Most horrible physical pains you have experienced?

When I threw my back out. Could not get comfortable sitting or lying down and trying to get in and out of bed was torture. It was worse than childbirth.

Pain from Covid-19 was horrible.
Ripped my toenail off, that hurt pretty bad.
Kidney Stone, thought I was dying.
Worst pain I have ever felt was when I severed my Achilles tendon. It hurt so bad I can't even describe it.

Vomiting after hernia surgery, second only to big toenail peeling up after a door opened over my foot.

Yikes, some of these sound awful!!

- Post-partum hemorrhage after a twin CSection and its aftermath. I screamed when they had to vigorously massage my uterus to help get it to stop

- Severe corneal abrasion in a lumberyard when a gust of wind blew a sliver of wood up under my eyelid. Could not see for several hours as any eye movement caused excruciating pain. Urgent Care people made it worse; had to go into Mass Eye and Ear ER - longest ride of my life

- Adenomyosis before hysterectomy, similar to hemorrhage pain

Waking up from hip surgery. For whatever reason, the painkiller hadn't worked and I woke up screaming and (sadly - if I had been aware, I wouldn't have done it) was loud enough that it went through much of the wing I was in. It was a particularly painful hour until it got under control.

I used to have a chronic gynecological condition called Mittelschmerz and it was debilitating. Hitting menopause was one of the greatest reliefs of my life.

Pitocin induced labor, dry socket.

This is very high on my list.
Breaking ribs last year .. oof painful
i had brain decompression surgery and when I woke up from that, I begged them to kill me. No painkillers helped, i thought I would not make it. I then developed a CFS leak, and had almost zero fluid left. omg worst headaches possible.
I had to have a few spinal taps 😬🥴 done, before they had to replace the dura, give me a shunt , because I rejected it. As I lay unable to move 10% of any body part for ten days, waiting and praying the shunt would work, it finally did. I think I spent May and June in hospital, before I could come home. Worst (be far), pain possible.

This is very high on my list.
Breaking ribs last year .. oof painful
i had brain decompression surgery and when I woke up from that, I begged them to kill me. No painkillers helped, i thought I would not make it. I then developed a CFS leak, and had almost zero fluid left. omg worst headaches possible.
I had to have a few spinal taps 😬🥴 done, before they had to replace the dura, give me a shunt , because I rejected it. As I lay unable to move 10% of any body part for ten days, waiting and praying the shunt would work, it finally did. I think I spent May and June in hospital, before I could come home. Worst (be far), pain possible.
Sweet Jesus, what a terrible ordeal. I'm a little queasy just reading about it. You are one strong lady, but then again, we already knew that. :flower3:

Labor and what I suspect were a couple gallbladder attacks - I was too young and stupid to go to the ER so I'll never really know.

3. Gall bladder attack that had me in the ER
2. Natural Childbirth (twice)
1. Endometrial Biopsy (twice) - I call that one "the claw", and I will never have one again while conscious. They'll have to knock me out first!

Spinal Surgery - far and wide painful
I’ve broken ribs / feet / dry sockets / had kids/ other surgeries / migraines - child’s play compared to that surgery I wished someone to knock me out as the OxyContin and morphine did nothing

1. Nerve pain from my back up to my neck over my head into my eye socket.. for the last 2 years. Doctors dunno what's wrong.
2. Needle to numb my toe for a ingrown removal. The Doctor did it wrong and instead of putting it in the meat of the toe she put it in the bone multiple times.. I have had broken bones and have endometriosis and #1 and this was horrible.

After having 2 natural childbirths, the worst pain I've ever felt was when I discovered that I had tendinitis in my hip and a close second was a gallbladder attack. Those 2, especially the tendinitis, made me cry much more than labor.

It was when I developed a herniated disc and it started pinching my sciatic nerve. The pain became excruting for a short time, but then something kind of popped and it went to severe numbness in my leg before I even got to see a doctor, so fortunately it didn't last long. It was bad though.

I guess labor? I had an epidural and had a really nice labor.

I've broken a lot of bones, have some joint/cartilage damage - when that acts up it can be pretty miserable. But thankfully, nothing too terribly awful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter