• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Most looked forward to returns

My wants are a little off the beaten path:
  • Hoop Dee Doo
  • Yeehaw Bob
  • Star Wars Popcorn
Yaaaas, to Kat Saka’s Kettle Corn. Why haven’t they brought this back?! Popcorn is not one of the items short on the supply chain or significantly higher in costs.

1. The Magic: I need to read more about people's magical trips on these boards to feel the desire to return.

These boards have gone from cathartic to depressing.
There has certainly been a higher than normal level of skepticism and negativity lately. But personally, I am confident that the magic is still there, even if it’s a lot harder to see it here :grouphug:

There has certainly been a higher than normal level of skepticism and negativity lately. But personally, I am confident that the magic is still there, even if it’s a lot harder to see it here :grouphug:
I was there in Feb, my DW was there in June. We both felt the magic, even through some of the limitations. I say this: You need to bring a little of your own magic to really appreciate it. The thing is that was just as true before COVID as it is during and after. If you go into the parks with the wrong attitude, you won't get as much out of it.

I'm excited to hear that Laugh Floor is in rehearsal. I really enjoy that show. Looking forward to other shows opening as well. Next on my wish list would be FP and then dining plans. Each of the four trips I have had to WDW since reopening have been fun. We always try to do something a little different each time, restaurants, resorts, rope drop priorities. It has been fun to look forward to whatever the newly-opened things are each trip. We have trips planned for the last week of August and the second week of November. Bring on the new!

I'm excited to hear that Laugh Floor is in rehearsal. I really enjoy that show. Looking forward to other shows opening as well. Next on my wish list would be FP and then dining plans. Each of the four trips I have had to WDW since reopening have been fun. We always try to do something a little different each time, restaurants, resorts, rope drop priorities. It has been fun to look forward to whatever the newly-opened things are each trip. We have trips planned for the last week of August and the second week of November. Bring on the new!

Me too! Hopefully, they'll get the Laugh Floor running before our late August trip but that may be wishful thinking

Me too! Hopefully, they'll get the Laugh Floor running before our late August trip but that may be wishful thinking

LAugh Floor will be great because it ties into the new Monsters at Work show on Disney+. They should re-do the pre-show video with scenes from that like they did for Monsters U.

1. Fast passes
2. Real character meet and greets, including character meals
3. All theater shows/performances happening again, especially at AK and HS to help eat crowds
4. Housekeeping
5. All playgrounds, interactive queues, and activities like A Pirates Adventure and Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique open.

1. Fastpass+ (in any form)
  2. International CMs at the World Showcase
  3. Finding Nemo: The Musical

Once parades and meet & greets are back, I will feel much better about wait times for rides, even in the absence of FP.

From what I can tell, the only big show left (in contrast to parades) without a reopening date is Indiana Jones. Am I missing anything else? Voyage of the Little Mermaid is listed as “temporarily unavailable,” but I thought I read they were getting rid of it completely. To be honest, it’s a bit dated.

I think most folks want Fast Passes and character meet and greets. I don’t care abt characters and FP depends on crowd levels and how they plan to roll it out…TBD in my opinion.

My wish list is increased dining availability and shows/ entertainment. We need more stuff to do and see. What’s available now is not enough

Regular old fastpass
Character meals/ character photos where you can hug them
The parade

Once parades and meet & greets are back, I will feel much better about wait times for rides, even in the absence of FP.

From what I can tell, the only big show left (in contrast to parades) without a reopening date is Indiana Jones. Am I missing anything else? Voyage of the Little Mermaid is listed as “temporarily unavailable,” but I thought I read they were getting rid of it completely. To be honest, it’s a bit dated.
There has been no indication that VotLM is gone permanently.
And I would say Finding Nemo is a pretty big show.

I probably won't go back to DHS until Fantasmic! is back. That's the only thing that makes that park worth the price for us. We went in February to see the new Star Wars land and Toy Story since we only do DHS about every 3rd trip, and of course we weren't able to ride RothR. The boarding groups were gone in 2 seconds flat both times. It was just so hot and crowded that day that we rode what little was left and we got outta there. I hate the boarding groups. I would rather at least have half a chance of standing in line for hours on end than an absolute NO after you've paid so much to get in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter