Most Convenient Loop for Meadows Pool?

jsmla

DIS Veteran
I don’t usually care about the pool but we might brIng our 4 year old granddaughter this August. Which loops are closest to the Meadows pool? We won’t have a golf cart. We’re open to any category with sewer hookups.

Thanks!

The 1000 and 1100 loops are pretty convenient if I remember correctly.
We love 1100 loop because it's not a Meadows Premium more expensive site but still a Premium and a short walk from the Meadow Pool and a playground is at the end of the loop at Ft Wilderness Trail.

The loops that are close to the pool (and Trading Post and Campfire area) are the ones that were designated as "Premium Meadow" a few years ago and thus received a higher price than the plain ol' "Premium" category they were previously.

As such that's 600, 800, 900, 1000 and 1400. Of those, the far end of 800 is probably the furthest away and given your criteria, I would not consider it but would the remaining ones. And of course the near end of any loop is closer than the far end of the same loop (600 is a good example of that).

900 and 1000 are across the road from the Meadow Trading Post. I've stayed in both and would recommend. 1400 is a favorite for some folks - it is next to the campfire area which is next to the Bike Barn which is next to the pool. 600 (the end nearest the Meadow Trading Post is as close as 900/100. The far end is as close as 1400 (and a nice footbridge over the water connects the two).

So make a "requested loop" notation on your reservation for 600/900/1000/1400 IMO or when you check-in at the Fort. Below is the area and the loops I mentioned. "G" of course is the pool.

Capture.PNG

Bama Ed

Last edited:

Hi, heading down in late Feb and typically stay in 100s loop. This time was looking for a larger site and preferred meadow. However with the pool under refurb, is it worth it, or recommend staying close to 100s? We have a golf cart.

Hi, heading down in late Feb and typically stay in 100s loop. This time was looking for a larger site and preferred meadow. However with the pool under refurb, is it worth it, or recommend staying close to 100s? We have a golf cart.

If the pool is going to be closed, then being close to the pool is no biggie.

If you have stayed in 100 before and like it, request a site in 400 just across the road from 100. It is a regular Premium site (and all the Premium/Premium Meadow sites have the same minimum dimensions basically which are good sized). You don't have to pay the up-charge for "Meadow" sites and you are closer to where you normally stay.

I got bumped out of 100 (had booked a Preferred) one time and they put me in 400/Premium at no extra cost. It was okay but since I have a pop-up, the Preferred sites were usually fine for me anyway. But 400 was bigger and still very walkable to the Pioneer Hall area and the Fort waterfront.

Bama Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter