What I missed the most and the main reason we strived to reach platinum - being able to arrive at port when we wished without a PAT (port arrival time). At least DCL should roll out the ability to choose PAT according to Castaway level instead of having everyone jumping online at the same time trying to schedule their PAT.

What is your most missed perk, any Castaway level?
Have you sent an email to DCL? I have and DCL might do something if more Platinum guests communicate their displeasure.

Last edited:

It's a shame that Disney took away the free Palo meal. It's was a wonderful perk. Maybe it will come back when they catch up on the financial losses they incurred during the 'plague'. :-)

It's a shame that Disney took away the free Palo meal. It's was a wonderful perk. Maybe it will come back when they catch up on the financial losses they incurred during the 'plague'. :-)
We have received our free Palo meal 3 times post covid. That perk has not been removed.

I think that the pp who was complaining about it meant that he/she was unable to secure a reservation to Palo on the Wish due to so many concierge cruisers getting first dibbs at booking. There was nothing left even for Platinum cruisers, which is unusual.

We have received our free Palo meal 3 times post covid. That perk has not been removed.

I think that the pp who was complaining about it meant that he/she was unable to secure a reservation to Palo on the Wish due to so many concierge cruisers getting first dibbs at booking. There was nothing left even for Platinum cruisers, which is unusual.
Sorry hit post reply by accident. (On my phone). Thank you so much for clearing that up! 😊

We achieved Platinum after the Jan 2020 cruise but didn't get to cruise again until this past May. Now we're discovering what we are missing. All that time and money to get .... what?

r.e. bold -- We met an *inside cabin only* Pinnacle Cruiser on Oasis who was constantly on the water and happily coveting her Pinnacle Perks on every cruise receiving MUCH MORE bang for her BUCK$.

cruise receiving MUCH MORE bang for her BUCK$.
We have observed the same. Friends who have similar status on other lines receive discounts, free lounges, and other perks. And then get me started on DCL's 'lazy' system of simply counting sailings. We have been DCL Platinum for some time now. DCL does NOT value loyalty to any level whatsoever as other lines. We had two DCL cruises canceled during the virus adjustments, and started looking at WISH, well, just because. Started scouring the DisBoards like I used to.
Having a hard time booking PALO? Not able to secure a PAT earlier ? Just absurd.
Coupled with the reports on here of lessened service, food quality, etc., we're holding off. We have become disappointed in WDW visits, but had hopes for DCL to remain worth the not insubstantial extra cost. Not only "What would Walt do?", but "What would Karl (Holzinger), former Pres. of DCL, do ?
Sorry for the long (ranting, admittedly) post. In answer to the OP, IF we were to book, absolutely a full, leisurely PALO brunch would be what we missed. Without having to hurry upon embarkation to wherever the dining team was to hopefully secure a reservation.

Well they now only gave a us a choice of wine or fruit basket no more truffles This trip on the Wish. We are not big wine drinkers and I can get fruit else where.

At least we still get 10% off at the stores. We don’t have any other perk so it was nice.
I wonder if that's unique to the Wish. I sailed the Magic on 9/11 and got the chocolates.

Became Platinum a long time ago but it has been a couple of years since we sailed. Was sorry to hear how hard Palo brunch has been to get. Then I grin (sorry), I am concierge on my next cruise because of the Wish's late delivery. Since we are going on my birthday I will take advantage of being able to reserve the buffet on our cruise. It is a shame that everyone that has worked so hard to achieve status doesn't get much for it. I will say though, my platinum perks on Carnival include getting to reserve my PAT two days before anyone else, a bottle of water, and a pin. I have to go to a bar to get my bottle of water (didn't even think about it on my last cruise) and had to go to their photo shop to get my pin so didn't get that either, and because I checked in at 14 days my PAT was after 1/2 the ship was on board :) I am going on RCCL next summer, with only two cruises, with them, under my belt I will have to buy my "perks" if I want them but at least there is that option.

The PAT perk is the one I miss the most. I am curious if it will be brought back with the restrictions being lifted so much. That said, I agree with many posts above about the Wish. We were not able to get a Palo brunch or a dinner, and I have checked multiple times, which in itself is annoying. I was able to get Enchante brunch, even though we would have had to pay for it, and then they cancelled that. So basically for our 26 sailings on DCL I get perks that are available to other CC tiers, and a bottle of Prosecco (our choice). It does seem very 1st world problemish, but it would be nice if they could come up with something else for those of us that have thrown $$$ at them for years.

r.e. bold -- We met an *inside cabin only* Pinnacle Cruiser on Oasis who was constantly on the water and happily coveting her Pinnacle Perks on every cruise receiving MUCH MORE bang for her BUCK$.
Yes, maybe so but it costs much more to achieve Pinnacle status than 10 cruises of any length to achieve Platinum.

It takes 700 cruise points to reach Pinnacle level. You earn one point for each night you spend cruising. You can also earn an additional point per night if you are traveling solo and you book a stateroom designed for two single occupancy. Guests booking a junior suite or above also earn an extra point per night.

At a basic level that is 700 nights of cruising to reach Pinnacle or 100 7 day cruises. At an average of $2000 per cruise double occupancy it would cost an average of $200,000 to reach Pinnacle give or take.

3 night cruises on the Wish in May 2023 start around $2,000 or $20,000 for 10 3 night cruises to reach Platinum or about a $180,000 difference. So are the benefits the same, NO but you can not really compare Pinnacle to Platinum as I would say that Pinnacle is much more exclusive and therefore has many more benefits. My BIL and SIL reached Pinnacle. it took them many years and many cruises.

I wonder if that's unique to the Wish. I sailed the Magic on 9/11 and got the chocolates.
But different chocolates. It used to be a nice box of chocolate truffles. On the Magic, we received a silver box of solid chocolates that were essentially inedible. We gave up after the first of our three b2b2b cruises.

Have you sent an email to DCL? I have and DCL might do something if more Platinum guests that communicate their displeasure.
I did. It doesn't cost them anything to have us be in an early boarding group and clearly if they can pack the WD Theater like they do, there's no reason we can't all be at the port together.

dcl_general_header.jpg

Dear ______ _________,

Thank you for your email.

We truly appreciate your concerns and your email has been shared with the appropriate management teams. It is not our intent to upset our loyal Disney Cruise Line Guests.

We regret any disappointment and hope these concerns will not affect your regard for Disney. The Disney name has the power to inspire hope and optimism in people everywhere and we anxiously anticipate sailing with you and your family in the near future.

Sincerely,

Tracy
Shoreside Guest Services
Disney Cruise Line

We recently became platinum too and it’s just not worth it anymore. Disney is really only catering to those who spend more money and go concierge. They should just get rid of the castaway club at this point. It’s pretty worthless.
We‘ve started cruising Royal more often and i think we are going to continue that trend. If Disney doesnt want our repeat business, we’ll take our money elsewhere….plus it’ll go a lot further too on other lines.

I did. It doesn't cost them anything to have us be in an early boarding group and clearly if they can pack the WD Theater like they do, there's no reason we can't all be at the port together.

dcl_general_header.jpg

Dear ______ _________,

Thank you for your email.

We truly appreciate your concerns and your email has been shared with the appropriate management teams. It is not our intent to upset our loyal Disney Cruise Line Guests.

We regret any disappointment and hope these concerns will not affect your regard for Disney. The Disney name has the power to inspire hope and optimism in people everywhere and we anxiously anticipate sailing with you and your family in the near future.

Sincerely,

Tracy
Shoreside Guest Services
Disney Cruise Line
Well this letter is basically a worthless response. Reading between the lines: We are sorry you feel this way but too bad you are not concierge so you are not paying what concierge pays to cruise with us so we do not really care about you but we do hope this doesn't affect your regard for Disney.

Last edited:
Well this letter is basically a worthless response. Reading between the lines: We are sorry you feel this way but too bad you are not concierge so you are not paying what concierge pays to cruise with us so we do not really care about you but we do hope this doesn't affect your regard for Disney.
I really wouldn't expect much more of a response. This is the part I hope to be true:
"your email has been shared with the appropriate management teams"

Someone needs to let them know, we're still paying attention. We saw all the changes/perks removed because they had to do what was necessary for the covid restart. As things return back to normal, we expect the perks to return as well, especially the ones that don't cost them $$$.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter