Most Affordable Restaurants for Foodies

Check out some of the dining experiences at some of the Epcot restaurants during the festival. We've enjoyed the ones at Chef Pauls and Tutto Gusto.

For better quality food I'd definitely venture outside the parks and over to the resorts as a rough rule. The signature restaurants at the resorts will typically beat the ones inside the parks.

I'd also consider some of the lounges if you're looking for some better quality while trying to save a bit... The crew cup lounge is a great example, it isn't something I'd rank in the top meals I've ever had and is definitely more than your standard quick service park fare but you can get something closer to Yachtsman quality at a bit lower price point (https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/yacht-club-resort/crew-cup-lounge/menus/).

A few other personal highlights would be:
Tutto Gusto Wine Cellear - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/tutto-gusto-wine-cellar/
Flying Fish - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/boardwalk/flying-fish/
Trader Sam's - https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/polynesian-resort/trader-sams-grog-grotto/

we do need some decent TS or QS meals in the other parks/resorts as well. Does anyone have any suggestions for decent, good value restaurants? Any restaurants that "foodies" have good luck with?

I'm more focused on healthier options along with taste, and I think for the QS locations that AK has the best food overall. Satu'li Canteen is a huge favorite of mine (I would eat there every day of my trips if it were feasible), and I also like Nomad Lounge.

I'm planning a trip with my husband for next fall during Food and Wine. He is extremely picky when it comes to the quality of food but he doesn't like to spend a lot either. The classic "champagne taste, beer budget" situation. For example, he said Yachtsman's Steakhouse was just okay but he considered it a splurge meal. While we'll be spending a lot of time eating at Food and Wine, we do need some decent TS or QS meals in the other parks/resorts as well. Does anyone have any suggestions for decent, good value restaurants? Any restaurants that "foodies" have good luck with?
Tutto Gusto for small plates.

Capa for small plates.

Nomad Lounge for small plates.

Skipper Canteen for large plates.

50's Prime Time for huge portions.

Splitting a steak at Shula's.

Splitting a whole fish at BlueZoo.

All high-quality food.

I agree with many of the previous posters. Here are my recommendations food good quality, interesting food that won't break the bank: Sanaa, The Wave, Skipper Canteen, and Nomad Lounge. Or for a splurge: Capa, Tiffins, Flying Fish, or Citricos.

In-Park: Spice Road Table, Hollywood Brown Derby Lounge, BaseLine Taphouse (my opinion - the best value for a charcuterie & cheese plate on property, and the beef puff is pretty delicious too), Tutto Gusto (panini sampler), Nomad Lounge
Resort: bluezoo during Happy Hour (crab nachos are legit), Cali Grill Lounge and share a couple of the smaller plates (flatbread, sushi, goat cheese ravioli), Ale & Compass Lounge, Il Mulino (they do half-portions of the pastas so you can try a couple)
Disney Springs: Paddlefish (apps are good deals - I like the lobster corn dogs, the charred octopus and the crab fries), Morimoto (the duck ramen is FANTASTIC and a great deal at $17),

Last edited:
I agree with many of the previous posters. Here are my recommendations food good quality, interesting food that won't break the bank: Sanaa, The Wave, Skipper Canteen, and Nomad Lounge.
We are people who love interesting food done well but won’t spend $$$ on it at Disney (for a number of reasons including not wanting to spend lots of time on fine dining on a Disney trip). We are just back from our trip and our best meals were: Sanaa, Nomad Loubge, Satuli Canteen, Spice Road Table and the Wave. Didn’t make it to Skipper Canteen, sadly.
The only miss was my gnocchi meal at the Wave - so salty it was inedible after 3 bites. But everything else (apps and other meals) were delicious.

I'll add my 2 cents.
  • Hollywood Brown Derby: This is a signature restaurant and the prices on most of the menu reflect that; however, on the lunch menu they have some more affordable offerings including a burger, chicken sandwich, and a cobb salad.
  • Sanaa: Located at the Kidani Village portion of Animal Kingdom Lodge and serves African/Indian fusion food. The bread service here is incredible. By Disney standards, this is one of the better values on property. A bonus is that at Lunch you can watch the animals out on the savannah while you eat.
  • The Wave: This is at the Contemporary and is often overlooked because its on the first floor and doesn't have a view. The Wave really focuses on using high-end, local (when possible) ingredients. The breakfast buffet here is particularly good and offers a number of unique options, such as sweet potato pancakes.
  • Ale & Compass: This is the relatively new restaurant at the Yacht Club. I'm not sure I would call this a foodie restaurant, but I think they offer higher end food at a relative value (by Disney standards).
  • Sebastian's Bistro: This is the refurbed restaurant at Caribbean Beach Resort. They offer a number of unique options that fit the Caribbean theme. I haven't personally eaten here, but its gotten fairly high reviews.
For counter service, the only one that I would consider to be consistent with the foodie focus would be Stauli Canteen. That being said, I think that Flametree BBQ and Harambe Market also serve fairly good food.

There are plenty more restaurants at WDW that I think would fit the foodie theme, such as Tiffins, Jiko, California Grill, and Flying Fish that are all excellent but they are also very expensive.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter