Most hideous gift you have been given for your home?

I wouldn’t say that they were actual gifts but we got lots of hand me down furniture after we got married in 1981 that was pretty ugly. But we didn’t have much money and were trying to renovate a very old house. I can recall many times seeing furniture sitting out by the road that people were throwing out that looked better than ours. We lived with crappy furniture for 20 years until we finally went out and bought some new stuff. Nothing fancy but it was wonderful.

At one of my bridal showers, an older lady gifted me w/ a homemade burgundy lace toilet paper cover. It had spaces for 3 rolls of toiler paper & was made w/ burgundy lace, ribbon, & little silk flowers.

This wine holder. I never understood it. Why was it a dog? Why did it have a clock? Why did its decapitated head hang from a chain every time I poured a glass of wine?

9F88FA75-F5F8-46C2-A663-1B9A05D71115.jpeg

At one of my bridal showers, an older lady gifted me w/ a homemade burgundy lace toilet paper cover. It had spaces for 3 rolls of toiler paper & was made w/ burgundy lace, ribbon, & little silk flowers.
Gotta love the classics 😁

I never received anything really hideous. Not my taste, yes.

I received a vase that was porcelain but had a basketweave texture with the middle being smooth with painted flowers in pink, melon, and purple. It was very 80's in style and in age appropriateness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter