Most awful thing you saw at the park?

old lady

DIS Veteran
I recall hearing people saying that people still think it is a good idea to stand up on Space Mountain, and women are showing off their breasts on top of the big drop of Splash mountain. I even heard older women exposed themselves to the actor who plays Jack Sparrow and Goofy.:scared1: I heard that people start kissing and making moves in front of children regardless whether they are straight or gay. Are there other things besides these you seen?

I don't know if thsi counts- but the craziest thing I experienced was, a couple years back, my mother, sister, and I were in a MK restroom and a girl swallowed a bobby pin, somehow
I was reading a TR where some lady was with her son waiting to get into Fantasmic. The boy told his mother he had to go to the bathroom and the mother pulls out a cup and told him to go in it... oh, and urine got onto the TR author. consequently, the woman and son were soon asked to leave the park

I get pretty upset when I see these two things:

Parents yelling/hitting/being mean to their kids.
Kids chasing the ducks! I hate seeing kids being mean to the animalsin the park.

Last week I was in line at the Matterhorn when I noticed a large family party with a young boy (I would say 6-8) who was terrified of going on the ride. Mom and dad just kept saying you will like it, it's fun, etc... and he was clearly not happy (crying a bit). They got put into the bobsled in front of mine so when I first got in I quickly noticed they were at the seatbelt check and frantically waving to a cast member. Turns out he was so scared, he was puking all over the car and couldn't stop. Poor CMs didn't know what to do since he just kept doing it but finally they got him out with mom, but poor dad had to run through the ride in the front seat since they were backed up. The rest of the family offered him no sympathy.

It was just sad and gross and I felt so terrible for that boy. Thankfully the CMs were extremely nice to him and didn't make any comments that would make him feel worse. Too bad the family didn't feel the same way.

SarafinaPink said:
Last week I was in line at the Matterhorn when I noticed a large family party with a young boy (I would say 6-8) who was terrified of going on the ride. Mom and dad just kept saying you will like it, it's fun, etc... and he was clearly not happy (crying a bit). They got put into the bobsled in front of mine so when I first got in I quickly noticed they were at the seatbelt check and frantically waving to a cast member. Turns out he was so scared, he was puking all over the car and couldn't stop. Poor CMs didn't know what to do since he just kept doing it but finally they got him out with mom, but poor dad had to run through the ride in the front seat since they were backed up. The rest of the family offered him no sympathy.

It was just sad and gross and I felt so terrible for that boy. Thankfully the CMs were extremely nice to him and didn't make any comments that would make him feel worse. Too bad the family didn't feel the same way.

How sad :-( I understand strongly urging your kids to ride an attraction when you know that they will really enjoy it, but to get a child to the point of vomiting makes me upset! My girls were afraid of the HM when they were young. We always talked them into riding and they came around and love it now. They never cried or expressed a real fear. One of my DD hates heights and was almost to the point of vomiting at the thought of Tarzan's tree house. She would cry and shake and get pale. I could never imagine forcing her to go up. Its very simple to us. If someone doesn't want to participate in something then we make arrangements to sit with that person while others ride.

Kids chasing the ducks! I hate seeing kids being mean to the animalsin the park.

I hate that too. So when it was my MIL trying to get close to a mama duck and her babies, it was especially mortifying. I wouldn't have minded seeing her get booted from the park that day. :sad2:

We were waiting for World of Color to start and were standing by a short wall. We were leaning against the wall and was planning on carrying/supporting my daughter against the ledge when WOC started. All of a sudden we see an arm with a coffee cup leaning across us to place their cup on the ledge where we were standing. I asked the lady what she was doing. She said, "Oh, I'm just placing my trash here because I can't get out to a trash can." I told her that there is a trash can around the corner and I know this because I just went to throw away my trash. Then I handed her back her trash.

I mean, I try to do my part to keep the park clean, but if you have trash and you can't throw it away right that moment, what's wrong with the ground right in front of you? Why would a person throw their trash away in someone else's spot with that person standing right there? I think it was the only time that I was rude to another person in the park.

I'm sure it's not the worse, but it sticks out in my mind - walking by a couple over in Frontierland who were screaming at each other, complete with cussing. And they were across the walkway from each other.

Fortunately I haven't seen that at DLR, but I have been known to raise my voice at kids who know better when I see this happen at a park or the zoo.

Well, it was more 'ick' than 'awful', and it was my dd's fault :) A few years ago when she was a young teen, she lost a molar in the Hungry Bear bathrooms. As she nonchalantly rinsed her mouth out in her sink, the gal at the next sink took a look and started gagging. :eek:

I've been guilty at encouraging to the point of forcing my daughter to get on certain rides at Disneyland! She was 6 at our last DLR vacation and she was screaming/crying to not ride HM! But once we got on the ride she LOVED it and had the guts to even ride ToT too! I would never put my child in any danger. She even wanted to ride Scremin but I was to nervous about that one! I guess point is you should know your kid well enough to know whether they'd like the ride. Matterhorn is not that bad of a ride and I prob would've encouraged my daughter to go on that ride too...but by that time she was begging me to go on the ride. I remember my Dad use to do the same thing when I was little. Just can't make a big deal out of Disneyland rides...they were made for kids!

We were eating at Rancho del zocalo, and I watched in awe and disgust as a women placed her.baby on the table, and proceeded to change her baby's loaded diaper. I was completely obvious , chin on Elbows, exclaiming "Ewwww, Gross !!! Oh ,yuk!!!" Loudly! Ha!!! She glared at me!! It was so gross. And, then......wait for it.....wait for it.....she left it waded up on the table,. Dh Tells her to go pick up her trash ,that she was disgusting.and nabbed a cm quick, explained what the lady had done and could he please sanitize the table,......lady sheepishly grabbed the diaper and scurried away. So gross......

I have also seen diapers being changed on tables that people eat on.
Here is a women changing a Diaper in Fronter Land. YUCK>>>

Once outside of Space Mountain I slipped and fell on my butt into a pile of vomit. It was disgusting, but luckily my family and the CM's were all very helpful and I was cleaned up and de-barfed in no time. :)

We watched in horror from upstairs in the golden horseshoe while a woman downstairs changed her baby's dirty diaper on the table, while people all around her were eating and her own older kids were eating on the table! So gross! Lots of others were staring at her too. I've taken my kids from as little as two months. There is no excuse to do that at DL! There are changing tables everywhere! Eww!

On the force your kid on a ride thing, we somewhat do that. My youngest has been on the rides before but he always cries in line. I think the anticipation gets to him. W look like the awful parents in line. He cries and cries but as soon as we sit in the ride, he's fine and quiet and smiling and having fun. We haven't tried the Matterhorn or space mountain yet. We are hooping as he gets older he won't cry anymore. We will see.....

crystal1313 said:
On the force your kid on a ride thing, we somewhat do that. My youngest has been on the rides before but he always cries in line. I think the anticipation gets to him. W look like the awful parents in line. He cries and cries but as soon as we sit in the ride, he's fine and quiet and smiling and having fun. We haven't tried the Matterhorn or space mountain yet. We are hooping as he gets older he won't cry anymore. We will see.....

I think there is a difference between what you guys are going through- a kid that cries in line because of anticipation, wait time, mild fear of the ride, ect... And someone who forces a kid to ride when the kid is obviously terrified!
I am sure your son will grow out of it! My girls grew out of their HM fear. My terrified DD even seems to be slowly outgrowing her fear of Tarzan's Treehouse. She still hasn't gone up yet but she does give it some thought. Baby steps!

Guess I'm pretty lucky that I haven't seen anything as bad as the things in this topic.

The worst I've seen is more of an "ick gross" than a "shame on you, that's embarrassing, etc". There was this absolutely adorable baby girl (like 1 to 2 years old) who just ran up to Pooh to hug him and take a picture. Afterwards, she picked up a piece of popcorn off the ground (who knows how long that's been there) and put it in her mouth. Her parents didn't do anything to stop her.

Once outside of Space Mountain I slipped and fell on my butt into a pile of vomit. It was disgusting, but luckily my family and the CM's were all very helpful and I was cleaned up and de-barfed in no time. :)

Reading this reminds me of various puking in the parks incidents I have witnessed over the years. Part of the amusement park landscape I guess. Most recent one was during a dinner at Rancho Zocolo. My v tired and hungry family had just gotten our food and sat down at one of the few open tables (the place was packed and it had been a long long line to get served and pay.) Just as we began eating a teenage boy carrying a big tray of food came lurching down the aisle by our table. He did not look good. I just remember thinking please no, please don't do it. But he did. He projectile vomited and spilled the whole cheesy greasy tray of food at the same time. Luckily it was mostly on the ground, but the smell was horrific. I felt bad for the teen whose friends and family caught up with him and helped him away. We tried to move our seats but as you can imagine we didn't really feel like eating our dinners after that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter